Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I hope...

Started by Big Papa Satan, December 06, 2007, 08:45:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razordan

Apparently some people like to eat boogers!

The Marmot

Quote from: HogSophist on December 08, 2007, 12:09:41 pm
My point is that the "lists" we have seen may or may not be accurate. Gus may or may not be on many schools radar, you or i dont know, unless it is "reported". We have seen the accuracy of those in ESPN's scoop of miles to michigan, 40/29 on Grobe, and KNWA on Tuberville.

Why isnt Pete Carrol being listed for those schools you listed? Surely he is ready.

Point taken. Regardless, his name has not been on any candidate lists that I have seen, except for briefly on So Miss's list.

And I'm sure Pete's reps receive many calls every year to no avail. Everyone knows he's pretty content.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

The Hawg Marshal

Quote from: lchog on December 08, 2007, 02:38:29 pm
Uncle, Thanks for responding to my reply. Do you downplay the success of all coaches  or just Gus? Well, he won at Hughes, but I can name several others that did the same thing. Yes, he won at Shiloh, but it is easy to win there. Yes, he won at Springdale, but I can names 10 or 15 coaches that could have done the same thing. Yes, even after we all said that a high school coach can't possibly call plays in the SEC, he was named OC of the year. And please don't start that crap about everyone being unsure if he even called the plays or not, it was obvious that he called the plays up to S. Carolina. At that point Nutt was safe and knew it so he took over.
When he left for Tulsa everyone said " We will see just how good he is now with no SEC talent on the field" . Well, we did see, #1 offense in college football. So, what is your response now, " He is not ready". By the way, what exactly does that mean?
You speak of logic yet your only comeback is" he is not ready". You asked for evidence that he could field a good defense and I asked for evidence that he couldn't, I am still waiting for a reply. While you are at it please supply evidence that Muschamp or Venables or Chow could be a successful head coach. The fact that they have been assistants for several years is not evidence.
Awesome post . imo

Newcoachplease

im glad some of you are not my boss.

I would never get a promotion until i was 89 with 50 years of experience under my belt.

Its called taking a chance, a risk, not following the norm.

Good things happen when you take chances

SquealOrNoSqueal

Why has this discussion remained on the this board while all other coaching discussions are moved to the coaching search board? Does keeping it here in MMQ mean it's the "official" position of Hogville concerning Gus being the head coach?

SurfnSun

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on December 07, 2007, 10:25:35 am
It would: Why have a good number of people attached messianic-like qualities to a coach? 

We have a shot at coaches like Norm Chow and Bobby Petrino, and you want a guy with two total years of college experience.  If you want a psychiatric case study, then go right ahead and line up.

You're thinking short term. Two years from now, when an NFL team like the New York Giants or the San Francisco 49er's are looking for a new coach, Petrino and his history of interest in other jobs will more than likely leave Arkansas.

Norm Chow? Norm Chow is the equivalent of Norv Turner. Career assistant.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

ArkiePup

There is only one way to find out:  HIRE GUS!

Bulldogs@ the ville

Tim Horton has more experience, and he knows how to RECRUIT!  Some say that recruiting is the base to a GREAT program.