Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

40/29 POLL... JIM GROBE.... YOUR THOUGHTS??

Started by Mark Lericos, December 05, 2007, 09:58:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Lericos

December 05, 2007, 09:58:22 pm Last Edit: December 06, 2007, 12:49:22 am by Mark [Scoop] Lericos
 Let's hear it Hogville!  Results tonight at 10.

http://www.4029tv.com/index.html

Toad Suck Pork

What kind of offense did WF run?  I honestly can't remember ever seeing them play.

I will be interested to see who his assistants are as well.

Feralhog

Quote from: Toad Suck Pork on December 05, 2007, 09:58:22 pm
What kind of offense did WF run?  I honestly can't remember ever seeing them play.

I will be interested to see who his assistants are as well.
We you think of Grobe, don't think offense, think D baby.
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

PaleHorse

Hog Database \ Arkansas Razorback Football History

BigArkyintheRock

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRjBhSsCP8g

Highlights from Wake's 2006 season, 11-2, ACC Champs, and trip to the Orange Bowl (BCS)!
And in the 10th year, the Razorback faithful finally fired Houston Dale Nutt! Preach this, brotha!

If you want to eliminate the mental mistake - FIRE HDN! WPS!

Mrsherm

3 yards and a cloud of DUST! Are you kidding me, you thought the coach that was FIRED's offense was bad. This guy's offense makes HDN's look like Mike Leach's.

THIS IS HORRIBLE

jpsand

They are almost 100% for Grobe.  That gives me at least a good feeling about the way he ran the program.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=192#s=192&f=1118

The_Iceman

Quote from: Mrsherm on December 05, 2007, 10:05:53 pm
3 yards and a cloud of DUST! Are you kidding me, you thought the coach that was FIRED's offense was bad. This guy's offense makes HDN's look like Mike Leach's.

THIS IS HORRIBLE

you make me laugh.

Oinkle Sam

I think you will find most college football pundits will say smart move by Arkansas. It was just a matter of time before a major football program gave Grobe a shot.

HoggusMaximus

For some of you people who are crushed because gus isnt going to be coach.....suck it up from what ive been reading on other boards this guy is a good coach I for one am happy with this guy whos with me?

The_Iceman

Quote from: Feralhog on December 05, 2007, 09:59:19 pm
We you think of Grobe, don't think offense, think D baby.

I don't mind some smashmouth D!

NMHog

Sorry.  I will support Coach Grobe, but I am definitely not excited.  It's sort of like waking up 30 minutes before the alarm clock goes off.
Debt is dumb, cash is king, and the paid-off home mortgage has taken the place of the BMW as the status symbol of choice. - Dave Ramsey

Pig_Lebowski

Albert Einswine

I'm all in.  Full support until given good reasons otherwise.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

hogblade

I'm not excited at all, but i will eventually support him, but I'm not gonna just brainlessly hop aboard just because John White and crew hired him.

leroyjenkins

Can we get the option of "well I mean it is not HDN" to vote on?

Feralhog

Home Run......I told you guys I'm usually optomistic. 
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

pignosticator

Quote from: BigArkyintheRock on December 05, 2007, 10:02:47 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SRjBhSsCP8g

Highlights from Wake's 2006 season, 11-2, ACC Champs, and trip to the Orange Bowl (BCS)!

I cant believe I just took 3 minutes out of my life to watch that. No offense to you Big Arky...Im just sour grapes.
Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football.

— John Heisman (1869–1936), legendary football coach for whom the Heisman Trophy is named

Feralhog

Quote from: Hogapalooza on December 05, 2007, 10:17:22 pm
Solid!  Great Hire.  I'll be very interested in the staff he hires.  Will he bring all his or get some new 1s?   Still, if he can Win at Wake, he will WIN here!
This isn't a dig against Wake either.  Their admission standards are second to only Duke.  Them winning the ACC is akin to Vandy winning the SEC.  Very Solid coach. 

GrantWalker

I still want Gus.  Any btw, didn't I read on hear where someone claimed to know BD personally and also his family and that person guaranteed BD was coming to AR?  Pseudo...something?? Rabies???

HatfieldHog

Good hire!  I was expecting some "football" school to take him from Wake last year, but he decided to stay, and got a hefty raise from it.  I'm cautiously very optimistic about this hire.  I think that he will be good for the state of Arkansas. 

