Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Note to ALL Florida Gators fans

Started by Biggus Piggus, December 10, 2007, 11:58:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

Gator fans are spreading the lie that "many" Heisman voters who favored Darren McFadden left Tim Tebow off their ballots.

More Gators, apparently, are sleazy enough to try to manipulate the Heisman vote by being patently unfair.

Ballots that did not list Darren McFadden first, second or third: 115

Ballots that did not list Tim Tebow first, second or third: 77

77 seems like a reasonable number of people who might believe it is wrong to vote for a sophomore.

115 leaving McFadden, last year's runner-up, completely off the ballot = overt manipulation of the Heisman vote.

May the Heisman curse haunt Tim Tebow to his grave.
[CENSORED]!

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on December 10, 2007, 11:58:46 am

It will. He has no future in the NFL. I'm sure he's a good kid but he'll turn out like Eric Crouch from Nebraska. Where is he now?
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

pimphog

Gator fans are spreading the lie that "many" Heisman voters who favored Darren McFadden left Tim Tebow off their ballots.

More Gators, apparently, are sleazy enough to try to manipulate the Heisman vote by being patently unfair.

77 seems like a reasonable number of people who might believe it is wrong to vote for a sophomore.

115 leaving McFadden, last year's runner-up, completely off the ballot = overt manipulation of the Heisman vote.

We all know DMac is the greatest......Heisman is Bull%^&!!!

HogISH™

that's kind of a hateful way to start a week off don't you think ;)

HogISH
|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

RazorBassin

So they win it, and they say they are getting screwed.  Go figure, sounds like a Gator fan.  I suppose they got screwed out of the BCS too?  LOL!

Tejano Jawg

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

bigyellowdog

Tebow won't make it in the NFL, but he probably has a bright future as a televangelist.  Tebow will be the next Benny Hinn, where Gator fans will flock to see him every night around the state of Florida.

Conway Cool Daddy

Biggus, Tim is a great kid. I don't think you lay the blame for this at his feet.
I wish him nothing but success in the future.

Spit those sour grapes out man.
;)

julie

What made me laugh was ESPN touting that Tebow is such a great person, all around, All American kid that he intends to play all FOUR years of college football and what a rarity that is now a days.  I think we all know why he intends to play all FOUR years of college football....

russell33

agreed, ill take 30 mil over a trophy any day

hogsanity

This is not about Tebow, this is about voters who apparently either

A.  have no clue about who are the best college players  or

B.  Have a blatant agenda, and do not even try to hide it.

I think alot of people left DMAC off because they were afraid he might wn on total points, so they wanted TEBOW and di not want dmac to even get any points from them.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

rljjr

Quote from: hogsanity on December 10, 2007, 12:20:00 pm

I think alot of people left DMAC off because they were afraid he might wn on total points, so they wanted TEBOW and di not want dmac to even get any points from them.

Buy this man a chicken dinner!

Blue35

Te Timbow or whatever his name is will be lucky to even get drafted into the NFL while McFadden will be a top five pick. Therefore, who is the best player? That's a no brainer.

forwhomthebelltoll

Quite frankly, leaving either McFadden or Tebow off a voting list is absurd. Those voters should be stripped of their voting rights.

Tigerhog14s

He won didn't he. What do they have to complain about again? They need to shut their espn lovin @#$'s up.
Clothes make the man, Naked people have no influence on society. -Mark Twain

Con el Cerdos

December 10, 2007, 12:26:45 pm #15 Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 12:54:07 pm by Con el Cerdos
What is even more telling regarding this "voter fraud" is the number of ballots that list Tebow first and do not list MCfadden at all.

I'm not going to do another talley for you, too busy.  Just trust that the Tebow voters in the South, SE and NE knew darned well the only chance to win this thing for Tebow was to leave Darren off altogether.  Result was maximum points for a first place vote for Tebow and obviously zero for darren.

And it was not due to lack of respect for McFadden's accomplishments, just the opposite.

To further illustrate, factor in the second place points multiplied by 115 and see whose the winner.

What is sickening is that it worked.  How must Darren McFadden feel if he realizes this.

A complete f'in sham.

Let, me add that I have nothing but respect for Tebow and what he accomplished this year.  I just don't like the politics of those who promoted his winning.

AFWarrior83

Peyton Manning never won the Heisman and he turned out alright =)  Tebow better hang on to that cast signed by DMAC b/c it's going to be worth more than that Heisman trophy one day.  :razorback:
Hogville member since 2005.

DeltaBoy

TeBLOW will be in the Studio with the USC QB in 2 years.

