Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

An organized smear campaign that would make a politician blush

Started by pseudorabies, December 04, 2007, 10:59:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ThisLittlePiggie

Quote from: HillbillyRazorback on December 04, 2007, 11:16:22 pm
they hate him since he has class and doesn't act like a little baby (Nutt)

They hate him because Malzahn is a real football coach and Nutt is a used car salesman charading as a football coach.

nychog

Quote from: pseudorabies on December 04, 2007, 10:59:27 pm
There are rumors coming from every direction regarding Malzahn and his status with the Golden Hurricanes.  So, let’s just get right to it.  Malzahn has not resigned, been fired, left the team, or been branded as not being a team player.  Gus, his daughter and most of the coaching staff are all in NYC with Paul Smith at an award banquet right now and all are having a great time together.

How did these rumors get started you ask?  Some of the same people who slandered his and the Springdale kids names are at it again.  They can’t stand, even the remotest of chances, that Gus gets the nod to be Head Hog.  They know if he comes back, there will be a reckoning for all the crap they put him through last year. 

Some tell me, there was at least one prominent person telling others at the Broyles Award that Gus had been "fi-yud"!  Are these people so stupid to think that others will believe what they say without looking into the validity of the rumors?  Apparently so, because these rumors seemed to spread as fast as the rumors of Diana Nutt telling posse members she wanted to beat Beck with a 2x4…….oh, I forgot those weren’t rumors, that really happened.  Well you know what I mean.  Just look at the boards known for being more than fair to Nutt to see what I mean. 

Gus may or may not end up being the head coach.  He certainly has more support from the BOT than I thought he would.  I personally wish we could get him after a couple more years but if it had to happen now, I could live with it.  It could be worse, we almost ended up trading the number one guy who holds the record of being the longest tenured head coach without a BCS appearance for the number two longest tenured……..well hell, now that Nutt is gone and some smart people blocking the Bowden hire, Tommy moves up to the number one spot.   Congrats Clemson fans. 

To be honest, alot of came from this board.....saying he was resigning to take the head coaching position here.

free-to-an-opinion

Look, sorry, but I don't want Gus.  I didn't "bash" him last year.  I'm new here, kinda, so you need to know I wasn't a Nutt supporter.  But I do feel that the whole Springdale vs. U of A stuff fell equally on the shoulders of all participants.  

Kilgor

Quote from: free-to-an-opinion on December 05, 2007, 03:13:20 pm
I do feel that the whole Springdale vs. U of A stuff fell equally on the shoulders of all participants. 

Then you didn't pay attention.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

Demaghog

The fact that the all the people bringing down Razorback athletics hate Malzahn is a good reason to hire him.  Playing nice won't work with these people.  The more we give in, the more they demand.  I hope we hire Gus to send them a clear message to STFU (and he is a good coach.)  Playing nice with bullies doesn't work, you have to stand up and punch them in TEH FACE.

Everyone laughed at us for hiring Gus at that beginning of last season, but then we won the SEC West.  Something tells me they won't be laughing for long if we hire him for HC.

I hope White and Long realize that hiring Gus would go a long way towards stabilizing Razorback athletics.  Sure, it seems a little counter-intuitive.  There would be a period of unrest, but in the long run it will silence the haters, especially when Gus starts winning.

OKhogfan1959

Quote from: free-to-an-opinion on December 05, 2007, 03:13:20 pm
Look, sorry, but I don't want Gus.  I didn't "bash" him last year.  I'm new here, kinda, so you need to know I wasn't a Nutt supporter.  But I do feel that the whole Springdale vs. U of A stuff fell equally on the shoulders of all participants.  

You just failed to believe what really happened. Gus and Mitch saved Nutts job and then Nutt stabbed both  right in the back!

All of the Springdale vs Nutt was the fault of Nutt.

madduckdog

I say hire him and let the pack turn on him.

it would get ugly like watching ratts eat their young.

free-to-an-opinion

Obviously I paid more attention than most.  The only one who handled themselves with class was Damien Williams.  Gus, I will admit, didn't stir the pot as much as BC, MM, and HDN, but the pot was still stirred.

Oh yeah, I forgot, I've also got family working in the Athletic Program, so I guess I get to hear more of the story than ya'll do.  Should I speak of how Gus went to complain because Reggie wouldn't call the plays he wanted in practice?  Who's the DC?  Was it Gus?  No!  Why should the defense NOT learn plays because Gus didn't like them?  Gus is talented, but another oversized ego is NOT what the University needs right now.

I think the UA, student athletes, and fans deserve the best.  I won't settle on less.

HOGPICKER

Smear campaign?  Are you suure that's what is happening.  Organized maybe, but smear campaign?  I haven't seen or heard anything that I would say is a smear tactic against Gus.  Misinformation maybe.  Hey, if they are really out to get you, it's not paranoia.
"Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."  Joe Theismann

Nashville Fan

December 05, 2007, 03:39:24 pm #159 Last Edit: December 05, 2007, 04:34:33 pm by Nashville Fan
Quote from: free-to-an-opinion on December 05, 2007, 03:35:09 pm
Should I speak of how Gus went to complain because Reggie wouldn't call the plays he wanted in practice?  Who's the DC?  Was it Gus?  No!  Why should the defense NOT learn plays because Gus didn't like them?

