Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SCOOP! Straighten this out..

Started by hogzndogz, December 10, 2007, 08:53:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogzndogz

So Petrino and Kiffin is a no and no? True
So its Muschamp or Venables? Which one would you rather have, and when do you think we will get them?
WooPigs.

HoginHouston

Come on, Scoop, you know your loyal hogville fans are waiting. And I have a sneaky feeling that you know something right now. Give us a hint...
Go Hogs Go.

hogzndogz

Yeah and your online... comeon scoopy..
WooPigs.

Table Rocker

Cave City Joe

"When you're part of a team, you stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad, because they'd do the same for you."  <br />Yogi Berra

football-writer

I think Scoop may be playing it safe.  His source made him look bad and he doesn't want to go public with his info until the ink is dry
Bobby Petrino...putting fear into opposing SEC coaches one recruit at a time

Arkanian

scnbj

big john

i got ink on my hand dose that count?
john goodwin

Rooka

Guys Guys, if Scoop knew anything for sure he would tell you, do you want him to be like other news outlets and give you false information that they are not sure of. This is why he is Scoop, he will let us know. Patience young grasshoppers.

Mark Lericos

I haven't posted much because I get ripped to pieces for stuff like Grobe. I got on here and told people he was the dark horse, then when it fell thru (and he WAS coming to Arkansas), I got hammered.

I also haven't needed to because opineonswine has been DEAD ON with his info, at least when I compare it to my sources on things.

Mostly, just like the Pelphrey hire, it's gone amazingly silent. Which tells me they are getting close. I doubt we get past hump day without an announcement.

now back to vacation....  ;D

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Mark [Scoop] Lericos on December 10, 2007, 09:16:55 pm
  I haven't posted much because I get ripped to pieces for stuff like Grobe. I got on here and told people he was the dark horse, then when it fell thru (and he WAS coming to Arkansas), I got hammered.

I also haven't needed to because opineonswine has been DEAD ON with his info, at least when I compare it to my sources on things.

Mostly, just like the Pelphrey hire, it's gone amazingly silent. Which tells me they are getting close. I doubt we get past hump day without an announcement.

At what point do we run off Ole Miss's asst. coaches?  Surely they're not still planning on coaching the Cotton Bowl...
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

jsimpso3

Quote from: Mark [Scoop] Lericos on December 10, 2007, 09:16:55 pm

man who cares if people get mad at you because the guy backed out at the last minute. THE INFO WAS CORRECT. sometimes you just have to ignore the idiots that don't understand that things are always up in the air until the contract is signed

tophawg19

the info was correct.  who knew the man was that loyal to his assistants .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Mark Lericos

Quote from: jsimpso3 on December 10, 2007, 09:20:16 pm
man who cares if people get mad at you because the guy backed out at the last minute. THE INFO WAS CORRECT. sometimes you just have to ignore the idiots that don't understand that things are always up in the air until the contract is signed

because I have low self-esteem. I just ordered 3 crates of 8x10 photos of myself for autographs. 5 dollars a pop. For an extra 5... I'll make the signature out to you.

Begin the ordering...... NOW!

bricklayer

You guys need to get off Mark's jock.  He doesn't know any more than anybody else does and if he does, he ain't gonna tell ya'll.

hillhog

Quote from: football-writer on December 10, 2007, 09:03:04 pm
I think Scoop may be playing it safe.  His source made him look bad and he doesn't want to go public with his info until the ink is dry
Good for him. I for one have had enought of the wild ideas about who is going to be here tomorrow, etc. etc.

The Hawg Marshal

Dirty

Quote from: Mark [Scoop] Lericos on December 10, 2007, 09:24:57 pm
  because I have low self-esteem. I just ordered 3 crates of 8x10 photos of myself for autographs. 5 dollars a pop. For an extra 5... I'll make the signature out to you.

Begin the ordering...... NOW!

Two Scoops!   It's Great! 

Two copies please.  Sign it "All seeing and All knowing Scoop!   8)

Cave City Joe

Scoop, if you knew would you say it here first?
"When you're part of a team, you stand up for your teammates. Your loyalty is to them. You protect them through good and bad, because they'd do the same for you."  <br />Yogi Berra

HogFansReunited

Quote from: opineonswine on December 10, 2007, 09:36:16 pm
Announcement coming within 48 hrs or less.

I agree with this but I have been wrong a few times in the last couple of weeks.  I am hoping that Kiffin will be the one that gets the job.  ESPN did not say he was out of the question.  The article that is posted was that it is rumored he is not interested but I have heard otherwise.  I think it comes down to how much we are willing to pay him.
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pm
Remember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!

