Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Note to ALL Florida Gators fans

Started by Biggus Piggus, December 10, 2007, 11:58:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

December 11, 2007, 02:04:00 am #100 Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 04:42:09 am by Biggus Piggus
Quote from: 94 Hawg on December 11, 2007, 01:36:14 am
disappointing post biggus, you are better than that.

I'm disappointed DMac didn't win but Tebow had a great season too. The personal attack was classless.

It is not a personal attack, except that I wish him ill for being handed the Heisman by a bunch of slobs.

Besides, this is SEC football, not intramurals.
[CENSORED]!

LJHOG

Only guy who rushed for over 1700 yards and has more rushing career yardage than Bo and don't win the thing.  that ain't right!!

Chief Mac

Quote from: PorkOpine on December 10, 2007, 09:20:57 pm
I don't care how many games the Hogs win or lose.  I just purchased Independence Bowl tickets tonight and will be hollering like hell for Bama.

so tell me why you are still on a HOG board if you are no longer a Hog fan?
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

GOAT

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on December 10, 2007, 12:26:45 pm
What is even more telling regarding this "voter fraud" is the number of ballots that list Tebow first and do not list MCfadden at all.

I'm not going to do another talley for you, too busy.  Just trust that the Tebow voters in the South, SE and NE knew darned well the only chance to win this thing for Tebow was to leave Darren off altogether.  Result was maximum points for a first place vote for Tebow and obviously zero for darren.

And it was not due to lack of respect for McFadden's accomplishments, just the opposite.

To further illustrate, factor in the second place points multiplied by 115 and see whose the winner.

What is sickening is that it worked.  How must Darren McFadden feel if he realizes this.

A complete f'in sham.

Let, me add that I have nothing but respect for Tebow and what he accomplished this year.  I just don't like the politics of those who promoted his winning.

You absolutely hit the nail on the head.  I'm not saying Tebow didn't have a great year, even a year very seriously worthy of the award.  However the fact that so many Tebow voters left McFadden off totally (are you hearing this you lunatic, Spurrier?) shows how frightened they are of him.

At least Spurrier has a reason to be scared.  He probably is still wetting the bed with nightmares of McFadden running roughshod over that pathetic defense.  Have fun watching the bowl games, Stevie.

Holla,
GOAT

Pork Twain

December 11, 2007, 09:24:46 am #104 Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 09:32:42 am by BeoPig™
Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 10, 2007, 11:58:46 am
Gator fans are spreading the lie that "many" Heisman voters who favored Darren McFadden left Tim Tebow off their ballots.

More Gators, apparently, are sleazy enough to try to manipulate the Heisman vote by being patently unfair.

Ballots that did not list Darren McFadden first, second or third: 115

Ballots that did not list Tim Tebow first, second or third: 77

77 seems like a reasonable number of people who might believe it is wrong to vote for a sophomore.

115 leaving McFadden, last year's runner-up, completely off the ballot = overt manipulation of the Heisman vote.

May the Heisman curse haunt Tim Tebow to his grave.
Real classy...  Is it the young man's fault?  He put up numbers that have never been put up by a quarterback.  Did DMac do the same for running backs?  He showed nothing but class, which is much more than bitter hog fans can say.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

dsewell70

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 11, 2007, 02:04:00 am
It is not a personal attack, except that I wish him ill for being handed the Heisman by a bunch of slobs.

Besides, this is SEC football, not intramurals.

saying you hope something haunts him to his grave may not be a "personal attack" but it's still petty and classless ...

you're right, this isn't intramurals, so man up and take Tebow's Heisman win for what it is, an award to a guy who had a great season who just happened to beat out the player you favored.

If Tebow had had a crap season, you'd have an argument, but puting up just shy of 4,000 total yards in a season and 51 TDs is not a crap season.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: dsewell70 on December 11, 2007, 10:27:48 am
saying you hope something haunts him to his grave may not be a "personal attack" but it's still petty and classless ...

you're right, this isn't intramurals, so man up and take Tebow's Heisman win for what it is, an award to a guy who had a great season who just happened to beat out the player you favored.

