Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is anyone else sick of the "old style hog" on BWA midcourt?

Started by IronMountainHog, December 12, 2007, 09:12:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

IronMountainHog

I personally think they need to retire the old hog.They need to get out the belt sanders and remove it so we can put the new style hawg on it.BWA needs some new excitement and this would be a start.

010HogFan

I was actually looking at it thinking how good it looked a few minutes ago..

but thats jmo.

IronHog

Quote from: IronMountainHog on December 12, 2007, 09:12:03 pm
I personally think they need to retire the old hog.They need to get out the belt sanders and remove it so we can put the new style hawg on it.BWA needs some new excitement and this would be a start.

They can send that dogbone BS Hog logo AND the jumbotron to Ole Miss with Nutt for all I care.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Prince of Pork

old hog looked pretty good all over sportscenter last night at the presser!
*CUBS '05*   "THIS IS OUR YEAR"-make that 06-make that 07-make that 08-make that 09

Hog inAustin

The slobbering hog is okay...the helmet hog, however, is the "real deal".  Dump that dogbone hog and the rhino hog...what idiot came up with those?

Green_Lanternn

Nothing wrong with the Old Hog.. It's classic cool.

WordToYourLlama

No way, that is a terrific version of the Hog.

The best.

SigHog87

Cletus

December 12, 2007, 09:19:48 pm #10 Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 09:22:24 pm by The_Right_Reverend_Hawg
Call me crazy, but I like the older style hog. I'm sick of almost every article of  Razorback clothing being OU maroon instead of Razorback red. >:(
See, what had happened was........

football-writer

Keep the old style Hog...will still relish all of the historical 3-pointers from the tusk and the snout
Bobby Petrino...putting fear into opposing SEC coaches one recruit at a time

AnthroHog

I've always liked it and hope we have a Hog Logo at midfield next year for football.

JusPiggin

its perfect  leave it alone and please dont get no one to fly banners around town to get rid of it
its the best looking basketball court in the world  with the slobbering hog

Big Hawg 21

You don't mess with perfection.

The Marmot

HELL NO!!!! The old Hog designs are much better. The new one looks generic.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

leftymgp

Ouachihog

This is a tough one.  The traditionalists love the Ole slobbering Hog. 

I happen to agree with you IronMountainHog, I think it is time to bring it in to the 21st century.  We need a helmet Hog on the BWA floor.  We've needed one at midfield of RRS for years though. 

I know it is still there "b/c it has been that way for so long" but every SEC team that I have seen has revised their midcourt logo in the last 5-10 years.  We are the only SEC team without a logo at midfield of our football field, so our bball court mind as well be outdated as well.

Just my opinion...I know many wouldn't change it for anything. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

IronMountainHog

I have a old school picture from 1979 with a t-shirt that the old skinny hog on it and it looks kind of lame now.Most of those mascots back in the 70's were hand drawn. The hog on the helmets are computer generated and look so much more intimidating.I thought the hog banner at last nights press conference is the best and it should be the one on the court.

agr347

I love the old hog!  First bb game I ever saw was the year they opened BWA when President Clinton was there!
"Just remember, its not a lie if you believe it." -George Costanza

Zero Tolerance

Quote from: The_Right_Reverend_Hawg on December 12, 2007, 09:19:48 pm
Call me crazy, but I like the older style hog. I'm sick of almost every article of  Razorback clothing being OU maroon instead of Razorback red. >:(
Actually, OU wears crimson, not maroon. That's Texas A&M's colors.
And I've always loved the "old style hog" at midcourt. That goes way back to the Eddie and Nolan golden years, as well as the glory days at Barnhill. They should never change that.
p.s. I don't like the newer Razorback logos myself. I wish the main logo remained the hog jumping through the "A."
Jeff Long + John Pelphrey + Bobby Petrino = The dawning of a glorious new era in Arkansas sports

SpiritHog

Non Illegitimus Carborundum

tbailey

ncrebel

YES!!!!  Replace it with Helmet Hog!!!!!!  I hate cartoon slobbering hog.
Well, y'all need me, I'll be putting pictures of my arse on the internet.

taintlint

NOTHING WILL EVER BE A BIGGER DISGRACE THAN THE DOG BONE RAZORBACK LOGO

It's cliche', gay, cheap, and cheesy.