You mean when Reggie kept calling blitzes and broke CD's back? Yeah GM was way off there.
Pittman or Bust!

Demaghog

Quote from: HOGPICKER on December 05, 2007, 03:36:15 pm
Smear campaign?  Are you suure that's what is happening.  Organized maybe, but smear campaign?  I haven't seen or heard anything that I would say is a smear tactic against Gus.  Misinformation maybe.  Hey, if they are really out to get you, it's not paranoia.

Didn't you notice all of the "Gus was fired." lies on the boards the past few days?  Ask yourself how that spread so fast.  It came from the top and was dutifully spread by all of the gus haters/nutt huggers.

Theolesnort

Quote from: BeoPig™ on December 05, 2007, 02:15:26 pm
I just want a proven NCAA HC or a OC/DC that has been at a proven winning BCS school for a few years.  I want Gus in about 2-3 years.  I would not cry if we got Gus now but I think there are better coaches to be had at this current time.
Like Who? Sixty something years ago this Country was in a pickle. Gen Marshall FDR's military right arm who was a brilliant man himself could not go to Europe. So what did he do for a Commander? He found a little known extremely bright smart Lieutenant Colonel and promoted him over hundreds of more experianced senior officers. Why? Because he saw the potential. The rest is history and proved to be a event that had a effect on the world. Coaching football is not a earth shaking event nor is it quantum physics. So now who do you think is brighter and smarter or has more organizational skills with attention to detail than Gus Malzahn in the football world. If you know I would like to meet him and I hope he is our next hire.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

The NewEra

Obviously I paid more attention than most.  The only one who handled themselves with class was Damien Williams.  Gus, I will admit, didn't stir the pot as much as BC, MM, and HDN, but the pot was still stirred.

Oh yeah, I forgot, I've also got family working in the Athletic Program, so I guess I get to hear more of the story than ya'll do.  Should I speak of how Gus went to complain because Reggie wouldn't call the plays he wanted in practice?  Who's the DC?  Was it Gus?  No!  Why should the defense NOT learn plays because Gus didn't like them?  Gus is talented, but another oversized ego is NOT what the University needs right now.

I think the UA, student athletes, and fans deserve the best.  I won't settle on less.

Interesting....Why didn't you call out Williams dad in this post.  You felt comfortable calling out BC's?

You have family working in the Athletic Program?  That explains your post.

Won't settle for less than the best?  You have been doing that for the past 10 years.

You wouldn't have been a die hard Nutt supporter would you?

madduckdog

some of you folks need to get over your man crush on Gus

if you love some one set them free sting

if they come back to you it is true love. that foren guy on that air plane show.

Bucksnort

How about a banner . . . . "We Told You So - Welcome Home Gus!"

macgyver hawg

Should I speak of how Gus went to complain because Reggie wouldn't call the plays he wanted in practice?  Who's the DC?  Was it Gus?  No!  Why should the defense NOT learn plays because Gus didn't like them?  Gus is talented, but another oversized ego is NOT what the University needs right now.

Like when Reggie Herring kept sending a blitz?  You and I both know Reggie was being a jerk.

He also got Casey Dick hurt in practice with his blitz package.

kirk

If Nutt was given 10 years Gus should at least get that long. All this talk about not enough experience to make contacts to hire a first rate staff is BS. I'm not very impressed with the staff that was here for the previous regime. Sunshine pumper admitted quite some time ago that the reason Gus has never said anything about is treatment while at UA is that he would never have a chance to coach here again if he were to spill the beans.

Hoggish1

Please clarify: Did you think when Damien said "I'm not gonna be a part of this."  that he was talking about both sides?  I mean, do you think he might have believed Mitch had a hand it this someway, perhaps provoking the emails and his shoe issue, among other rough and uncalled for treatment in '06 ...?  Did White come in for any criticism, when he failed to heed the plea of a mother, of did Damien think she could have overstepped her bounds and may have been wrong to reach out to White?

Feralhog

Quote from: Theolesnort on December 05, 2007, 03:41:25 pm
Like Who? Sixty something years ago this Country was in a pickle. Gen Marshall FDR's military right arm who was a brilliant man himself could not go to Europe. So what did he do for a Commander? He found a little known extremely bright smart Lieutenant Colonel and promoted him over hundreds of more experianced senior officers. Why? Because he saw the potential. The rest is history and proved to be a event that had a effect on the world. Coaching football is not a earth shaking event nor is it quantum physics. So now who do you think is brighter and smarter or has more organizational skills with attention to detail than Gus Malzahn in the football world. If you know I would like to meet him and I hope he is our next hire.
Bing friken O
Seer, Sage, Soothsayer and former Computer repairman for Hunter Biden......Feralhog the Magnificent

MuskogeeHogFan

Damien did show class. Instead of actually saying what was wrong and revealing all the negative crap inside the program, he bailed and transferred. Can't blame him. And what he actually said whe leaving was, "there are things going on here that I don't need to be a part of". I wouldn't be calling him for any references on how he thought the program was being run.

