Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Muschamp Video

Started by lespaulHog, December 11, 2007, 11:30:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgTide

Quote from: jimmiekersh on December 11, 2007, 01:10:41 pm
I for one would stand up in public and call for his immediate termination if he were hired.  I would go to every Christian organization in this state and show that clip.  I would go to every forum I could find and show that clip.  This kind of behavior is unacceptable.
I hope this is sarcasm.If this isn't, you are one scary guy.

dsewell70

Quote from: jimmiekersh on December 11, 2007, 01:10:41 pm
I for one would stand up in public and call for his immediate termination if he were hired.  I would go to every Christian organization in this state and show that clip.  I would go to every forum I could find and show that clip.  This kind of behavior is unacceptable.

So you would go all over the place showing lots of people something in cursing with it in order to make a point there shouldn't be cursing? You'll probably expose more people to the cursing with your plan than he would by his own actions

EastexHawg

December 11, 2007, 02:31:37 pm #102 Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 04:16:33 pm by EastexHawg
Quote from: prairiehogcompanion on December 11, 2007, 11:54:02 am
Let me tell you, Eddy: The kind of world where, in this state at least, mothers and fathers will think twice about commiting their sons to guys who don't exhibit control over their conduct in public, and who will have a big character strike against them in the recruiting process.

If you don't think that's our reality, like it or not, then you must be living somewhere else far, far away.

You know, if more mommies and daddies these days would let their little (15-18 year old) baby boys and girls experience disappointment, defeat, and not always getting their way...

We might not have a lot of the problems we have have today.

My coaches...EVERY ONE OF THEM...screamed at every player on the team, including me.  They yelled obscenities and called me every name in the book.  And guess what...in every case I can think of, I DESERVED IT. 

Did my dad ever go to the head coach, the principal, or the school board to complain that his little boy was getting his feelings hurt, or that my self esteem might be damaged?  No, he didn't.  And do you know why?  Because I didn't go home and whine about it.

I would have rather taken a beating than be looked at as a candy ass by my teammates because my daddy complained about mean ol' coach yelling obscenities.

Sheesh.  Enough of the rescue mommy and overprotective daddy crap.  What's next...writing the Secretary of Defense, or the President, because you are concerned about drill sergeants cussing at soldiers in boot camp?

It's called, among other things, learning discipline and BEING A MAN.

HogInThaGrove

I am a coach.  I do not cuss at my players.  Young men and women need to learn how to talk without obsenities.  Trust me, I get my point across saying nothing just as well as someone who cusses their players out.  If you treat these young men and women with respect and teach them that there's something outside Football or whatever, they will quickly understand that they cannot just go and scream obsenities when upset or excited.  Just because it was done to you doesn't mean it was right.  And it was done to me as well, but that's not the way I want the young people in my charge to speak, so I will not be that example for them.  I'm not better than anybody, I do not pass judgement, I just prefer to coach this way.  I get maximum effort without cussing.  Oh well, it's a tough argument.  Have a good day.

ad22001

I agree with the original post.  Not exactly a guy you would want in a recruits house trying to explain to his momma why the only way he can communicate excitement is "BOOM M'FERS".  He is not the example that parents would feel good about sending their son to be with the next four years.  Before you say it Dale wasn't either.

Bacon The Saddle Again

Quote from: HogInThaGrove on December 11, 2007, 04:11:22 pm
I am a coach.  I do not cuss at my players.  Young men and women need to learn how to talk without obsenities.  Trust me, I get my point across saying nothing just as well as someone who cusses their players out.  If you treat these young men and women with respect and teach them that there's something outside Football or whatever, they will quickly understand that they cannot just go and scream obsenities when upset or excited.  Just because it was done to you doesn't mean it was right.  And it was done to me as well, but that's not the way I want the young people in my charge to speak, so I will not be that example for them.  I'm not better than anybody, I do not pass judgement, I just prefer to coach this way.  I get maximum effort without cussing.  Oh well, it's a tough argument.  Have a good day.

And that's your style and that's fine.  I don't have a problem with coaches that don't cuss. If Gus doesn't cuss, that's great.  I commend him for it. Tony Dungy doesn't cuss.  I commend him for it.  But I won't throw down a litmus test of "no cursing" for a coach.  That would narrow our list of possible candidates considerably. 

And then of course, you get into how much is too much, and how many cuss words is a five minute span is too many and so on and so forth.

borz

Quote from: SuthrnFballer15 on December 11, 2007, 12:19:28 pm
OR - Boom! Hire GUS; you know that he's the only one that can lead us to salvation MOTH#*$%!

+1

H-O-double g

Quote from: lespaulHog on December 11, 2007, 11:30:28 am
I saw the You Tube video. I know I'm going to get dumped on for saying this but I'm going to say it anyway. I can not support a coach that screams out that kind of trash at his players. I know most all of the coaches do it ( BUT NOT GUS!). It's not needed. The fact that everybody wants him because of the video says a lot about the society we live in. He will be representing the U of A and the state. We need integrity not obsenity.
   Go ahead and tell me I'm wrong and old shool. That's fine.

