Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UALR is 9-1... will play Dana Altman on Saturday

Started by mathhog, December 19, 2007, 02:02:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mathhog

December 19, 2007, 02:02:53 am Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 11:06:46 pm by mathhog
good job for the overlooked trojans!!  good job for coach steve, and assistant coach big joe !

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/recap?gameId=273522031

http://kenpom.com/sked.php?y=2008&team=Arkansas%20Little%20Rock&t=p

HawgG

December 19, 2007, 05:28:38 am #1 Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 05:32:11 am by HawgG
Steve Shields is someone I like as he seems to be a good man and I think a pretty decent HC.

Hope he does well this season as it is not easy to win at UALR.

TorsinAHog

To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

Modsquad24

I'm afraid when said and done S. Alabama will be taking that Sun belt bid

Hogginitall

I just hope UALR kicks the crap out of Creighton.  I do not like Altman one bit.  He is a booger eater.

booogaga

GO HOGS!

DeltaBoy

The Trojans have not been really good since Mike Newell left.  But I think Steve got them on track to make a little noise once again.
Deltaboy UALR Grad Class of 1991. Go Trojans
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

tolerati

I am definately for UALR beating CReighton... Steve Shields has done a great job! UALR is a tough place to recruit to...hopefully the Trojans can get more support from the Central Arkansas community. But I am a Hog fan first and foremost!
"Show me a quarterback who isn't cocky, and I'll show you a quarterback who isn't worth a damn." - Darrell Royal

DrumheadAR

Quote from: Hogginitall on December 19, 2007, 10:12:58 am
I just hope UALR kicks the crap out of Creighton.  I do not like Altman one bit.  He is a booger eater.

great... now all of the booger eaters on the board are gonna be offended.

40MINSOFHELL

i hope Altman gets hit in the head with the basketball after a bad pass lol

fortcityhog

i think every razorback fan is a UALR fan as well sat!

hview

Do you need Joe made a difference coming on as an assistant?

tulsadst

Go TROJANS!!!!   Show Altman that Arkansas HAS NOT FORGOTTEN!

WPS...   :razorback:

Zero Tolerance

Quote from: HawgG on December 19, 2007, 05:28:38 am
Steve Shields is someone I like as he seems to be a good man and I think a pretty decent HC.

Hope he does well this season as it is not easy to win at UALR.
I met Steve Shields when I was working in Texas and he was coaching down there. Agreed, he's a great guy and I'm glad he's got the opportunity to be a Div. I head coach. I hope he has a great run at UALR and yes, I hope he beats Creighton as well.
Jeff Long + John Pelphrey + Bobby Petrino = The dawning of a glorious new era in Arkansas sports

MICHAELSPAPPY

Coach Shields is definitely a class act. He has this team playing hard-nosed defense and unselfish offense. When is the last time you saw a team with a 9-1 record without a single player averaging double figures?

Bama Hog™

Quote from: SILK PURSE on October 03, 2008, 09:34:24 am
MM and DW are to be lauded as Arkansas sports heroes for their overall contribution, not just on the playing field during one season, but also for the sacrifices that they made which ensured the dismantling of the Frank Broyles machine. 

arkyman

December 21, 2007, 03:44:46 pm #16 Last Edit: December 21, 2007, 03:47:38 pm by arkyman
I wouldn't say UALR is tough to recruit to.  For its size, has one of the finest arenas in the nation (seats about 6,000) -- complete with practice court and suites (flatscreens in each).  It's awesome. And the school is growing at a pretty good pace too -- construction everywhere.

And they're starting to get some stud recruits, this past class and the one coming up are solid.