Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reaction to Muschamp

Started by HoginHouston, December 10, 2007, 11:58:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HoginHouston

There is no way to know anything for sure in these searches. But let's say that tomorrow Will Muschamp is announced as the new head Hog, I am curious to see what the initial reaction will be.

I'm giving you three options (of course, feel free to explain your reasoning).

1)Extremely happy

2)On the fence, taking a wait and see approach

3)Disappointed
Go Hogs Go.

Rooka

RhodeHog

2.  Personally, I can't be excited about any coach who is unproven as a head coach. 

HoginHouston

I should have said, my vote is 1: Extremely happy.
Go Hogs Go.

ark30inf

I will be happy that we got a decent candidate.  I will be waiting to see if he moves toward a CEO approach or is stuck with the DC emotional approach and if can actually recruit well.

gdude73

prairiehogcompanion

HawgWyld

I'm all for Will Muschamp. He's a damn sight better than what we had.

Mostly, I'll be glad when the coaching search is OVER.

The Hawg Marshal

I'll fully support him and be very excited.

BigNasty

1.5, but a 1 if the assistant coaching staff is good.

Wild Bill Hog

1.  Very happy.  My first choice was Petrino, but I never saw him coming here anyway.  Believe WM will do great.

arcowboy

Don't count your chickens too early.....

Shuga Town HEMI

Kilgor

Quote from: ark30inf on December 11, 2007, 12:00:54 am

I will be happy that we got a decent candidate.  I will be waiting to see if he moves toward a CEO approach or is stuck with the DC emotional approach and if can actually recruit well.

Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

davis01

Quote from: arcowboy on December 11, 2007, 12:04:30 am
Don't count your chickens too early.....
[/quote)
Chickens are tougher than you think

prairiehogcompanion

If it's him.......f***ing unbelievable!

irishman

though I agree with arcowboy, I'm not getting my hopes up

1) Hes the one I have wanted since the beginning

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

hognelson

Dr. J.

Quote from: prairiehogcompanion on December 11, 2007, 12:06:26 am
If it's him.......f***ing unbelievable!

Steve Sullivan began the sports news tonight on Channel 7 by mentioning that if Muschamp is the new coach, the first thing he should do was hire Tim Horton to his staff.  It was almost like Muschamp was going to be the coach.  He didn't mention any search or any other coach.  I think that was a pretty good indication he knows something but didn't feel like he could mention it, but subtly gave out the information.  It will be interesting to see, if Muschamp is hired, if Steve had some information today that he very sneakily leaked out. 

John_Samuel70

I'll be an optimistic 2.  I wasn't all that impressed watching him in that video acting like an imbecile.  But I have to admit he is credentialed enough that I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

sp84hogs

"When we add up all those inches, that's gonna make the ****** difference between winning and losing, between living and dying" - Al Pacino in Any Given Sunday

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over, yet expecting different results.

Hawg_Fan_in_TX

Agree with BigNasty - 1.5 for now and 1.0 if he gets a good staff

Orlandoback

3... this is an era of offense, I would like to see someone offensively advanced.  Even more so if we are going with the unproven route with coordinators. 

highlandhog

Wow look maw
Pee Paw and the boyz said that we can have what's left of the expired left overs. Woooohooo Let's celebrate slop, after all we are hogs.

hogsanity

Quote from: HawgWyld on December 11, 2007, 12:02:33 am

I'm all for Will Muschamp. He's a damn sight better than what we had.

Mostly, I'll be glad when the coaching search is OVER.

How do you KNOW he is a" a damn site better than what we had"?  Has he ever been a Hc of a d1 fb team?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

fchog

I personally feel that Will Mushchamp is one of the best up and coming coaches in the nation. I could get very excited about him. He is young, intense, and someone we could really build a top notch program around.

drewcohog

Razorbackmedic

870hogg

Quote from: hogsanity on December 11, 2007, 12:15:05 am
How do you KNOW he is a" a damn site better than what we had"?  Has he ever been a Hc of a d1 fb team?

that you John White?

Orlandoback

Quote from: 870hogg on December 11, 2007, 12:17:12 am
that you John White?

