Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

plain and simple

Started by Hoggy1, December 22, 2007, 04:53:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoggy1

worst officiated college basketball game i have ever seen.
You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

razorbackfan4life

I didn't think it was that bad... There's should be no excuses for how bad we played today

Hoggy1

Quote from: razorbackfan4life on December 22, 2007, 04:55:30 pm
I didn't think it was that bad... There's should be no excuses for how bad we played today

FT's.

Smoking Pork

We're just a poorly coached team.

jschulte

Quote from: razorbackfan4life on December 22, 2007, 04:55:30 pm
You A) don't know basketball or B) didn't watch the game

We played awful, but we still should have won it if they would have made good calls

ekyle1

FREE THROWS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jschulte

Quote from: Smoking Pork on December 22, 2007, 05:12:31 pm

Regardless, he was our 7th choice and I still think he is better than stan

ICEman

PelMel has to get his own 'coachable' players into the mix before we become a decent basketball team.  It is implausible that we would get beat 'at home' by a 4 and 5 lower level D1 team.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

mbgrulz

Quote from: Smoking Pork on December 22, 2007, 05:12:31 pm
that's not even close to being true. This is a bunch of players that have shown, over a career, that they will find ways to lose.

i can't wait till we get some players who can shoot and will compete.

heckuva job by marcus britt today. great hustle.

Topcat

This team was a bunch of losers before Pelphrey got here and a different coach in their senior year wasn't going to change that. Weems, Washington and Townes were all terrible. Same old inconsistant mess we've watched since this senior class has been here. I'm so ready for some different faces. 

BryantHog06

The University of Arkansas shouldn't have to depend on officiating to beat a team like App. State...this was just plain pitiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  We can't shoot the basketball, our perimeter defense is terrible, and our big men aren't strong at all!

MF

They missed three shots and made 10/10 FTs in the second half.  They shot something like 67% for the entire game.  They had a helluva day, but I don't think this should be any kind of indicator of our team other than maybe we overlooked them and they came in "hot".

In basketball, it really doesn't matter how you play in December.  It's how you play in February and March.

Oh...and I think we got shafted on several calls especially when it wasn't getting physical and bodies were flying around late in the second half.
"Public sentiment is everything. With public sentiment, nothing can fail; without it nothing can succeed." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Hoggy1

Quote from: Tomhog™ on December 22, 2007, 05:26:27 pm
I have to add that if you think it's poor coaching, you don't know the first thing about coaching.

AMEN

kuhog

Only losers blame a loss on the officials. It may have been bad officiating, but I saw bad calls from both sides of the court. It wasn't one sided at all.

jschulte

Quote from: mbgrulz on December 22, 2007, 05:16:15 pm

heckuva job by marcus britt today. great hustle.

Man, he almost saved us on a number of occasions!  His defense is phenomenal. Could be more confident on offense 

Topcat

Townes was constantly schooled by Minter today. The guy made lay ups the whole game off the same move. If Pelphrey plays Townes very much we had better learn to double down to give him help because his defense is terrible.

jschulte

Quote from: kuhog on December 22, 2007, 05:29:04 pm
Only losers blame a loss on the officials. It may have been bad officiating, but I saw bad calls from both sides of the court. It wasn't one sided at all.

two wrongs don't make a right.  They were terrible.

Hoggy1

Quote from: kuhog on December 22, 2007, 05:29:04 pm

Well call me a loser all you want, I'm just stating facts....and if that game wasn't one sided then I don't know what is.

Oliver

Quote from: GiveEmHellPel on December 22, 2007, 04:53:02 pm
worst officiated college Razorback basketball game i have ever seen.

arklahoman36

Quote from: GiveEmHellPel on December 22, 2007, 05:31:13 pm
Well call me a loser all you want, I'm just stating facts....and if that game wasn't one sided then I don't know what is.

Every loss Arkansas has is caused by poor officiating. They don't need the right players, just the right refs -- I see it all now.

Pigzwillfly

We need a PG that knows his role and doesn't try to be the superstar he isn't...

Hoggy1

Quote from: arklahoman36 on December 22, 2007, 05:32:32 pm
Every loss Arkansas has is caused by poor officiating. They don't need the right players, just the right refs -- I see it all now.

and the fact maybe we were 3-11 from 3 and 14-25 from the line smart a$$.

arklahoman36

This is rough, it's the lede from the AP article on the game:

"Even in its home state, Arkansas can't win on the road."

bcdeputy

We've been in the SEC for how long now?  You guys should all know by now that in almost every game in the south the officials think it's their job to decide the outcome of the game.  They call so many little ticky-tack fouls in the SEC, it's pathetic! 

Waldron_Hog

"In basketball, it really doesn't matter how you play in December.  It's how you play in February and March."

MF, if you don't play well in December, you don't get a chance to play in March...