Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Which "East 3 seed" do you want? (UPDATE: IT'S VANDY)

Started by mathhog, March 03, 2008, 01:40:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggish1

Quote from: Hogginitall on March 03, 2008, 10:25:21 am
Doesn't mean anything because we're playing at a "neutral site", that will be filled with Hog fans.  It's not like playing at Bud Walton, but definitely not as bad as playing on someone else's home court.  This team seems to be able to play on a neutral court, just not on the road.  Take a look at our run in the SECT last year, Baylor in Dallas this year, the tournament in Orlando last year, even our tournament this year (minus the game where we had 32 turnovers).

They were trying to save Heath's job.  Then when they thought they had they layed an egg (again!) in the NCAA.

Hot_Town_Hog

Quote from: booth1249 on March 06, 2008, 10:17:16 am
I still think I would rather play FL, then a Patterson-less KY, then Vandy.

Vandy is a good, solid team with players inside and out. I really don't want to play a team with Foster on it again after the show he put on in F'ville.

I think we have the athletes to slow down Bradley and Crawford and have the size to take advantage of Patterson being out.  I think KY is an average team that shoots free throws really well, which makes them an above average team.  An average night by Crawford and Bradley (see @ Vandy) spells disaster for them.  I still think they are good enough for the tournament though.

Not real worried about FL, although we have shown we are capable of losing to anyone at anytime.

After last night, Florida has the 4 spot locked up. It will be either Vandy or KY. If KY beats Florida on Saturday, we will be playing Vandy.

Hoggish1

Quote from: jbcarol on March 03, 2008, 04:26:40 pm
I've got to go with Marc Maggard on this one. 

For folks who want Kentucky in the SEC-T to relive old times and that it would be much sweeter to send their fans thru the exits, I hear you.

We've got Vandy's number.  These Kentucky kids are playing like everything we are complaining that the majority of our seniors are not doing.  They have responded to discipline well and are mentally and physically tough.  If we meet UK, let's meet in the championship game.

This is a logical post.  We want no part of UK.  They have gotten mentally tougher without Patterson.  That's the mark of a good club and a better coach.

Hoggish1

Quote from: TheArkansasTraveller on March 04, 2008, 12:44:36 pm

Kentucky, Kentucky, Kentucky!   We are better than them and revenge on a neutral court will be sweet.   That and I don't want any part of Vandy.

We should be better than them, but because of no heart, they are better than us, even w/o PP

Hogginitall

Quote from: Hoggish1 on March 06, 2008, 10:50:04 am
They were trying to save Heath's job.  Then when they thought they had they layed an egg (again!) in the NCAA.

They weren't playing to save their coach's job in the other games I listed.  We can play decently on a neutral court.  Just as long as it's not on another team's floor, we're fine.

jbcarol

Kentucky 25%  Vandy 75% chance to face Auburn or 'Bama.

Then come the Hogs on Friday.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

jbcarol

Someone had a different perspective on this.  This is given we take care of business against Auburn.

If we met Vandy next Friday and lost it looks like a great team avenging an earlier loss and we resting up waiting for our first round game.

Lose to Kentucky on Friday and we may pay a price (compounded if heaven forbid we lose to Auburn this weekend).

There is sweet reward for a Friday victory over Kentucky, consequences with a loss to them.

I think I would rather see all of that play out on Sunday if it is to be.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Hoggish1

Quote from: Hawg2011 on March 06, 2008, 12:37:29 pm

No, they aren't mentally tougher I don't think. Yeah they played Tenn. close..and they beat SC. They are going to lose to Florida in my opinion, Florida gave Tenn. a run for their money without that charge I think Florida might have won the game..I think Tennessee is getting tired.  Kentucky will also be tired coming into the game with us. Vandy will be out for blood, KY will be out to win the SECT...possibly looking past our game for a chance at TN. Vandy wants US.

You haven't figured out what BCG does yet.  He and his team don't look past their nose.  They will beat UF like a drum.  They are mentally tough and even tougher, physically.

riccoar

I'm hoping Vandy beats Bama.  I can't stomach another helping of Kentucky, if you know what I mean.  The SEC loves Kentucky too much.

jbcarol

Quote from: Hoggish1 on March 06, 2008, 10:50:10 pm
You haven't figured out what BCG does yet.  He and his team don't look past their nose.  They will beat UF like a drum.  They are mentally tough and even tougher, physically.