I think its a valid question, I am skeptical of a coordinator as well.  However, I think anything is better then what we had. 

WPSFan

Muschamp could very well be the next Orgeron.

Everything matches!
Work hard, be smart, and keep the peace. WPS!

Doug

I'm DEFINITELY down with Coach Muschamp... he's got CHAMP written into his name, dammit!  And I know he's "CHAMP"ing at the bit to get here...

40 minutes of Pelphrey, Fire and Brimstone...

60 minutes of Grid Iron Champ Ball...

that schit works for me!  ;D
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

joeyself

I'd be disappointed that we settled for him--seems like a panic move--but also willing to wait and see what he brings to the table.

JcS
"Real failure always starts with someone doing something stupid."  Anna Conroy in SLINGS AND ARROWS

brooks22

3 we have enough cheerleaders already

Wild Bill Hog

Quote from: Douglas on December 11, 2007, 12:22:43 am
I'm DEFINITELY down with Coach Muschamp... he's got CHAMP written into his name, dammit!  And I know he's "CHAMP"ing at the bit to get here...

40 minutes of Pelphrey, Fire and Brimstone...

60 minutes of Grid Iron Champ Ball...

that schit works for me!  ;D

Works for me too, as long as Pelphrey doesn't start getting emotional during Hog BB games.   ;)

WPSFan

Muschamp=Orgeron

sorry guys. Just another gorilla.

Get Venables.

SEE THE SIMILARITY?
Work hard, be smart, and keep the peace. WPS!

BassinHawg

1 because of what we had

and

3 because of what we could have had!
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

Demaghog

This guy is a natural coach: great motivator, great tactician.

WTH were we doing ****ing around with Grobe and Bowden?

This guy gets credit for coaching some of the most dominating defenses in the SEC the past few years.

I'm changing my mind.  Muschamp is #1, screw Petrino and Kiffin!

aar0n

1.  Hes from Arkansas.  Doesnt get much better than that.

Chief Mac

Quote from: HoginHouston on December 10, 2007, 11:58:58 pm
There is no way to know anything for sure in these searches. But let's say that tomorrow Will Muschamp is announced as the new head Hog, I am curious to see what the initial reaction will be.

I'm giving you three options (of course, feel free to explain your reasoning).

1)Extremely happy

2)On the fence, taking a wait and see approach

3)Disappointed

Would have LOVED to have Butch but Muschamp will be a outstanding head coach.  Hopefully we found our Bob Stoops
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

Pigdiana Jones

2. only because i don't really know anything about him at all.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

GusIsOmniscient

Muschamp has no CEO skills.

just breaking whiteboard skills. He just an Ogre-Orgeron.
Quote from: imahoggie on December 07, 2007, 09:54:55 pm
rome wasnt built in a day.....but it would have been if gus had been there to run the hurry-up

MDH

On the fence.

I'd rather have Ven, but I'll give the bane of dry erase boards a chance if he is hired.
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

HogMavFan

I think the motherf@#ker will be a good coach.

PORKER1

Get Muschamp and Gus on the same team, Muschamp being the head coach, and I see a winning combination.

Cavehog

3 all the way.  The guy makes one movie where he coaches soccer and we're supposed to hire him as our football coach?  I thought this was somekind of a joke but now I realize that some of you are being serious.  I mean the guy can barely act much less coach...

oh wait that was Will Farrell...
If you never streaked down Sorority Row, caught the Bud Man twice in one night, or threw a pitcher of beer under the table when ABC came into the Hog Trough . . . you're just a wannabe.

ArkieBrat

1.  Extremely happy

Let's get this show on the road!
My all time Razorback favs.....

1. 1969 Shootout (Longhorns 'n Hogs football)
2.  Great Alaska Shootout under Eddie Sutton
3.  Orange Bowl CLASSIC under the Great Lou
4.  Rollin w/Nolan AND the '94 NC
5.  Being able to see Nolan and Company at the Aloha Classic in Honolulu (Dec '94) & all of us breaking bread together at a luau, & watching Nolan do the hula after being called onstage. AWESOME!  It doesn't get any better than that.