Member #3568

OKhogfan1959

Dang scoop didn't everybody think Groober was coming? Don't let the haters get to you..

The Hawg Marshal

jpenrod1

Quote from: opineonswine on December 10, 2007, 09:36:16 pm
Announcement coming within 48 hrs or less.

Is this because we are close or they have one lined up. I guess my question is why 48 hours

destinflhog

I bet Boom loves the helmet more than any coach we ever hired.  I'll even bet he sleeps with it.

WPSFan

December 10, 2007, 09:44:49 pm #25 Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 10:04:48 pm by WPSFan
48 hours or less. said so by none other than Hogville's Opineonswine.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=189655.0

(near the middle)

Muschamp or Venerables!

Work hard, be smart, and keep the peace. WPS!

taintlint

There are 5 million threads on the topic, I don't want to start another one or post in a current one, so by God in the name of Magnum PI and all things Holy I'm going to ask RIGHT HERE..........

Why would we want Muschamp when only 13 years ago he was a Safety at UG? Since then he has had experience coaching D at LSU and Auburn but has he ever coached a down of offense? Has he ever made one offensive decision in his short life? Has he ever been in charge of an entire program at any level? What leads us to believe he can be a HC?

I'm not saying he can't do the job oh by the way. I'm just blown away by his popularity and want to be educated.

fu-man-soo

HogFansReunited

So opineonswine, do you think Kiffin is still in the picture?
My girl told me to whisper something sexy in her ear...so I leaned in and said....Dominic Fletcher.

Member #3568

HogFansReunited

Quote from: taintlint on December 10, 2007, 09:46:24 pm
There are 5 million threads on the topic, I don't want to start another one or post in a current one, so by God in the name of Magnum PI and all things Holy I'm going to ask RIGHT HERE..........

Why would we want Muschamp when only 13 years ago he was a Safety at UG? Since then he has had experience coaching D at LSU and Auburn but has he ever coached a down of offense? Has he ever made one offensive decision in his short life? Has he ever been in charge of an entire program at any level? What leads us to believe he can be a HC?

I'm not saying he can't do the job oh by the way. I'm just blown away by his popularity and want to be educated.

We finally agree on something.

Member #3568

hognelson

The Hawg Marshal

bluegrassboy75

Quote from: opineonswine on December 10, 2007, 09:46:47 pm
nah...BOOM

Ok, I'm going to show my lack of knowledge, Opine.  Who or what is BOOM??

pignatious

Freedom is never free.

davis01

The Hawg Marshal

Ok I get it now. I'm kinda surprized. I figured Muschamp.

OnYourToes

Quote from: Fresh Legs on September 22, 2006, 09:56:48 am
Quote from: OnYourToes on September 22, 2006, 09:48:23 am
The wife's b-day was this past Tuesday, I got her a gift certifiacte for a message, she is going to redeem it Saturday, around 2:35ish.  I had it planned all along.  House to myself, game on, free to yell as loud as I can!!!!!

You sir are a genius!

OKhogfan1959

Well I am disappointed if it is Venables but will give him a chance. OU assistants have done very well after leaving OU so hopefully we have another Pelphrey.

fu-man-soo

OKhogfan1959

Quote from: opineonswine on December 10, 2007, 09:44:30 pm
maybe Arthur Blank will say differently right now?

What did Arthur blank say?

HamminItUp

Quote from: bluegrassboy75 on December 10, 2007, 09:48:33 pm
Ok, I'm going to show my lack of knowledge, Opine.  Who or what is BOOM??

Some of you need to check out youtube. There was a link posted several times in the last few days. Start digging.

HotlantaHog

HotlantaHog

PigSnort

Boom=Muschamp...............ya mow-rons.

want2be

Either one will be good at this time...........I just think that Venable is a better leader and a better recruiter..........but Muschamp probably has the lead due to SEC ties.....Please let his hotty wife handle his interviews!!

taintlint

Quote from: taintlint on December 10, 2007, 09:46:24 pm

If someone does not answer me I'm going to eat your children

SuthrnFballer15

Please lord let it be Muschamp........
"If you're attitude is 'I was good yesterday,' you can't do that at Arkansas. Whoever your opponent is, it's a big game. Everything is up for grabs." - Coach Pelphrey

"I'm not really good at being a shifty kind of guy who likes to make moves -- I like to be a straight-line guy and run over somebody if I can."
-Peyton Hillis

"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog" - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Dr Swineglove

Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

hognelson

I'm guessing venerables with the boom comment.  Boomer Sooner, isn't that their cheer or something?

razorjag

Quote from: opineonswine on December 10, 2007, 09:46:47 pm
nah...BOOM

Opin, who's BOOM? Your killing me!! Come on with da good news! We need it!