As for Reggie and the defense(you've got family inside the athletic department?) they run schemes and perhaps stunts(not plays). I can see where Gus would be upset if he was trying to get some things taught on offense and needed a particular scheme or stunt ran and Reggie, being uncooperative(I mean, he didn't have to show cooperation or respect because he knew Nutt didn't care about Gus anyway after he signed the Springdale kids and saved his job), kept running what he wanted to just to be the jerk we have all come to know that he is. Yeah, why should he cooperate with the Offensive Coordinator? It's not like they are ont he same team or anything. Well, at least that is how Nutt felt and you can bet that clear message was conveyed to the assistant coaches as well.

And then there is the shoe thing, and the email thing, and the Code Red thing, none of which seem to matter to anyone like you. Yeah, gee, why shouldn' the most highly recruited freshman QB in the history of Arkansas football put up with that unecessary b.s.? I meangeez, who does he think he is? Someone that lead the team to 8 victories or something?

And you want to discuss oversized egos? I am surprised that HDN and Herring, with the size of their collective egos, could get in the same room with each other at the same time. Meanwhile, after all the "high school" b.s. that Gus had to put up woith from HDN and Reggie, did he spout off about them when leaving here and tell the world why he was REALLY leaving? No, he showed class and left with his mouth shut and it remains shut today. He won't even discuss it.

You need to take those rose colored glasses off my friend and try to give back that swampland that the BAC, Broyles and Nutt and Herring have sold you.
Go Hogs Go!

unahogger

bunch of hypocrites. This board spread rumors like a whore with Aids over the past 6 months.
I could care less if Gus gets hired, wouldnt really oppose it.   Hogville will get its just reward.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: unahogger on December 05, 2007, 06:27:58 pm
bunch of hypocrites. This board spread rumors like a whore with Aids over the past 6 months.
I could care less if Gus gets hired, wouldnt really oppose it.   Hogville will get its just reward.

Please, expound. Tell us more, Mr./Ms. Positive
Go Hogs Go!

jfb4ever

OKhogfan1959

I could care less if Gus gets hired, wouldnt really oppose it.   Hogville will get its just reward.

What? I think you missed the bus to Oxford! What an idiot.

Yak rug

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on December 05, 2007, 06:19:26 pm
Damien did show class. Instead of actually saying what was wrong and revealing all the negative crap inside the program, he bailed and transferred. Can't blame him. And what he actually said whe leaving was, "there are things going on here that I don't need to be a part of". I wouldn't be calling him for any references on how he thought the program was being run.

As for Reggie and the defense(you've got family inside the athletic department?) they run schemes and perhaps stunts(not plays). I can see where Gus would be upset if he was trying to get some things taught on offense and needed a particular scheme or stunt ran and Reggie, being uncooperative(I mean, he didn't have to show cooperation or respect because he knew Nutt didn't care about Gus anyway after he signed the Springdale kids and saved his job), kept running what he wanted to just to be the jerk we have all come to know that he is. Yeah, why should he cooperate with the Offensive Coordinator? It's not like they are ont he same team or anything. Well, at least that is how Nutt felt and you can bet that clear message was conveyed to the assistant coaches as well.

And then there is the shoe thing, and the email thing, and the Code Red thing, none of which seem to matter to anyone like you. Yeah, gee, why shouldn' the most highly recruited freshman QB in the history of Arkansas football put up with that unecessary b.s.? I meangeez, who does he think he is? Someone that lead the team to 8 victories or something?

And you want to discuss oversized egos? I am surprised that HDN and Herring, with the size of their collective egos, could get in the same room with each other at the same time. Meanwhile, after all the "high school" b.s. that Gus had to put up woith from HDN and Reggie, did he spout off about them when leaving here and tell the world why he was REALLY leaving? No, he showed class and left with his mouth shut and it remains shut today. He won't even discuss it.

You need to take those rose colored glasses off my friend and try to give back that swampland that the BAC, Broyles and Nutt and Herring have sold you.

You might have added that a consequence of Herring ignoring GM's request for not blitzing in one of the spring practices in 2006 was that Casey Dick got his back hurt and wasn't available as the backup for last year's USC game, thus ensuring that MM wouldn't be redshirted.

hoggeek

I can see that if there were ever a bipartisan Hogville gathering, we'd have to engage some off-duty policemen for security...

Hogs-n-Roses

Link/Source(reliable)

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Yak rug on December 05, 2007, 07:50:13 pm
You might have added that a consequence of Herring ignoring GM's request for not blitzing in one of the spring practices in 2006 was that Casey Dick got his back hurt and wasn't available as the backup for last year's USC game, thus ensuring that MM wouldn't be redshirted.

That's why I have you. :) Thanks for the assist.
Go Hogs Go!