Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Will Muschamp

Started by kfloamy, December 08, 2007, 12:17:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kfloamy

A connection to a Razorback player called the Grobe thing accurately the other day. I was aware the other day that Grobe was "going to be the guy" before it hit the boards and news.  New info from that same source.  Muschamp "is frontrunner"....Chow is also in the mix "if details can be worked out."

I'd take either one.

we'll see if this source can call it twice.

Hoggle

How about Muschamp AND Chow.  Muschamp HC, making 1.5mm and assembling a team of top recruiters and assistant coaches and Chow making $1.0mm and running the offense.  Still cheaper than a $2.5mm HC and low level $200k OC.  If we really had any brains on the hill they would be working on something a bit innovative.  Chow gets to do what he's best at, make a lot of money, be recognized and the highest paid assistant in NCAA history and avoid the BS of being a HC.  Muschamp get a chance to show us how hungry and able he is as a HC.

uhshog

Quote from: kfloamy on December 08, 2007, 12:17:40 pm
A connection to a Razorback player called the Grobe thing accurately the other day. I was aware the other day that Grobe was "going to be the guy" before it hit the boards and news.  New info from that same source.  Muschamp "is frontrunner"....Chow is also in the mix "if details can be worked out."
I hope you're right about Muschamp. Chow is an offensive genius. But Chow is just too old.
The top part is his post the bottom one is mine. For some reason this thing is being stupid.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: kfloamy on December 08, 2007, 12:17:40 pm

I'd take either one.

we'll see if this source can call it twice.

One of the U of A planes was near Auburn in the last few days, wasn't it? Am I recalling this correctly?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

biggdaddyt

I agree with hoggle that would be awesome. With Chow you bring an offensive genius. Together this would be a great tandem...but this would make too much sense for them to do...LOL

TDHog

H&D

I can't believe we are all wishing that some idiot that called us all Motherfrickers on national tv is going to be our next head coach.  Do we really want that guy representing our Hogs?
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

camden5r

YES!! we (I) would want to have Muschamp... For me the only on I do not want is Herring

grayhawg

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: HawgsandDawgs on December 08, 2007, 01:04:39 pm
I can't believe we are all wishing that some idiot that called us all Motherfrickers on national tv is going to be our next head coach.  Do we really want that guy representing our Hogs?

Gee whiz, Muschamp probably utters that phrase at every freakin game as the DC.  Heck, many coaches, mostly assistants of coarse, make derogatory statements toward the competition...see Reggie Herring.  It's no big deal.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Arkapigdiesel

Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

The_Iceman

Quote from: opineonswine on December 08, 2007, 12:33:18 pm
This is not new news.  Both Will Muschamp and Norm Chow are possibilities.  No revelation there.

as a combo or separately?

Torqued pork

If he doesn't orchestrate team meetings to run off players and have psycho friends sending derogatory e-mails to same players - yes!

claycohog

Hmmm.  A DC in his 30's or Gus.

I believe I will go with Gus.

Torqued pork

Quote from: biggdaddyt on December 08, 2007, 12:53:38 pm
I agree with hoggle that would be awesome. With Chow you bring an offensive genius. Together this would be a great tandem...but this would make too much sense for them to do...LOL
For the love of all that is sacred and holy, let's please not force anymore assistants on the head coach. Haven't we learned anything from the past year?

The_Iceman

Quote from: Bubbaswinestein on December 08, 2007, 01:33:54 pm
For the love of all that is sacred and holy, let's please not force anymore assistants on the head coach. Haven't we learned anything from the past year?

i don't think Chow would be "forced" on Muschamp. Muschamp will want the best OC possible, and he is one of the top.

Torqued pork

December 08, 2007, 01:38:31 pm #16 Last Edit: December 08, 2007, 01:58:52 pm by Bubbaswinestein
Quote from: The_Iceman on December 08, 2007, 01:35:35 pm
i don't think Chow would be "forced" on Muschamp. Muschamp will want the best OC possible, and he is one of the top.
If Muschamp wants Chow then great, hire Norm Chow for OC. Let's just stay away from those doomed shotgun weddings in the future.

