Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

May be old news...97.1 Sports Animal in Tulsa says

Started by kneecap10, December 04, 2007, 06:44:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgFan25

Quote from: secfan30 on December 04, 2007, 08:02:16 pm
Yeah if he was Coach for the Bowl Game I hope we would put "Half a Hundred" on Mizzo! Man I am getting goose bumps, but cautiously so.
If we hire a coach before the bowl game, it would not be really fair to have them coach the bowl game.  No way in hell you can coach a team that you were introduced to a few weeks prior.

Banners-r-gay

Silver Hog

Quote from: HawgFan25 on December 04, 2007, 08:08:23 pm
If we hire a coach before the bowl game, it would not be really fair to have them coach the bowl game.  No way in hell you can coach a team that you were introduced to a few weeks prior.

What about the team that has been using your plays all season long already???

HawgFan25

Quote from: swisshog on December 04, 2007, 08:12:27 pm
What about the team that has been using your plays all season long already???
touché

hoggeek

Quote from: HawgFan25 on December 04, 2007, 08:15:58 pm
touché

I'm sorry, I'm somewhat interested in what might happen with Gus here, but come on: if we were using his plays all season long, why aren't we 12-0? You can't have it both ways.

I'm all for an intelligent analysis and thoughtful support for someone, but there was too much emotion in some of the Hugger's blind support of HDN and there's too much emotion in some of the haters blind support of Gus.

snoblind

Why are folks who want Gus so convinced he would come?  At this point it wouldn't bother me if he did although I wonder about his ability to bring good assistants (most of whom would have been college coaches longer than him).  But I have heard that he has no desire to return to Arkansas and wouldn't blame him at all.  I know Nutt is gone.  I would think there still be hard feelings.

The Pig Lebowski

Quote from: hoggeek on December 04, 2007, 08:18:37 pm
I'm sorry, I'm somewhat interested in what might happen with Gus here, but come on: if we were using his plays all season long, why aren't we 12-0? You can't have it both ways.

I'm all for an intelligent analysis and thoughtful support for someone, but there was too much emotion in some of the Hugger's blind support of HDN and there's too much emotion in some of the haters blind support of Gus.

The reason we went 4-4 is we did NOT use those plays all season long, only at the end!
"Avoid irritation"

HawgFan25

Quote from: snoblind on December 04, 2007, 08:18:50 pm
Why are folks who want Gus so convinced he would come?  At this point it wouldn't bother me if he did although I wonder about his ability to bring good assistants (most of whom would have been college coaches longer than him).  But I have heard that he has no desire to return to Arkansas and wouldn't blame him at all.  I know Nutt is gone.  I would think there still be hard feelings.
I thought about this last night as the announcers on the bball game talked about the assistant that Pel has.  The old black guy that used to coach MSU.  I don't think it is too crazy to think that Gus could get coaches that have been around longer than he has.

DooDahman

December 04, 2007, 08:30:06 pm #58 Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 08:32:22 pm by DooDahman
Quote from: HawgFan25 on December 04, 2007, 08:24:00 pm
I thought about this last night as the announcers on the bball game talked about the assistant that Pel has.  The old black guy that used to coach MSU.  I don't think it is too crazy to think that Gus could get coaches that have been around longer than he has.
Good point, "old black guy" = Rob Barnes and he coached at ole miss. He also recruited Ark. well.

whostolemyhogs

This is a rediculous thread. Some of you idiots need get off of message boards. You don't have enough sense to breathe. Of course Gus says he's still at Tulsa. He is. But if any of you are stupid enough to believe that he would turn the Arkansas job down there is no hope for you.
He has not been offered the job. The resigning rumors were started by people in the BAC who were actually telling people that Gus got into a big fight with a big wig in Administration at Tulsa. Like that story would hold up. There is no end to the 5th grade behavior at the BAC.
If Gus gets offered the job he will be in Fayetteville in a heartbeat. He already has his staff lined up.

davis01

Quote from: whostolemyhogs on December 04, 2007, 08:30:58 pm
This is a rediculous thread. Some of you idiots need get off of message boards. You don't have enough sense to breathe. Of course Gus says he's still at Tulsa. He is. But if any of you are stupid enough to believe that he would turn the Arkansas job down there is no hope for you.
He has not been offered the job. The resigning rumors were started by people in the BAC who were actually telling people that Gus got into a big fight with a big wig in Administration at Tulsa. Like that story would hold up. There is no end to the 5th grade behavior at the BAC.
If Gus gets offered the job he will be in Fayetteville in a heartbeat. He already has his staff lined up.
This is 100% accurate.

davis01

snoblind

Quote from: HawgFan25 on December 04, 2007, 08:24:00 pm

Good point.  That actually crossed my mind last night.  What we sometimes forget that there are always some pretty good coaches that might be out of the game at the moment, but would jump at a position if they thought it was a good fit.

jasonf

secfan30

Quote from: DooDahman on December 04, 2007, 08:30:06 pm
Good point, "old black guy" = Rob Barnes and he coached at ole miss. He also recruited Ark. well.

Yes he did, beat us with a lot of players that Coach Richardson would not give a 2nd look to.

Semper Hogelis

"It just messes ya up"
Quote from: swisshog on December 04, 2007, 07:28:22 pm
Gus is good at mixin dem words. Confuzed Nutt so much he had to fire him!
I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....