Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thursday's HEISMAN DISCUSSION thread [if it's about the Heisman, keep it here!!!]

Started by hawgtahm, December 06, 2007, 03:07:49 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tusky

if anyone is ever going to beat out DMAC for the heisman, or maxwell for that matter, i guess there is at least some comfort in knowing that it is someone that had to put up as impressive showing and stats as Tebow.  I totally disagree with it, but no reason to be an extremist tebow hater as he is obviously a helluva football player.   

still though, DMAC all the way.

fishes2000

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/awards
Look at the past winners of the walter camp award and the past winners of the heisman. Do they look the same? Look at the maxwell none of the heisman winners in that bracket.

Chief Mac

last player to win the Maxwell and the Heisman was Ron Dayne in 1999.

Since 1990, only two players that won the Walter Camp have NOT won the Heisman.  2002 Larry Johnson and 2003 Larry Fitzgerald.

Take those along with the fact that NO sophmore has NEVER won the Heisman, hopefully it bodes well for DMAC.  Couple that also with the fact that DMAC is only the second running back ever to win back-to-back Doak Walker awards.  The first was Ricky Williams who won the Heisman the year he won his second Doak Walker.
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

HawgBallLvr

WOW.. All we can do is hope.
2010 Liberty Bowl Champions!!

SpiritHog

Non Illegitimus Carborundum

tsturg8738

Grobe should have came for a few more days, then he could have accompanied DMac to NY

razorhog3

Chief Mac

Quote from: SPIRITHOG on December 06, 2007, 09:45:27 pm
heads or tails

I would say that there is a 80% or better chance that DMAC will win the Heisman based on history
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

chiefsfan

Quote from: tsturg8738 on December 06, 2007, 09:45:31 pm
Grobe should have came for a few more days, then he could have accompanied DMac to NY

Either Tim Horton or David Lee
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

nolt

killa3312

www.stiffarmtrophy.com is the best site for Heisman info out there. I think it's Tebow's to lose at this point.

antonio65

Quote from: tsturg8738 on December 06, 2007, 09:45:31 pm

No new coach should do that.

Nate-Hawg

Hope so. Although not always the case obviously. I would however like to put in ESPN's face cause they hardly mention his name in the heisman earlier. On PTI they talked about Tebow, Daniel, and Brennan and didn't even get to Mcfadden. Travesty I tell you.

BlueBox

I second the Felix should go.  He kept defenses from keying on him 100% of the time and him from getting 100% of the wear and tear.  On the negative of that is that if just part of Felix's yards had been Darren's Mr. Tebow wouldn't be talked about.

hogstorm

Quote from: GaRZRBCK on December 06, 2007, 09:46:21 pm
I would say that there is a 80% or better chance that DMAC will win the Heisman based on history
There is a 0% chance DMAC will win the Heisman. 

hogsfootball2008

Espn is endorsing Tebow because they are trying to fool all of us into thinking that a sophmore could win it and anybody could win it! I don't know if the heisman trophy award show is on espn, but if it is, they are trying to boost the ratings for it even higher by making it a closer competition. None of these other polls matter when it comes to the real Poll !They know that it won't happen! DMac will win and everyone knows it. If anything, the qb's will cancel each other out. No sophmore will take the trophy anytime in this century and maybe even next. If I am wrong, I will get on here and admit it, but not before. After all, I was criticized before hand when I predicted Arkansas to beat LSU, but that is a different story. GO DMAC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

razorhog3

usnavyhogfan

The dream is free, the journey is not.

HogsAllTheWayAllDay

December 06, 2007, 11:07:14 pm #120 Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 11:17:19 pm by HogsAllTheWayAllDay
I was looking at the past heisman winners earlier today, and although I know there are a few people, I did not notice anybody that had one the Maxwell AND Heisman

Maybe the Maxwell trophy(the less prestigious of the two) goes to the SECOND best player in the nation.

And the Heisman trophy(the most prestigious) goes to the BEST player in the nation.

Am I stating the obvious?

If so, feel free to let me know

If not, any thoughts?
\\\"When one door closes, another opens. But we often look so regretfully upon the closed door that we don\\\'t see the one that has opened for us.\\\" -Winston Churchill

hogmafia

Tebow won the Maxwell, so are you saying D-mac will win the Heisman.

WBChogfan

stronguard

December 06, 2007, 11:17:38 pm #123 Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 11:19:14 pm by stronguard
Florida is talking about Tebow 3 peating the Heisman. 

http://www.gatorsportsforum.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=2994683&sid=311be90368880f6f5ae9db5c523eef3d

Here's hoping he only has the opportunity to be a 2 time winner.

GO DMAC...you deserve the Heisman.

(didn't see the Heisman thread, move if it you must oh great and powerful Mods)
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.