Slacker

taintlint

Quote from: taintlint on December 12, 2007, 09:27:49 pm

I agree with me

pimpndistress

I would like to see the A with the hog  I think that would be cool
:razorback:  FIRE JEFF LONG :razorback:
SMITE ME IF YOU LOVE  JEFF LONG [move]

_Collin1

hey while were at it, why dont we get a Root Hog chant going....

F'tard.  Keep the logo.  My Grandpa celebrates that old logo and my Grandkids will too.
Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

ark30inf

NO!!!!!! Thats the real Hog.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Leave the damn hog alone I have fond memories of Alex shooting from the snout.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Ouachihog

Quote from: taintlint on December 12, 2007, 09:27:49 pm

Nobody wants the dog bone logo.  This is the one that some want...

"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

alohawg

"It's difficult to get a man to understand something when his salary depends on not understanding it."
-Upton Sinclair

"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
― J. Krishnamurti

⚠️ Sensitive Content! ⚠️
https://t.me/covidbc

IronMountainHog

It is the same logo that was on Barnhill's court so everyone is nostalgic about it. I would be happy with the outline of our state at midcourt with a small hog over the nw corner or directly in the middle. The slobbering hog does not look like how I would picture a ferocious hog.It looks cartoonish IMO.

taintlint

Quote from: Ouachihog on December 12, 2007, 09:29:56 pm

I know.

I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents about the BS dog bone logo

IronMountainHog

Hogginitall

Quote from: Ouachihog on December 12, 2007, 09:29:56 pm

I think this would look the best on the court.  I also think one needs to be in the middle of the football field!

football-writer

Bobby Petrino...putting fear into opposing SEC coaches one recruit at a time

dbarty

Cletus

See, what had happened was........

Buff

I like the old style hog.  The new style, along with the "dogbone" are disgraces and should be erased from the program.  I'd rather keep the old hog on the court for the nostalgia.

TransAmHawg

Quote from: SPIRITHOG on December 12, 2007, 09:26:22 pm
Who cares?
Everybody but you.

LEAVE THAT HOG ALONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now at mid field? Put the newer version or some mean nasty Hog there.One that would be instantly know Nation wide. 
At War Memorial put Miss Piggy in red overalls and a waste management hard hat. IMHO
It'll Shine When it Shines

Ol Frank has finally $h!t in his own lunch box!!!

"I hope they all keep smiling and taking the arse pounding that we are dishing out..
  It's their choice to bite the pillow or look over their shoulder lovingly.
  Either way we're on top..!"   
                             4windshawg

jforte

Quote from: Buffinator:  Reloaded on December 12, 2007, 09:34:29 pm
I like the old style hog.  The new style, along with the "dogbone" are disgraces and should be erased from the program.  I'd rather keep the old hog on the court for the nostalgia.

Very Good Buff...I agree  +1...The design group that did the logo are the Phoenix group out of arizona...they also did Alabama's logo and several other universities logos.......I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE OUR OWN DESIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pimpndistress

:razorback:  FIRE JEFF LONG :razorback:
SMITE ME IF YOU LOVE  JEFF LONG [move]

SigHog87

Quote from: Ouachihog on December 12, 2007, 09:22:48 pm

I know it is still there "b/c it has been that way for so long" but every SEC team that I have seen has revised their midcourt logo in the last 5-10 years.  We are the only SEC team without a logo at midfield of our football field, so our bball court mind as well be outdated as well.

lol look at the man who's been here for the past 50 years, tell him thanks for that

East Clintwood

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

IronMountainHog

What does some ignorant Dave Bazzell cheer have to do with opinions if the hog needs to be changed or not.Who cares what Grandpa thinks no one asked him.F'tard.
Quote from: BigC51 on December 12, 2007, 09:29:23 pm
hey while were at it, why dont we get a Root Hog chant going....

F'tard.  Keep the logo.  My Grandpa celebrates that old logo and my Grandkids will too.