Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

bball game in N Little Rock

Started by arkjarhead, December 21, 2007, 06:49:36 am

Previous topic - Next topic

arkjarhead

I figured I'd hear whining about that than what I am. What's he difference in playing a bball home game in the Rock and a football game? Besides WMS.
Argument between me and the wife:
Her: I'm not talking about you I'm talking about tapeworms.
Me: No you're not. You're talking about me talking about tapeworms.
Score to date: Her:1,000,000       Me:1

jgphillips3

For starters, it is on Christmas break and the students won't be on campus anyway.  Second, there are 30+ games in a season generally and 1 game in 30 is just nothing to get your panties in a wad about.  Third, Alltel is a very nice arena with modern accomodations and they can sell alcohol (I believe Arkansas lets them do this, I know they do at all other sporting events).  Since many U of A students live in the Little Rock area, it is actually very convenient for them to go with their famiiles during the holidays.  These are some of the reasons you won't hear any fussing...well...except from the kind of people who would probably fuss about finding a thousand dollars lying on the ground if the money because it was covered in mud or something...

arkjarhead

I was really kind of joking around. I know to the type of people you are talking about that will complain regardless. I always tell my wife her dad would be mad at me even if a gave him a million dollars. He'd either be mad because I didn't give him 2 million or the fact that he had to pay taxes on it or something. Anyway that's off subject. I just kinda wanted to get a rise out of someone early in the morning.
Argument between me and the wife:
Her: I'm not talking about you I'm talking about tapeworms.
Me: No you're not. You're talking about me talking about tapeworms.
Score to date: Her:1,000,000       Me:1

HoginHouston

Since they moved the games to Alltell, we have never sold the game out for the Hogs. I grew up in central Ark. and always like having games there. But LR needs to get with it and sell this game out on Saturday. There is really no reason not to have a great atmosphere there.
Go Hogs Go.

booogaga

in basketball there are more games so it isnt as big of a deal to play one in the rock.
GO HOGS!

booogaga

plus you can raise the arguement that altell arena is just as nice as BWA at this point. and holds almost as many people. plus you can buy beer there.
GO HOGS!

cityhog

Quote from: booogaga on December 21, 2007, 12:56:25 pm
plus you can raise the arguement that altell arena is just as nice as BWA at this point. and holds almost as many people. plus you can buy beer there.

Yeah, it's a real pain to watch a sporting event w/o booze.   ::)

chiefsfan

Quote from: HoginHouston on December 21, 2007, 11:38:31 am
Since they moved the games to Alltell, we have never sold the game out for the Hogs. I grew up in central Ark. and always like having games there. But LR needs to get with it and sell this game out on Saturday. There is really no reason not to have a great atmosphere there.

Only way LR sells out is if better games come in.   you might get more people to watch us play Appy state in NLR then Fayetville, but it wont be a sell out

although ive heard that the lower bowl sold out already
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.