Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aggressive Weems scores season high in rout

Started by Tomhog™, December 20, 2007, 09:51:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomhog™

link

Weems said head coach John Pelphrey had been encouraging him to be more aggressive offensively and that advice paid big dividends. Weems'21 points eclipsed his previous seasonhigh of 16 scored against Virginia Commonwealth on Nov. 18 and again on Nov. 28 in a win over Missouri.

Weems shot 9 of 15 from the floor and 3 of 4 from the freethrow line.

" For whatever reason, he attacked the basket more tonight, " Arkansas coach John Pelphrey said. " Some of that stuff isn't teaching. It's just Sonny being Sonny. "

Tomhog™

Quote from: HogZ28 on December 20, 2007, 10:05:57 am
he needs to be like that more often.   this team would be dangerous if he would play like that most of the time....

Part of his problem is that aggression turns into fould problems early.  He plays with a different mentality when tagged with 2-3 early fouls.  Staying out of foul trouble is key!

Beaverfever

Quote from: Tomhog™ on December 20, 2007, 10:17:59 am
Part of his problem is that aggression turns into fould problems early.  He plays with a different mentality when tagged with 2-3 early fouls.  Staying out of foul trouble is key!
Just tell him to not sweat it.  Once he get's 4 worry.  I hate when guys get 2 early fouls and don't play for the rest of the half and then have 2 fouls at the end of the game.  If you foul out, you foul out, bring someone else in.  We'll just go 3 guard.  Not the end of the world.

softserve

Weems actually made last night's game fun to be at.  He had a couple of GREAT dunks.  I hope he continues to bring the ruckus.
Don't sweat the petty stuff, pet the sweaty stuff.

spudhog

weems is a dynamic player that can really make a good name for himself this season. when he plays smart and under control, he is very exciting to watch.

razorbackfan4life

I'm still suspect about his three point shot... if you cant make them...DONT TAKE THEM...

Inside the three point line he's good though.. 

Breems

Yea Sonny had some a nice tomahawk and two nice oops.

I'd just like to see him drive in traffic and dunk like he probably could.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />