Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

tonight on espn Full Court

Started by VirginiaHog, December 19, 2007, 02:42:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

VirginiaHog

Does anyone know for sure if tonights game will be aired. It is on the schedule I have but so was UTSA.

IMAballHawg

Dunno for sure but the schedule I printed off Hogwired a few weeks ago has it listed as a ARSN game only.
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/tkseib/texastoiletlarge.jpg<br /><br />Welcome to a new dawn in Razorback Athletics!

TRUHOG718

Quote from: VirginiaHog on December 19, 2007, 02:42:47 pm
Does anyone know for sure if tonights game will be aired. It is on the schedule I have but so was UTSA.
doubt it. Im pissed I ordered ESPN HALF COURT TRAP!
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

DrumheadAR

it's still on hogwired as an ARSN game.

The Coletrain

I just talked to a representative at ESPN and he said the game is not being blacked out and it is scheduled to play on ESPN Full Court.  Therefore, I am left to believe it is something with the local cable provider or something involving the arkansas athletic department.  I am on hold right now with Insight.
Razorbacks, Cardinals, and Cowboys!!  A 30+ year addiction.

Gohawgs71

Makes no sense that my cable operator, COX would black the game out.  As a matter of fact, Cox told me it is purely an ESPN issue and that makes sense since Cox couldn't care less.  Rest assured for those of us who do not live in Arkansas/ARSN, the game will on as it is not listed on my preview guide.  We have been duped by the ESPN Full Court trap with these bogus notations on the Razorback schedule.   

ColumbianHog

Quote from: Gohawgs71 on December 19, 2007, 05:15:15 pm
Makes no sense that my cable operator, COX would black the game out.  As a matter of fact, Cox told me it is purely an ESPN issue and that makes sense since Cox couldn't care less.  Rest assured for those of us who do not live in Arkansas/ARSN, the game will on as it is not listed on my preview guide.  We have been duped by the ESPN Full Court trap with these bogus notations on the Razorback schedule.  

I know.  What gives?  I live in Maryland and have verizon FIOS. I ordered ESPN Full Court because of all the Hog games listed but I think I've only been able to get ONE since the season started.  The UTSA game wasn't shown and tonights game isn't showing on the preview guide.  This sucks.

Gohawgs71

I think this maybe an ARSN issue. I wrote them an e-mail and left a VM....DO THE SAME  501-324-7479 everyone.  Maybe we can make adiffernce and get the APP ST game Sat as well as Baylor

it maybe ARSN as I saw the Missouri game, however, that was the Missouri broacasting crew

Razorback Ranger

My e-mail to DIRECTV - I'll post the response when I get it.

Hello,

I was wondering why the games advertised by ESPN as being on ESPN full court are not being shown by DIRECTV.

I purchased this package specifically in order to watch Arkansas Basketball games and this is the second week in a row that it is not showing even though it is on the ESPN schedule.

There are 6 or 7 more games scheduled to be shown by ESPN Full Court. Are these going to be broadcast by DIRECTV?

Thank You,

fortcityhog

ARSN = Cox Channel 12 ? anybody know?

bythelake

Sorry guys, I have Direct TV and always call to order a game if available.  I end up talking to reps that seem aggrivated that I called.  The conversation normally ends up with me saying something that includes *&*))+ you.  And I'm normally a pretty calm guy unless it involves seeing the Razorbacks on tv. 

rpettig

elkhog

Well Dish is having issues right now, because the local channel is not showing up.  Now it is playing on my reg. tv on the rabbit ears but not on Dish!
GO HOGS!!!

The Coletrain

I'm beginning to believe this is either a ARSN directive or one specifically from the Ark athletic dept forcing viewers to pay for RazorZone or buy tickets.  I have talked to reps from ESPN and now twice to my local cable provider (I live in Louisville, KY).  My cable company can't figure out why they are not able to televise the games as they don't appear to be blacked out.  And ESPN told me today that the game was definitely going to be aired tonight.  This has to be something dealing with the contract between ARSN and the athletic dept.  Don't know if we'll get anywhere arguing it with ARSN, but it's definitely frustrating for the out-of-stater viewers!!   

elkhog

Quote from: The Coletrain on December 19, 2007, 08:40:08 pm
I'm beginning to believe this is either a ARSN directive or one specifically from the Ark athletic dept forcing viewers to pay for RazorZone or buy tickets.  I have talked to reps from ESPN and now twice to my local cable provider (I live in Louisville, KY).  My cable company can't figure out why they are not able to televise the games as they don't appear to be blacked out.  And ESPN told me today that the game was definitely going to be aired tonight.  This has to be something dealing with the contract between ARSN and the athletic dept.  Don't know if we'll get anywhere arguing it with ARSN, but it's definitely frustrating for the out-of-stater viewers!!   

