Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

We Need YOUR Opinion. Who's On Our Level?

Started by jcjj7777, December 09, 2007, 09:48:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jcjj7777

December 09, 2007, 09:48:56 pm Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 09:54:14 pm by Jay Jones
In your honest opinion...which college football program would you say is on the same level as Arkansas' football program. Just name 1...but you can pick any college team. Consider success...fans...and national notoriety. If someone has already chosen YOUR selection...select that team again. That's okay. Just seeing how the prgram is perceived thru the eyes of Razorback fans. I'd like to discuss this on tomorrow's Hogville Cafe.

SpiritHog

South Carolina......size of fan base, recruiting possibilities, etc.
Non Illegitimus Carborundum

jcjj7777

Thanks for getting it started.

Fort Swine

A&M - Nice facilities, but can't get to the next level.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

hognelson

no one

EL' MAHOG

I guess it finally rained, its down to 85, I bet the fish are bitin' down by the riverside

fayhawgdawg

Ole Miss - We share the same coaches.  They are recruiting for both teams, kinda sorta

BradyHolzhauer

jcjj7777

You folks are picking some that I had in mind. Keep it going.

alwaysondbigscreen

Auburn  altho they are starting to distance themselves
some say he's a cia experiment gone wrong

Hogoman

WVa, about the same national notoriety and status. We have better facilities, but about the same on national recognition level, however, WV is passing on us.
I dont know who called that time out.

Yoko Oinko

Clemson, Texas A$M, Colorado, Michigan St, Washington
"Every time Pam Anderson and Paul McCartney go on a PETA crusade i am going to kill ten of something." - Ted Nugent

proffitthog

razorbass

happyhawgal

Nebraska ??

They were once a powerhouse or at least a contender and is now sinking. Hopefully their changes will pay off. 
WPS!!
NewDay
NewAttitude
NewIdentity
NewYear

BradyHolzhauer

Quote from: Ar_Hog on December 09, 2007, 09:56:04 pm

WTH?

They won a NC.....LOL

"Auburn's football team, currently coached by Tommy Tuberville, have been named national champions eight times over the years, including the Associated Press title in 1957 (the only year Auburn University claims)."

Arkansas claims one national championship, as well.
And ours is more recent.
-B

SpiritHog

Quote from: Ar_Hog on December 09, 2007, 09:54:21 pm
Oklahoma St.

Great recuiting area but just can't get past Oklahoma and Texas

I lived in Oklahoma for 10 years.  OU was considered THE school.  OSU generally considered the "cow college"(not my words).  (Remember Nutt played there)  The joke was that the only people who went there were VERY aggressively recruited(like Anderson from Junction City in basketball) or wannabe veterinary majors that were rejected by the Texas Aggies.

If we are that bad......my god......get the shotgun.
Non Illegitimus Carborundum

cdohogfan

December 09, 2007, 10:01:03 pm #21 Last Edit: December 09, 2007, 10:10:41 pm by cdohogfan
I change mine to Texas A&M  :puke:

BradyHolzhauer

Quote from: Ar_Hog on December 09, 2007, 10:00:59 pm

I knew I could get a rise out of ya Brady!!!!   ;)
lol sorry for being so defensive.  it's been that kind of day.
-B

SpenceHogg

Oklahoma St, Clemson, Texas A&M, Wisconsin, Iowa and South Carolina are the programs Arkansas most closely resembles

Desperate Hog

Clemson is very appropriate looking at the big picture over the course of 20, 30, or 40 plus years.  Texas A&M also.  Possibly Wisconsin but they used to be worse and are now better.  Also Az st as they have had some good years and also some mediocre ones.  Mid tier pac 10 school.  Should be much better than they have been given their location and great weather.
"I've got dozens of friends and the fun never ends that is as long as I'm buying"-Tommy Shaw

The_Champ

The peak: Florida, LSU, USC
2 Steps Higher: Georgia, Ohio State, Texas
Step Higher: Auburn, Tenn
Same: Alabama, Clemson, Boston College, Georgia Tech
Step Below: S. Carolina, Ole Miss, Ok. State
DoorMat: Miss State, Vandy

"oƃ sƃoɥ oƃ ¡ǝıooos ƃıd oooʍ

"If I could rest anywhere, it would be in Arkansas, where the men are of the real half-horse, half-alligator breed such as grows nowhere else on the face of the universal earth."

It's not about the Xs and Os; it's about the Jimmys and the Joes.

89ALUM

I'm in shape.  Round is a shape.

"That's what." - she

jkstock04

Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

hogbalz

Clemson. Those of you that say South Carolina remember they sell out 80000 plus every game even in losing seasons.
In doing your work in the great world, it is a safe plan to follow a rule I once heard on the football field: Don't flinch, don't fall; hit the line hard.
--Theodore Roosevelt

If you don't make a total commitment to whatever you're doing, then you start looking to bail out the first time the boat starts leaking. It's tough enough getting that boat to shore with everybody rowing, let alone when a guy stands up and starts putting his jacket on.
--Lou Holtz

ICEman

Single Major D1 School States with limited population and recruiting interference from other lower division 1 schools within the same state include:  Wyoming, Boise St., Nebraska, West Virginia, and perhaps Hawaii.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

lazyj70

Quote from: BradyHolzhauer on December 09, 2007, 09:59:29 pm
"Auburn's football team, currently coached by Tommy Tuberville, have been named national champions eight times over the years, including the Associated Press title in 1957 (the only year Auburn University claims)."

Arkansas claims one national championship, as well.
And ours is more recent.
-B

Brady, What's up wilth Auburn being named NC eight times and thme only claiming one.  Most schools are named once and claim eight.

BradyHolzhauer

Quote from: lazyj70 on December 09, 2007, 10:25:52 pm
Brady, What's up wilth Auburn being named NC eight times and thme only claiming one.  Most schools are named once and claim eight.
No clue...I thought it was strange, too.
-B

FedUpWithNutt

I am going to answer this 'before' I read other opinions. 
To me, that is an easy answer.  West Virginia, IMO, would be almost the same level as Arkansas. What I mean by that, it is: they are "the" state school, the entire state gets behind them, and they get in the top 10 every few years.  With that said, I do need to add that Arkansas has a much more storied tradition than West Virginia!

Quote from: Jay Jones on December 09, 2007, 09:48:56 pm
In your honest opinion...which college football program would you say is on the same level as Arkansas' football program. Just name 1...but you can pick any college team. Consider success...fans...and national notoriety. If someone has already chosen YOUR selection...select that team again. That's okay. Just seeing how the prgram is perceived thru the eyes of Razorback fans. I'd like to discuss this on tomorrow's Hogville Cafe.

gomersnerd

Marshall, U of N Texas, UNLV, Utah State, Troy and Memphis
It's time to burn a lower case "t" in his yard to tell him "It's time for you to go".

Hogini

MammothPig

JAMAHog

Fan wise: Nebraska
History wise: Texas
Football: Wisconsin or West Virginia
Basketball: Arizona
Track: in a class of our own

NuttSu

ronmahony

"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

BradyHolzhauer

tahlahog

USC, Florida, Ohio State, LSU, Oklahoma, New England Patriots and the Dallas Cowboys!
what can you say I'm Bias!

mword

FBREW000

South Carolina
Texas A and M
Oklahoma State
Missouri
Clemson
Utah

PrescottHog

Clemson, Auburn, Cal, Wis., West Virginia, Va Tech, A&M, and Iowa

casken

"The human capacity to know the good and the right is distorted by the human will to fulfill desire."-Dallas Willard