DMAC will be in the PRO BOWL making Millions.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

MedicHog

Who in their right mind would leave McFadden or Tebow off their top three?  Makes you think WTH. 

SemperFi

Tebow deserved to be there, however he did not deserve to win as so many of us agree upon. Had ESPN been truly unbiased as Journalists are supposed to be, and had they not campaigned day and night for Tebow, then we would be talking about DMAC winning it and not being screwed over like he was.

I don't doubt that Tebow is an excellent kid and he is a stud out there on the field, but when you really think about entire defenses scheming to just try to slow DMAC down, versus a defense having to prepare for the entire Florida offense (not just Tebow) then it should go without saying that DMAC deserved the recognition and the Heisman.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: hogsanity on December 10, 2007, 12:20:00 pm

Hogsanity knows.

31to6

I do not, nor have I ever, had anything against Gator Fans. I think Tim Tebow is a phenomenon and that his performance has really been more real than hype.

[Although there is some hype... half his TDs would have been run in by fullbacks if Florida had a decent one this year and he was able to pad his stats immensely against lesser opposition because Meyer (correctly and wisely) let him take more snaps in their blow-outs because you want a sophomore QB to get as many live game snaps as you can for the experience.]
I think DMAC is the superior athelete but the coach we fired torpedoed his Heisman chances through crappy coaching, offensive boredom, fear-laced refusal to let him pad his numbers and his insane ranting and calling out May and Holtz after the LSU game.

Congratulations to Tim Tebow. He is from all accounts a superb human being and a unique athlete and his Heisman should have no more of an asterisk than any other popularity contest. He also has a good coach, which makes all the difference.

Razorback fans need to show some class here. Everyone knows the Heisman is a popularity contest and everyone knows it favors big programs in big markets. DMAC came in second because he was not allowed to do all year what we all know he capable of doing. Sour grapes just makes you look like bitter losers rather than the fans of a proud program with a strong tradition.

msmaddox

Quote from: ArkieRebel on December 10, 2007, 12:05:06 pm
It will. He has no future in the NFL. I'm sure he's a good kid but he'll turn out like Eric Crouch from Nebraska. Where is he now?

eric crouch is at the heisman presentation every that sat night while everybody else is getting prepared to play the next day haha

Swynler Durden

Snarlton

December 10, 2007, 12:55:14 pm #24 Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 09:04:53 pm by Snarlton
I don't see how Tebow did anything wrong in all of this.  What was he supposed to do, pull himself out of the running?  As far as I can tell he's a top notch individual who would never be as unfair to any of you as you are being to him.

RazorsEdge

Quote from: Snarlton on December 10, 2007, 12:55:14 pm
I don't see how Tebow didn't anything wrong in all of this.  What was he supposed to do, pull himself out of the running?  As far as I can tell he's a top notch individual who would never be as unfair to any of you as you are being to him.
I agree, I don't think Tebow had a vote.  Which brings up a question.  As a former winner, can Tebow vote next year?

slopinhogs

this was a popular vote and to break a tradition to vote for your favorite becaue he is a good white christian boy who is a sopohmore is plumb sinful. in years past a 2nd year man would not have been considered.

DMac is the best player in the country Tebow included. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

Veritas Arkansas

Quote from: Snarlton on December 10, 2007, 12:55:14 pm
I don't see how Tebow didn't anything wrong in all of this.  What was he supposed to do, pull himself out of the running?  As far as I can tell he's a top notch individual who would never be as unfair to any of you as you are being to him.

I refuse to let your facts get in the way of my truth.
Quote from: hogcard1964 on August 02, 2017, 03:02:35 pm
I like to refer to myself as a bigot.  I have every right to be.

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on October 06, 2017, 01:23:52 pm
White Nationalists aren't any more evil than homosexuals.

Tammany Tom

Your last statement is pure Crap. You are a very good poster on here and provide a lot of great information. I like to read your posts, as they provide way more insight and knowledge than most posters. A lot of people on this board read your posts for the same reasons I do. You, of all people, should be a better person than to make that statement.

I want to make these points:

I fully understand the disappointment of Arkansas fans in McFadden not winning.

I wanted Darren McFadden to win the Heisman Award. I was rooting for him. I feel he deserved it.

I don't like Florida. I don't like Florida at all. I always root against Florida unless they are playing an out of conference big time program.

However........Tim Tebow was a worthy Heisman candidate and worthy winner. More importantly, Tim Tebow is a very good person. He is what is right in college football. Did you not listen to his acceptance speech? He has is priorities in order and is a great representative for college football and for Florida. I would love to have that young man on LSU's football team.