Welcome to Arkansas Coach Grobe!

See ya
Give a man a fish, he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will spend all of his money on fishing tackle.....!

hawgfan101

I think this is a good hire. This guy has done some wonderful things, because Wake Forest has come from nothing 5 years ago. It will take him some time but he, IMO, will put together a solid team with SEC talent. I am just so giddy too see an offense with quality QB play for once. The future is bright here guys.....

Roger
Got Bobby?? Arkansas recruits do....

Jimmy

Wake Forest is a small (6,700) expensive ($34,000/yr tuition) private basketball school.  What he did there is enough for me to jump on the bandwagon. 

Hogphilia

December 05, 2007, 10:22:28 pm #24 Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 10:28:56 pm by Hogphilia
Rays of sunshine are just breaking in the eastern sky and are starting to shine on Razorback Nation ....A new exciting beginning...one that places a premium on INTEGRITY rather than lies and corruption...

Jim Grobe, the new leader of the Razorbacks will bring much needed respect back to Fayetteville.  Although incompetence still exists at Chancellor, I believe that Jeff Long will be able to keep John White at bay...

The journey has been difficult and we have come through very DARK DAYS with Li'l Abner and his MSM in charge...

But now is a time for the healing...if some want to remain in darkness with Abner, fine - join him in Oxford.

For the first time in about a year, I can with all good conscience and sincerity say GO RAZORBACKS!!!!!!!!!!!

RAZORBACK NATION:  ARISE AND WALK!!!!

Beware SEC and BCS...............A R K A N S A S   R I S I N G ! ! !

hogblade

Quote from: Feralhog on December 05, 2007, 10:20:15 pm
This isn't a dig against Wake either.  Their admission standards are second to only Duke.  Them winning the ACC is akin to Vandy winning the SEC.  Very Solid coach. 

it's actually more akin to Vandy winning the ACC which is quite possible. They won the ACC without beating anyone.

Donny2665

This life's hard, but it's harder if you're stupid.~George V.Higgins

Ignorance is a voluntary misfortune!~Nicolas Ling

Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.~Mark Twain

hogs7199

Quote from: Mrsherm on December 05, 2007, 10:05:53 pm

THIS IS HORRIBLE

Some will never be happy.  If the guy can turn Wake Forest into a winner, he has to be a heck of a coach.

The_Iceman

Grobe was also wanted by UCLA and Michigan.

Good Hire Long!

HogHillbilly

I'm still not convinced...........He will have to earn it with me
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

Scott E.

Quote from: NMHog on December 05, 2007, 10:13:44 pm
Sorry.  I will support Coach Grobe, but I am definitely not excited.  It's sort of like waking up 30 minutes before the alarm clock goes off.

My sentiments, exactly.

taintlint

Scoop, I "taintlint" normally stir the pot on this board and act like an annoying goof. Allow me to slip out of character for a moment and tell you how I feel...............

We could do worse but we could do better also. I'm not a Butch or Gus apologist but come on, Jim Grobe? Honestly? Would Gus not have provided 10 times the hope and excitement that we want? We hired this guy? JIM GROBE?!?! I understand that we are not USC, Texas, Florida, Ohio St., or LSU so I'm not expecting John Madden to step down from the booth but lets raise the bar a little. Grobe is a lifetime .500 coach. Good coaches win wherever they go. Grobe has consistently produced mediocre results and I expect the same here. Sad really. :(

Hogs4Ever

Welcome Coach Grobe and Go Hogs Go!!!   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

bcshog

hogsolutely

I have saw Wake Forest play they are very balanced Pass and run when needed stats on ESPN look real balanced I saw them on TV a lot last year looked like a real well coached team.

BradyHolzhauer

Quote from: taintlint on December 05, 2007, 10:25:52 pm
Scoop, I "taintlint" normally stir the pot on this board and act like an annoying goof. Allow me to slip out of character for a moment and tell you how I feel...............