SuthrnFballer15

"If you're attitude is 'I was good yesterday,' you can't do that at Arkansas. Whoever your opponent is, it's a big game. Everything is up for grabs." - Coach Pelphrey

"I'm not really good at being a shifty kind of guy who likes to make moves -- I like to be a straight-line guy and run over somebody if I can."
-Peyton Hillis

"Its not the size of the dog in the fight, its the size of the fight in the dog" - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant

Merle Hawggard

yes, cause he will win and then we can call everyone else losers
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"If I tell you a rooster can pull a freight train....hook his a$$ up!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" Terry Whitlock

H&D

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 08, 2007, 01:23:11 pm
Gee whiz, Muschamp probably utters that phrase at every freakin game as the DC.  Heck, many coaches, mostly assistants of coarse, make derogatory statements toward the competition...see Reggie Herring.  It's no big deal.

That's fine for a DC, I don't want the guys as a head coach, he is to emotional, emotion has caused us to lose alot of games over the years.........Houston Nutt was overly emotional on the field...need I say more?  And I wouldn't want Reggie for much of the same reason.
\\\"Camp Sather 2003\\\"

qhhog

Quote from: HawgsandDawgs on December 08, 2007, 02:10:31 pm
That's fine for a DC, I don't want the guys as a head coach, he is to emotional, emotion has caused us to lose alot of games over the years.........Houston Nutt was overly emotional on the field...need I say more?  And I wouldn't want Reggie for much of the same reason.
You guys are living in a bubble, c'mon.  I bet the anointed savior from the great NW has even uttered an expletive or two in his lifetime on the sidelines.
If you always think what you've always thought, you'll always say what you've always said.  If you always say what you always said you'll always do what you've always done.  If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got. Time for a change.  Change=BP WPS GHG

kfloamy

Quote from: opineonswine on December 08, 2007, 12:33:18 pm
This is not new news.  Both Will Muschamp and Norm Chow are possibilities.  No revelation there.

Not saying it's news that they are being considered.  But the source narrowed the list down to these two. Again...we've all seen how this stuff can turn on a dime.

The_Iceman

ark30inf

Quote from: qhhog on December 08, 2007, 02:18:10 pm
You guys are living in a bubble, c'mon.  I bet the anointed savior from the great NW has even uttered an expletive or two in his lifetime on the sidelines.

You need someone who can behave as a CEO when needed.  You need someone who can be emotional when needed.  In other words you need someone who is in control of it.

Make sure your coach is neither a nail-biter nor a statue.

bcdeputy

How about Muschamp as our Head Coach and either Malzahn or Rick Neuheisel as our OC? 

The Hawg Marshal

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Hoggle on December 08, 2007, 12:24:53 pm
How about Muschamp AND Chow.  Muschamp HC, making 1.5mm and assembling a team of top recruiters and assistant coaches and Chow making $1.0mm and running the offense.  Still cheaper than a $2.5mm HC and low level $200k OC.  If we really had any brains on the hill they would be working on something a bit innovative.  Chow gets to do what he's best at, make a lot of money, be recognized and the highest paid assistant in NCAA history and avoid the BS of being a HC.  Muschamp get a chance to show us how hungry and able he is as a HC.

Won't happen.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: bcdeputy on December 08, 2007, 02:41:32 pm
How about Muschamp as our Head Coach and either Malzahn or Rick Neuheisel as our OC? 

Won't happen.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

Hogdomer

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on December 08, 2007, 02:54:27 pm
Won't happen.

I agree. 

Why would Norm Chow, a current NFL offensive coordinator and respected coordinator of great college programs in the past, leave his current NFL job to be an assistant at Arkansas?

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Hogdomer on December 08, 2007, 03:02:44 pm
I agree. 