During the game at South Carolina, backup guard Porter's shoulder popped out.  Asked by Coach Gillispie why he did not tell anyone until after the game, Porter replied, "We were in foul trouble."

jbcarol

mathhog

Kentucky as well.  some are saying, quite right, that a loss to vandy isn't bad, while a loss to kentucky hurts us as KY and ARK are on the same 'level' of the ncaas (well not quite, ark is still a few seeds ahead of the 'cats, who have just squeaked in some projections)

But i say, if you can't beat em, you dont deserve to go... bring on Kentucky!  We will mop the floor with em! :)

jbcarol

One thing we really have in common with Vandy is Road Record.  Vandy's road record gives the appearance of the team that is made for their home gym and a loss tomorrow would make this discussion moot.  Our guys, if I am reading Coach right are "homebodies". 

With that sense of not travelling well from both squads, I like the fact that we have a "W" on them which I don't totally attribute to our crowd that day.

cardinalhawg

Arkansas has matched up well with Vandy the past few seasons, but Vandy is due for a win against Arkansas.  On the other hand, Arkansas has had fits with Kentucky, but I would still take Kentucky, since Patterson is not available.

jbcarol

I think the Hogs have Vandy's number.  One of their rare home losses is credited to the Hogs (late last year).  I think they match up well and have advantages physically and defensively that will pay off.

A lead columnist for a state paper in Kentucky led with, "Patterson had been holding Kentucky back..."

Ahenso

I think its going to end up being Kentucky, either way we need to win our first game.

jbcarol

That's the key.  Arkansas needs to either go into the SEC-T with a focus on winning it.  Looking ahead that means smacking Tennessee in the mouth and then it does it really matter who shows up Sunday.

With a win over Auburn this weekend qualification and even really significant seeding will not be decided in Atlanta for the Hogs short of winning.  (Though a win over Tennessee in the semis might get some love).

Hoggish1

Quote from: Ahenso on March 07, 2008, 02:40:18 pm
I think its going to end up being Kentucky, either way we need to win our first game.

A first game win would be nice but if we take care of business with Auburn we can mail it in in Atlanta and probably will.

Hoggish1

Quote from: jbcarol on March 07, 2008, 02:34:49 pm
I think the Hogs have Vandy's number.  One of their rare home losses is credited to the Hogs (late last year).  I think they match up well and have advantages physically and defensively that will pay off.

A lead columnist for a state paper in Kentucky led with, "Patterson had been holding Kentucky back..."

He quicky said, in his next line: "Just kiddling!"

jbcarol

Quote from: Hoggish1 on March 07, 2008, 04:20:32 pm
He quicky said, in his next line: "Just kiddling!"

He said he was kidding.  That would certainly change things.

Never mind.

Hot_Town_Hog

Quote from: Ahenso on March 07, 2008, 02:40:18 pm

How can we focus on bubble talk with that avatar? I forgot we were still playing there for a minute or two!!

jbcarol

I will go Vandy and not just because I don't have much choice.  Vandy will lose at Bama in OT.

mathhog

Quote from: jbcarol on March 08, 2008, 04:15:04 pm
I will go Vandy and not just because I don't have much choice.  Vandy will lose at Bama in OT.

you were right. :)

Hoggish1

Quote from: chog68 on March 06, 2008, 12:02:17 am
I want UK-we'd knock them out of the SEC and the NCAA!!!

That's a serious dream you are having.  Let's see if we can take care of business starting in about five minutes on ESPCL.

jbcarol

Hot_Town_Hog

Quote from: Hoggish1 on March 08, 2008, 06:00:41 pm
That's a serious dream you are having.  Let's see if we can take care of business starting in about five minutes on ESPCL.

Just curious if you are a KY fan? Seems like you sure are defensive of them in most of your post.

jbcarol

SEC-W#6 Auburn v. SEC-E#3 Vandy   Meet the winner about 2:40 PM CDT on Friday.

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on March 07, 2008, 02:34:49 pm

yeap

jbcarol

I think they could be dancing to "One Shining Moment" and we would see posts saying, "that was a good win, we might be in the big dance now".