Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What is Raycom?

Started by hogwild32, December 19, 2007, 07:59:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogwild32

I was looking over the basketball schedule and noticed 5-6 games that will be televised by Raycom.  Is that the new Lincoln Financial?  If not, what channel is that in Central Arkansas?
Thanks

elkhog

I believe it is the new Lincoln Financial.
GO HOGS!!!

Zero Tolerance

Which was the original JP (Jefferson Pilot) Sports.
Ironically, old-timers may remember Raycom as the syndicated network that showed Southwest Conference football and basketball games. Dave Rowe used to be the color analyst on the football broadcasts and notable Raycom play-by-play men included Merle Harmon and Frank Fallon (also Baylor's legendary play-by-play man who also did the PA at the Final Four every year).
Jeff Long + John Pelphrey + Bobby Petrino = The dawning of a glorious new era in Arkansas sports

booogaga

interesting. so did raycom buy lincoln F out?
GO HOGS!

cityhog

Quote from: Zero Tolerance on December 20, 2007, 12:50:24 am
Which was the original JP (Jefferson Pilot) Sports.
Ironically, old-timers may remember Raycom as the syndicated network that showed Southwest Conference football and basketball games. Dave Rowe used to be the color analyst on the football broadcasts and notable Raycom play-by-play men included Merle Harmon and Frank Fallon (also Baylor's legendary play-by-play man who also did the PA at the Final Four every year).

Wow!  What's old is new again.  I remember when we left the SWC all the talk was how awsome it would be to finally be rid of those ghetto Raycom broadcasts.  Oh well.

Hogtropolis™

I was about to start a thread asking this same thing, but all my questions have already been answered.  Good job guys!