He gets it from Tuberville. Tuberville's last year at Ole Miss when they were playing in Fayetteville, I saw Tuberville get in one of his defensive coaches face twice and chew him out while pointing his finger in his face. I thought that was pretty sorry to do. I guess that's how the Tuberville Mafia rolls?   

Bacon The Saddle Again

Quote from: H-O-double g on December 11, 2007, 04:30:17 pm
He gets it from Tuberville. Tuberville's last year at Ole Miss when they were playing in Fayetteville, I saw Tuberville get in one of his defensive coaches face twice and chew him out while pointing his finger in his face. I thought that was pretty sorry to do. I guess that's how the Tuberville Mafia rolls?  

I thought we wanted accountability on the coaching staff?  I bet many folks would have loved for Houston to bust up in Shibest's face like that.

hogfan2216

It seems you never played a down of football or any sport. Grow a pair and quit your cryn because your not getting getting Gus. It's Football man not Red Rover!

El Puerco

Quote from: Wild Bill Hog on December 11, 2007, 11:33:56 am
Had you just typed "Hire Gus", it would have been quicker.

Bingo.

Along with everything else, we've now got fans that don't want a coach hired because of naughty words.  Every coach on those sidelines is cussing their azzes off...it's just a matter of if they catch it in the production van.

And the "I've played a lot of football, buddy" guy....I really doubt it.  In practice, coaches will scream, cuss, whack you in the head with their whistle, and grab your facemask and jerk you around like a rag-doll.  Remember when Lou Holtz ran out onto the field in the middle of a game and grabbed that player and yanked him off?  That was on TV.  You can multiply that by a factor of 4 during practice.

If the "f-word" is too much for you, I would direct your attention to badminton (but they are known to cuss as well....so...sorry.)

I like Muschamp.

arcowboy

Cussing or no cussing , it is sad that it is on the video.  Sometimes you say things that you must suffer for later. This is one of those things, it doesn't make me any difference, but in Arkansas and with the make of the area he is not going to be accepted very well.   It will haunt him.  If it is true that White has nixed the deal after seeing the video himself , then I can very well understand why.

PLAYBOAR

Quote from: arcowboy on December 11, 2007, 04:36:56 pm
  If it is true that White has nixed the deal after seeing the video himself , then I can very well understand why.

I'm going to be pretty upset if White takes it upon his holy self to nix the deal because of the video.

I still don't understand why he's so involved in athletic decisions...
Hey Ref, does your wife know you're screwing us?

BrooklynRoss

I don't get it. I think I've been called a MFer by at least half a dozen jr. high and high school coaches in Arkansas for various offences, some not even taking place on the field. I didn't really take it personal, I just thought that's how they got my attention.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

EastexHawg

Quote from: arcowboy on December 11, 2007, 04:36:56 pm
If it is true that White has nixed the deal after seeing the video himself , then I can very well understand why.

John White is a pointy headed intellectual type who has undoubtedly never set foot on a football field.  If he had...someone like Muschamp would have knocked him on his nerdy @*$...then probably cussed in front of him and hurt his poor little feelings.

This stuff is getting ridiculous.

El Puerco

I saw a video one time where George Bush, leader of the free world, used naughty words.....One time, I even saw him give the finger at a presser.  My god, My god....someone check and see if there is still time to impeach him.
This = dumbest thread ever.

Chief Mac

I saw the You Tube video. I know I'm going to get dumped on for saying this but I'm going to say it anyway. I can not support a coach that screams out that kind of trash at his players. I know most all of the coaches do it ( BUT NOT GUS!). It's not needed. The fact that everybody wants him because of the video says a lot about the society we live in. He will be representing the U of A and the state. We need integrity not obsenity.

Then you better not be celebrating if they hire Herring.  Good grief.   If you think that the most of these guys don't talk like that you are VERY niave.   Cussing HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HAVING/NOT HAVING INTEGRITY.   I cuss quite frequently.  Are you telling me that I have no integrity? 
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Chief Mac

Quote from: ad22001 on December 11, 2007, 04:22:07 pm
I agree with the original post.  Not exactly a guy you would want in a recruits house trying to explain to his momma why the only way he can communicate excitement is "BOOM M'FERS".  He is not the example that parents would feel good about sending their son to be with the next four years.  Before you say it Dale wasn't either.

for all you little girls that don't want a coach that cusses, you've just eliminated 99.99999% of coaches.

It's football ladies, not knitting class
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

El Puerco

Quote from: Bacon The Saddle Again on December 11, 2007, 04:31:35 pm
I thought we wanted accountability on the coaching staff?  I bet many folks would have loved for Houston to bust up in Shibest's face like that.