If Tebow had had a crap season, you'd have an argument, but puting up just shy of 4,000 total yards in a season and 51 TDs is not a crap season.

He had a great season, but his being awarded is SO wrong in light of the established criteria.

Here's why.    http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=189669.msg2932698#msg2932698
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

justmakeit2thebcs

December 11, 2007, 11:04:15 am #107 Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 11:19:13 am by justmakeit2thebcs
Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 10, 2007, 11:58:46 am
Gator fans are spreading the lie that "many" Heisman voters who favored Darren McFadden left Tim Tebow off their ballots.

More Gators, apparently, are sleazy enough to try to manipulate the Heisman vote by being patently unfair.

Ballots that did not list Darren McFadden first, second or third: 115

Ballots that did not list Tim Tebow first, second or third: 77

77 seems like a reasonable number of people who might believe it is wrong to vote for a sophomore.

115 leaving McFadden, last year's runner-up, completely off the ballot = overt manipulation of the Heisman vote.

May the Heisman curse haunt Tim Tebow to his grave.
Where did you get this data ?   link?    ***nevermeind, I  figured it out..thanks***

dsewell70

Quote from: Albert Einswine on December 11, 2007, 10:59:17 am

He had a great season, but his being awarded is SO wrong in light of the established criteria.

Here's why.    http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=189669.msg2932698#msg2932698

the Heisman is not a "career" award. It is a season award. Sure they may not have considered sophomores in the past, which screwed McFadden last year, but even then it has still been about what upperclassman player that year had a great season, not who had a great career

TrojanHog

Quote from: ArkieRebel on December 10, 2007, 12:05:06 pm
It will. He has no future in the NFL. I'm sure he's a good kid but he'll turn out like Eric Crouch from Nebraska. Where is he now?

No way is Tebow anything like Eric Crouch.  Crouch was too short to play QB at the next level. The Rams tried to make him into a slot receiver and he refused. He walked away from the game because they wouldn't let him play quarterback.

Tebow has the size and the arm strength to play quarterback in the NFL. He's going to do just fine.

I don't understand the sour grapes. The Heisman was given to the right person this year, it was not last year. Troy Smith didn't do anything worthy of winning the Heisman last year and McFadden should have won it then. I think the voters realized that this year and that's one of the reasons the sophomore thing was finally done away with. 

Tebow rushed for more touchdowns than anyone in the history of the SEC this year. That's impressive. He also threw for a nice number as well. He was the most complete player this year. If McFadden had more yards against Chattanooga or had a better game against Auburn and at Tennessee he probably would have won, but he didn't put up the numbers that Tebow did. Mostly because nobody has ever put up the numbers Tebow did and to me if you do something in the SEC nobody has every done before and do something nobody in the history of college football has done before (20/20) you should win the Heisman, period.

rickm1976

It is beyond me how any voter could have left either off their ballot.

HDale

Tebow deserved the heisman.

Stop whinning, it makes us look bad.
I will always hate the Dork

dsewell70

Quote from: Albert Einswine on December 11, 2007, 10:59:17 am

and quoting yourself as a standard doesn't make it a standard...

as for that thread, you're biggest mistake is criticizing the number of short-yardage touchdowns.... If McFadden had scored that many short-yardage TDs and someone used it against him, you'd think they were ridiculous. You'd just say they gave it to the best player in that situation. He was their best player in that situation.

Against Florida International, McFadden had four touchdowns, the longest of which was 3 yards, two others were 2 yards and one was 1 yard... based on your argument those shouldn't count for him either. Fortunately for him those TDs made that game look better for him since he only gained 61 yards.

And don't say it was because he was injured. Yes he was, but he still had 19 carries in that game, the most on the team. And 20 of those yards came on one carry.