To wish ill will on a young man that seems to have great charachter, because others, who vote for the award tried to manipulate it is just wrong. I would think that you would be above wishing ill will on a fine young man because of the deeds of others.   

CorningHog

Quote from: wdremington on December 10, 2007, 12:43:32 pm
I do not, nor have I ever, had anything against Gator Fans. I think Tim Tebow is a phenomenon and that his performance has really been more real than hype.

[Although there is some hype... half his TDs would have been run in by fullbacks if Florida had a decent one this year and he was able to pad his stats immensely against lesser opposition because Meyer (correctly and wisely) let him take more snaps in their blow-outs because you want a sophomore QB to get as many live game snaps as you can for the experience.]
I think DMAC is the superior athelete but the coach we fired torpedoed his Heisman chances through crappy coaching, offensive boredom, fear-laced refusal to let him pad his numbers and his insane ranting and calling out May and Holtz after the LSU game.

Congratulations to Tim Tebow. He is from all accounts a superb human being and a unique athlete and his Heisman should have no more of an asterisk than any other popularity contest. He also has a good coach, which makes all the difference.

Razorback fans need to show some class here. Everyone knows the Heisman is a popularity contest and everyone knows it favors big programs in big markets. DMAC came in second because he was not allowed to do all year what we all know he capable of doing. Sour grapes just makes you look like bitter losers rather than the fans of a proud program with a strong tradition.

Totally agree!

No sense in being bitter over our boy DMAC losing to Tebow.  Tebow was just as deserving.  Florida has a little more visible program and only until about the middle of the season did Arkansas attempt to use what Gus Malzahn taught Nutt and his croonies in how to utilize your "best" weapons.

Sure, Tebow may have benefitted from some strategic voting.  Others may well have been more impressed with the QB's.  However you slice it, there is no sense in throwing mud at Tebow or Florida.

I for one was very impressed with Tebow.  Can he run as fast as DMAC?  No.  Can he play the game of football very well in the SEC?  Yes. 

No need for sour grapes.  Just let it go.

Oh, and I would imagine that Tebow will play in the NFL. 

No one can predict the future.  I hope both players do well in the NFL.
"Seek ye first the Kingdom of Heaven"

USCNOKLAHOMA

If anything last year was the year DMAC got screwed. The fact is Troy should not have a Heisman and Dmac and Tebow should. You can't penalize Tebow for the wrongs of the past. I feel for DMAC...just a little though since he will make more than any of us.

arkjay19

We all knew it was BS when Spurrier didn't put DMac up there.  How in the world does a guy that was a runner up last year and broke an SEC record against your own team, and you don't put him as at very worst the #2 guy?  that was just stupid.

WILL CLINTON

December 10, 2007, 02:02:32 pm #32 Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 02:04:44 pm by WILL CLINTON

You are joking right?? Tebow will be a bigger star in the NFL than he is in college. 

Quote from: pimphog on December 10, 2007, 12:06:45 pm
We all know DMac is the greatest......Heisman is Bull%^&!!!

The Heisman went to the best player in college football this season.  This award isn't based on a career, or on past achievements. 

Quote from: bigyellowdog on December 10, 2007, 12:08:11 pm
Tebow won't make it in the NFL,

One of the most ridiculous statements I've ever seen.  How can you even say that??   The kid is destined to be a star.  He's like Mike Vick with a better attitude, he isn't a thug, has a stronger arm and is bigger and stronger.  He would probably be a top 10 pick this year if he could come out. 

Quote from: Tammany Tom on December 10, 2007, 01:11:50 pm
Your last statement is pure Crap. You are a very good poster on here and provide a lot of great information. I like to read your posts, as they provide way more insight and knowledge than most posters. A lot of people on this board read your posts for the same reasons I do. You, of all people, should be a better person than to make that statement.

I wanted Darren McFadden to win the Heisman Award. I was rooting for him. I feel he deserved it.

I don't like Florida. I don't like Florida at all. I always root against Florida unless they are playing an out of conference big time program.

However........Tim Tebow was a worthy Heisman candidate and worthy winner. More importantly, Tim Tebow is a very good person. He is what is right in college football. Did you not listen to his acceptance speech? He has is priorities in order and is a great representative for college football and for Florida. I would love to have that young man on LSU's football team.

To wish ill will on a young man that seems to have great charachter, because others, who vote for the award tried to manipulate it is just wrong. I would think that you would be above wishing ill will on a fine young man because of the deeds of others.   

+1,000

Best post I've seen on here in weeks. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

With all the bickering and arguing going ponder this if you really feel the need to slam Tebow:

While he is trying to cash in his bronze statue to the bank, DMAC will be taking million dollar checks.