Neither of you have any idea what you are talking about or anything resembling close contact with D1 football (outside of sitting in the stands with a beer).  You're like the person who disagrees with hunting animals but stuffs their face with cheeseburgers daily.  You want to make an omelette, you gotta break a few eggs. Don't enjoy the product but then complain about the workmanship.
If you can find me a D1 staff that does not yell, kick, scream, and cuss, I will kiss my own azz.

Will Muschamp says:

..."we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the (he uses a metaphor for a kick azz defense here) then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a helmet and get out there."

bugops

I'm not excited about Muschamp.  I don't care if he occasionally calls someone an mf.  I appreciate his passion and excitement.  We need more of that, and a defensive coordinator certainly needs plenty of that.  My concern comes from a combination of the video and the article posted in one of the other Muschamp threads that seemed to produce an outpouring of support and excitement for the guy.

I wanted Nutt gone as much as the next guy, but I'm not real sure I want to replace him with someone who seems to be ruled by his passions.  In the article they talk about Muschamp's penchant for destroying white boards.  The players said that is just something you expect with Muschamp.  Passion, energy, and excitement are great, but keeping it under control and releasing it in appropriate ways is better. 

I don't know that I want that kind of guy as my head coach.  Defensive Coordinator, sure.  Head Coach, maybe not.

jspang727

Quote from: primetime21 on December 11, 2007, 11:35:19 am
As long as he doesn't constantly call the players "special" he is ok with me.  There are far worse things than foul language.

exactly. Hard hittin M***ER F**CKERS is much more better

I can see it now

Welcome to the Razor Rock

"enjoy you beat down...M****er F**kers!"

RT1941

All that cussin didn't seem to bother Tuberville or the Aub's...  It didn't seem to bother those LSU tigahs when they won the NC either. 
RazorTusk!!!!

Spider-Pig

People all making way to big of a deal out of this.

Can you at least come up with a better reason you don't want him to be the coach than his language ?

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: ad22001 on December 11, 2007, 04:22:07 pm

How long have you known Muschamp?

Flatline

Wake Up!!!   This is football.  This happens everywhere.  Herring is the worse of them all.  It is called emotion.  Most of the kids say worse on the field. 

Blue35

I cannot support a candidate with such a foul mouth.  I admire his enthusiasm and emotion on the sidelines but find his vocabulary offensive.  It is totally unnecessary to call players "mother f-ckers" and "get off your ass, you aint hurt" or something that sounds like that.  I have played the game and have had some very demanding coaches that could chew me out and make tears come to my eyes without using vulgar language.  I don't know what or where this young man Muschamp comes from but I don't think that he is ready to be the head coach of the Razorbacks.  We can do much better than that.

Chief Mac

December 11, 2007, 05:26:25 pm #126 Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 05:28:10 pm by GaRZRBCK
Quote from: Blue35 on December 11, 2007, 05:24:20 pm
I cannot support a candidate with such a foul mouth.  I admire his enthusiasm and emotion on the sidelines but find his vocabulary offensive.  It is totally unnecessary to call players "mother f-ckers" and "get off your ass, you aint hurt" or something that sounds like that.  I have played the game and have had some very demanding coaches that could chew me out and make tears come to my eyes without using vulgar language.  I don't know what or where this young man Muschamp comes from but I don't think that he is ready to be the head coach of the Razorbacks.  We can do much better than that.

Please...there are very few coaches that don't cuss like sailors.   Don't be so niave.  Herring has the same potty mouth that Muschamp does but nobody has been whining about that for the past three years.  I'll bet any amount of money that most of these people whining about potty mouths are Nutt lovers that want Herring to be hired.

BigOnes

To judge someone because of their choice of language on the sidelines of an intense football game is jumping the gun.  People who are worried about that are not serious about finding a good football coach.  If he said it in a press conference, it would be one thing.  Again, we are looking for a quality football coach, not someone to run cotillion.  I know if he showed me that much enthusiasm, I would want to play harder for him.

WPSFan

Quote from: prairiehogcompanion on December 11, 2007, 11:42:57 am
You must have flunked logic class.

Oh. That's a classy circumstantial ad hominem.
Work hard, be smart, and keep the peace. WPS!

El Puerco

Quote from: Blue35 on December 11, 2007, 05:24:20 pm

Who really cares what you find offensive?  I find ignorance and stupidity offensive (and I'm not looking at you when I say this) yet there isn't anybody out policing this.  If you like church and somehow "fudge" makes you feel better about yourself than "fuc*," then vaya con dios, amigo....I won't get in your way.  Take that into account when you make YOUR decision regarding the naughty words but sell that agenda elsewhere.  We're talking about football.
I hope we get this guy.
However, your withdrawal of support for Coach Muschamp is duly noted....fortunately, in this case, they don't give a darn what we think.