We could do worse but we could do better also. I'm not a Butch or Gus apologist but come on, Jim Grobe? Honestly? Would Gus not have provided 10 times the hope and excitement that we want? We hired this guy? JIM GROBE?!?! I understand that we are not USC, Texas, Florida, Ohio St., or LSU so I'm not expecting John Madden to step down from the booth but lets raise the bar a little. Grobe is a lifetime .500 coach. Good coaches win wherever they go. Grobe has consistently produced mediocre results and I expect the same here. Sad really. :(

He won at Wake Forest.  11 win season, 6-0 on the road, BCS appearance, conference championship. They beat GTEch and Calvin Johnson to win the ACC Championship.
You do that at Wake Forest, you have my respect.
-B

hview

builder1

I am not excited at all,,, Im more depressed than anything.
Maybe I put more stock in the program than what it was worth, thinking and praying that we were about to blessed with a coach that could unite the state and give us the balanced offense needed to run with LSU and Auburn on a yearly basis.
Granted Houston could not develop a qb, or better yet had a hard time realizing the talent in front of him, ie Travaris Jackson. It does make me sick to think about.
Now on the other hand there was a division in the state after the "Mustain" incident. It does not matter if there was a faction against Nutt to get those kids to play or not. Fact is that there was a divison among the team, the coaching staff, and the state. Yet we the fans had something so special with Dmac and Jones that the national media picked up on it.
Needless to say that today when I heard the news I was some what let down. White and Long had a chance after the house cleaning to bring new blood and spirit to the program. I do not feel that this is the man for this. I might be wrong, afterall I am human.
This man might be the sound man needed to resolve the divison in the state but can he coach? Sure he won a ACC title, yes the BCS is nice, all of the other things are great too. The question in my mind is how long to "turn" the program around to his style and how long for the glorious Hogs to come alive and be restored the rightful place that they deserve which is winning and doing it right with style.

Sorry for the long post my fellow hog fans. Needed to express a little.

destinflhog

Looking at those poll results saddened me.  We hire a nationally respected coach and over 40% of the responses were negative.

We should be happy and excited but yet a large majority are unhappy.

If you aren't happy with this hire, then you may be who they thought you were.

Pitiful.

nahnahrenee

Solid hire, not the Home Run I was hoping for.......
:razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback::razorback:

HogHillbilly

I'm on the fence with this one............Right now I'm just not convinced this was a great hire

I wanted Nutt gone.............I wanted a splash Coach for once in 15 years

Tell me why this is a Great Hire...........
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

baconbits256

The poll looks like it is staying around 44% of the 'not sure's' and 'no way's, If the BAC is concerned about butts in the seats....this sure doesn't look like the hire they should have made.

BradyHolzhauer

Quote from: Wyld_Hawg on December 05, 2007, 10:33:11 pm
you need to be fricken banned for that.

I thought I could never get out of it, rofl

Arkiebrian

Sounds to me like the limited minds here don't know of the incredible accomplishments of Jim Grobe.  He is a home run any way you look at it.  I'm as happy with this selection as I would have been with any of the rumored names before.

hogblade

Attendence will drop when we only win 3-4 games next year.

destinflhog

Palehorse should be banned and his account terminated immediately.

Does anyone know if that was a virus that needs removed or are we ok.

I still can't get the damn thing closed.

bartonbear

I am against this hire AT THIS TIME...

However, I want Jim Grobe to prove me wrong. I have calmed down since I first got this news and have decided to get behind him and see what he can offer our program. I hope our great state and fans can once again come together in the same way. Whether you are for or against this hire let's at least give it a chance. It may not be what we all wanted, but it's what we got. Let's rally behind our new coach and our Hogs once again.

Come on Hog fans, let's stand up, & Call Those HOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ThisLittlePiggie

This will be a defense/special teams coach first and foremost. Closest hire to Tuberville we could have gotten. I'm more than satisfied. Nutt is nothing but a bad memory and Coach Grobe is a real sleeper.

nlrhog#1

If he is so awesome then why is he not at USC , Florida , LSU or any other big time program.

taintlint

Quote from: BradyHolzhauer on December 05, 2007, 10:29:22 pm
He won at Wake Forest.  11 win season, 6-0 on the road, BCS appearance, conference championship. They beat GTEch and Calvin Johnson to win the ACC Championship.
You do that at Wake Forest, you have my respect.
-B

Brady I know you will know to take what I say lightly and not personally.

I'm just not real happy about this guy.

How did he manage to lose to Nebraska? Isn't he a tad old for rebuilding a program? How did he get blown out by Clemson? If he is so great, why is he 8-4? Does he have ANYTHING going for him other than ONE (1) season of note? Why is he .500 over his life (Don't most coaches coach talent on par with its competitors)?

Sounds like we went after a "nice guy" with experience.