Can't be that because I'm watching it locally on regular antenna.  Now my Dish provider is having issues with ALL the local channels tonight.  NONE are viewable.  It's got to be a satellite problem.
GO HOGS!!!

elkhog

Quote from: Gohawgs71 on December 19, 2007, 09:11:46 pm
Don't distract us out of staters with this local channel stuff. It's a systemic issue with ALL cable providers. Cox,Direct TV,Dish ,etc...out of state

This is almost certainly an ARSN issue.  Everyone please call them tommrrow this is bullcrap.....501-324-7562

Are you serious?  Why are the CBS, ABC and others not viewable right now then?
GO HOGS!!!

ColumbianHog

Quote from: elkhog on December 19, 2007, 09:15:40 pm

I also believe it is an issue with ARSN.

I live in Maryland and have ordered Full Court.

The UTSA game broadcast by ARSN was supposed to be shown according to ESPN but it wasn't.
Same deal tonight with the NWSU game.
However, I did get the Missouri game but it was from the Mizzou broadcasters.

I believe it is an ARSN issue or something related to ARSN.

TRUHOG718

Listen...  I want my money back..   
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

boilerhog

You can thank Paw-Paw & ARSN for this.  As a razorback-expat, I stopped buying ESPN FC because it's a joke for Hog fans, except for SEC or road games.  Maybe JLong will bring our athletic department into this decade.  I've always wondered what an out-of-state recruit is supposed to think when he can't see the Hogs play, but somewhere like Iowa State has every freakin' game on. 

The Coletrain

Quote from: boilerhog on December 19, 2007, 09:51:40 pm
You can thank Paw-Paw & ARSN for this.  As a razorback-expat, I stopped buying ESPN FC because it's a joke for Hog fans, except for SEC or road games.  Maybe JLong will bring our athletic department into this decade.  I've always wondered what an out-of-state recruit is supposed to think when he can't see the Hogs play, but somewhere like Iowa State has every freakin' game on. 

Easy, grasshopper.  My old college basketball coach is now the head coach at Iowa State (Greg McDermott).  That was my secondary reason for purchasing the full court pass this year.   ;)

But you're right . . . I've seen a lot more Cyclones game this year than Hog games.  And with ISU currently in a rebuilding phase, that's not necessarily a good thing.  I joke.  But being an out-of-state Razorback fan, it is very frustrating to be teased with the game advertised to be on ESPN only to be denied by your own athletic department.   >:( 

Gohawgs71

Quote from: boilerhog on December 19, 2007, 09:51:40 pm

who is paw-paw?

The Coletrain

slopinhogs

it really wasn't a good scrimmage game. Hogs turned it overs too many times. still won big though. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

SteveInArk

This is likely a problem only until league play starts.  Then, without FC, we'd miss a lot of Ark games.   

Still, last week I had to quickly hook up my off-the-air (OTA) antenna here (NW Ark) to get games, since my DirecTV/FC didn't have them.   I don't have Cox cable (in the sticks), so Fox 24 not an option that way.

FYI:  For those in this area, KNWA-DT (Rogers/Fayetteville) carries Fox 24 on their secondary tranmission, so you get ARSN stuff from their high-power digitial transmitter via OTA.

Channel:
51-1    KNWA-DT   (NBC)
51-2    (Ch 24)      (FOX)

Hope that helps any of you in NW Ark (without cable), for the ARSN-only games
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

PeytonManningSUCKS

Quote from: elkhog on December 19, 2007, 09:15:40 pm

The problem is with the Full Court ESPN package, if you aren't paying for this sports package we are talking about two different topics.  ARSN is not giving the feed to the ESPN basketball package for some reason even though the games are on the schedule to be shown.

IMAballHawg

Quote from: SteveInArk on December 19, 2007, 10:41:20 pm
This is likely a problem only until league play starts.  Then, without FC, we'd miss a lot of Ark games.  

Still, last week I had to quickly hook up my off-the-air (OTA) antenna here (NW Ark) to get games, since my DirecTV/FC didn't have them.   I don't have Cox cable (in the sticks), so Fox 24 not an option that way.

FYI:  For those in this area, KNWA-DT (Rogers/Fayetteville) carries Fox 24 on their secondary tranmission, so you get ARSN stuff from their high-power digitial transmitter via OTA.

Channel:
51-1    KNWA-DT   (NBC)
51-2    (Ch 24)      (FOX)

Hope that helps any of you in NW Ark (without cable), for the ARSN-only games

Not really.  According to the schedule that I have, Arkansas's SEC  BB games will be broadcast 14 times by LFS/FSN/ESPN and CBS.   
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/tkseib/texastoiletlarge.jpg<br /><br />Welcome to a new dawn in Razorback Athletics!

jules12

Did anyone call ARSN?  If so what did they say about the ESPN Full Court "blackout"?

Cajun Hog

It is not a ARSN issue, if you want to believe ESPN, I have some swamp land for you.

Gohawgs71

Quote from: Triple P on December 20, 2007, 11:32:20 pm
It is not a ARSN issue, if you want to believe ESPN, I have some swamp land for you.

It is an ARSN you goof. Nothing in it for ESPN to say they're going to then pull out ONLY THE ARSN GAMES.  ARSN is a greedy bunch of bastards