Ask Troy Smith if he would rather be a first round draft pick, or win the Heisman... I bet he picks NFL over a stupid a$$ bronze statue.  Money speaks for itself and 5 years down the road no one will give a sh*t about Tim Tebow and his Heisman.  Instead, they will all be talking about DMAC and his 5th consecutive Pro-Bowl appearance.

Swine & Cheese Club

Tebow showed nothing but class in every aspect at the ceremony.  That kid has his priorities in order.  There is no reason to believe that he won't be successful in the NFL.  He's a sophomore!  How much do you think he will learn and add to his game is the next year or two with the coaches he has?  If Darren hadn't been in this year's running everyone on this board would most likely be happy for Tebow winning the award, but since DMAC is you feel the need to bash him and make him winning the award seem less important.  Blame the system all you want, but don't blame the kid for going out and putting incredible numbers up.  In the end, it's just a piece of rock and you can't take it with you.

We need more role models like him and Darren in sports today.  Seeing young kids step up and declare their faith and their respect for their parents and authority is refreshing to see.  This "me first" attitude you see every day is sickening.  I applaud them both for their efforts and the way they handle themselves.

We should consider ourselves lucky, I know I do.  One day we will be able to sit down with our kids or grandkids and say "I was there when DMAC put up 300 yards on SC, and then he practically single-handedly beat the #1 team in the nation LSU".  Who knows, we may even be able to tell them about the Super Bowl game(s) he played in too!

coach5779

Did anyone else notice that TT drives a moped?  How big a dork is this kid?
Woo Pig Sooiee!!

mword

December 10, 2007, 02:43:31 pm #36 Last Edit: December 10, 2007, 03:16:05 pm by schweine
I don't believe Tebow will make it in the NFL like most Heisman winners.

ThisLittlePiggie

C'mon man. Tebow is NOTHING like that wimp Crouch. And he will have a future in the NFL. If Vince Young has a future in the NFL, Tebow damn sure has one.

ThisLittlePiggie

This thread represents the sorriest example of sour grapes. Yes, McFadden deserved the Heisman. So did Tebow.

Fletch

I feel like $100

razorbass

I think it just put more pressure on him to win it again next year.

Hogchick

Here...here.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Tammany Tom on December 10, 2007, 01:11:50 pm

I agree with you on many points and think he is probably a fine young man.  However, you overstate it when you say he was "worthy" to win the award; he was not.

RazorBassin

There is no doubt that Tebow is deserving.  He is a good player and WILL play on Sundays.  He showed a lot of class in his acceptance speech and I have nothing but respect for him.  My problem with this whole debacle is the voters.  The media used it's privleages to sway a vote in their favor to sell more of their product.  We have all seen this argument, it is not new news.  I wish Tebow the best and I am comforted knowing Darren will do well for himself with/without the heisman trophy.  God Bless both players in all that they do.

Oklahawg

The biggest injustice is the use of ESPN as a platform to annoit a player or team for some award or position in the rankings.

Last year ESPN propped up Smith and mentioned the "sophomore" label as a reason DMac wouldn't get it. Sure didn't see that as a reason this year.

Truly, Colt Brennan should have won above Tebow as his team did everything asked to do and needed his leadership to pull it off. The other 3 candidates had their chance to lead the team to greatness but for whatever reason (good, bad, or "gee, OH, why are you blaming the kid?") did not. He went 14-0. Sick numbers.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

staffhog

I am puzzled about how some ballots are different than others.  You would think they would be heads up straight across the board.

I can remember how big Miss America was back in the 50s and 60s; now look at it.  The Heisman is headed to the same place faster than a Patriot to a Scud.

PORKER1

FAABrad

Quote from: ThisLittlePiggie on December 10, 2007, 03:37:23 pm
C'mon man. Tebow is NOTHING like that wimp Crouch. And he will have a future in the NFL. If Vince Young has a future in the NFL, Tebow damn sure has one.

How fast is Tebow?  I dont know his 40 time but I suspect he is nowhere near as fast as Vince Young or Michael Vick so I am not sure his running ability will translate to next level as well as some may think.  Who Knows?  Maybe his passing ability will be good enough to get him to next level.

Albert Einswine

Darren McFadden didn't lose the Heisman to Tim Tebow.

The University of Arkansas lost the Heisman to the University of Florida.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

coach5779

I still can't get over the fact that freakin' MARK MAY has a vote and Lou Holtz does not.  It just blows my mind.
Woo Pig Sooiee!!