Why would Norm Chow, a current NFL offensive coordinator and respected coordinator and great college programs in the past, leave his current NFL job to be an assistant at Arkansas?

Anyone who continuse to keep thinking for one millasecond that ANY of these candidates would come be a DC or OC while we hire some other HC is delusional.

ark30inf

Quote from: Hogdomer on December 08, 2007, 03:02:44 pm
I agree. 

Why would Norm Chow, a current NFL offensive coordinator and respected coordinator and great college programs in the past, leave his current NFL job to be an assistant at Arkansas?

Come on, Norm Chow has been waiting patiently for decades for Reggie to become a head coach so he can go work for him.  Weren't you aware of that?

kfloamy

You understand that the original post isn't saying that they'd be here together with one being a coord.?? Want to make sure no one thought I was hearing that or saying that.

Idahog

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

razorsox

I agree completely about trying something innovative.  I have said similar things the past week.  No other school is doing something like this right now and we could be a trendsetter.  It could also be a way to control some of these outrageous salaries that head coaches are commanding.  Spread the money around and get a quality staff.  There are several combinations that could work I believe between Muschamp, Strong, Venables, Kiffin, Orgeron, and Malzahn.  Pick an offensive guy and a defensive guy and give the one that's not the HC 1 mil and lets get to recruiting the top talent in the nation.
The last thing we need is a bunch of rednecks running around with McFadden Cowboy jerseys.

BradyHolzhauer

Ok, now I have thought about it.
I don't want Chow as HC.
Muschamp for HC...and if there was some miracle way to get Chow as OC, then yes, I'll take it.
But, I think Muschamp can put together a good staff.
I hear he likes the spread, anyway.
-B

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: razorsox on December 08, 2007, 05:12:24 pm
I agree completely about trying something innovative.  I have said similar things the past week.  No other school is doing something like this right now and we could be a trendsetter.  It could also be a way to control some of these outrageous salaries that head coaches are commanding.  Spread the money around and get a quality staff.  There are several combinations that could work I believe between Muschamp, Strong, Venables, Kiffin, Orgeron, and Malzahn.  Pick an offensive guy and a defensive guy and give the one that's not the HC 1 mil and lets get to recruiting the top talent in the nation.

Good luck finding a sucker who would uproot his family when he's so close to making twice that as a HC.

Spiral_cut

In a word, yes...

Stella

Quote from: biggdaddyt on December 08, 2007, 12:53:38 pm

That is for sure!

Sir Hog Alot

This secenario is not going to happen!  Norm Chow does not leave NFL for Asst. Coach at the University of Arkansas.  Head coach maybe?  Asst. Coach never!  Unless, he is smoking crack these days.

gohogsgirl

anyone who doesn't cause me to down anti-anxiety pills (as though they are M&Ms) during the game would be fine with me :)

Razorbacking02

Quote from: PBD on December 08, 2007, 01:27:21 pm
Get Muschamp on The Hill.

I totally agree. Either him or Vunerables. Muschamp is a better fit since he has SEC ties. Muschamp for Coach!

CowHog

bkjacks

Now that is using your brain. I like that idea.

georgecolevet

Reggie cusses our 'own' players all the time????

and he coaches for us. 

SpiritHog

I believe Muschamp could be our answer.  Would he want to walk into this situation?
Non Illegitimus Carborundum

HOGPICKER

If you think Muschamp is a good HC prospect, I assume you would trust him to assemble a staff.  He's had a solid 12 year coaching career and has coached with and against a ton of coaching talent. I won't be disappointed to get him, and will be interested to see who he can/will hire.  Hopefully he'll hire an OC that will be able to attract position coaches that can evaluate/recruit and teach for his system.  I'm just glad to be rid of Nutt/Markuson/Shibest et al.
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."  Joe Theismann

The OptimistSwine

Quote from: bcdeputy on December 08, 2007, 02:41:32 pm
that's not how it works. MUSCHAMP (if hired) would pick his own assts. the second we force an assist on the new coach----SEE YA LATER!