May be old news...97.1 Sports Animal in Tulsa says

Started by kneecap10, December 04, 2007, 06:44:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kneecap10

BrokerHawg

Quote from: kneecap10 on December 04, 2007, 06:44:28 pm
Gus has decided to stay at Tulsa.

Best News I heard all Day!
He is staying somewhere more than one season!!!

Hoggy1

You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

Hawg_Heaven

Until the new coach is hired and in place, all bets are off on people staying where they are.

HogHillbilly

I don't believe anything that ANYONE says right now.............
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

Golfer

pigmania

Quote from: BrokerHawg on December 04, 2007, 06:48:21 pm
He is staying somewhere more than one season!!!
By your post count, I hope you stay here for more than 1 week.

Soooie21

If they have offered or do offer the hc job he is gone..

slopinhogs

win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: kneecap10 on December 04, 2007, 06:44:28 pm
Gus has decided to stay at Tulsa.

Yeah and on 1430 The Buzz out of Tulsa they said the rumors are strong and that no offer has been officially extended so it would be premature to say what Gus will do.
Go Hogs Go!

Silver Hog

Quote from: Golfer on December 04, 2007, 06:54:51 pm
Prove to us that they are wrong, oh wise one.

Watch this space.  I am in the know on this one.

HawgFan25

I have reason to believe that 97.1 will change their tune soon.

The_Iceman

"I've not resigned at TU," Malzahn said late Monday night. "I'm happy to be the offensive coordinator at TU and excited about the future."

doesnt sound like a man who is not going to leave.

lockmaster

HawgFan25

Quote from: The_Iceman on December 04, 2007, 07:02:55 pm
"I've not resigned at TU," Malzahn said late Monday night. "I'm happy to be the offensive coordinator at TU and excited about the future."

a certain freshman running back from a certain Arkansas high school would beg to differ.

brewhawg51

Quote from: swisshog on December 04, 2007, 07:00:50 pm

Are you saying he's staying, or going swiss?
Don't lick stuff on the sidewalk

KYPigSooie

Quote from: HawgFan25 on December 04, 2007, 07:05:18 pm
a certain freshman running back from a certain Arkansas high school would beg to differ.

Please elaborate for those of us who are ignorant (I do live in Kentucky, so ignorance is normal).

Golfer

Is it a 'done deal' and can we 'take it to the bank'?  My you sure get news fast in Colorado Springs. lol

Silver Hog

Quote from: brewhawg51 on December 04, 2007, 07:07:06 pm
Are you saying he's staying, or going swiss?

My money says he comes to wear the red and white very soon.

COWPOKENHAWG

I am pretty sure that Gus would take the HC job if it was offered to him, its about a 1.3 million dollar pay raise.
"This your bush, you king of the forest"

gumby013

Quote from: HawgFan25 on December 04, 2007, 07:05:18 pm

Ooh, now we are getting blind items.  How Us Weekly of you...

HawgFan25

Quote from: KYPigSooie on December 04, 2007, 07:08:15 pm
Please elaborate for those of us who are ignorant (I do live in Kentucky, so ignorance is normal).
I am not going to throw anyone under the bus (no pun intended), but check Tulsa's roster.  

I know this is going to sound like the other fools, but I know a kid at Tulsa that says Gus resigned from Tulsa.  Take it or leave it, that is what I am told.

RocknRollRazorback

December 04, 2007, 07:11:31 pm #24 Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 07:13:30 pm by RocknRollRazorback

actually, i think i understand your double negatives ;)
"You're no rock and roll fun! Like a party that's over before it begun. You're no walk in the park- more like a shot in the dark with clues left for no one."

pfrg999

No... What he said was, "I am is the OC at Tulsa and I am looking forward to the future"
Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

gumby013

Quote from: HawgFan25 on December 04, 2007, 07:11:25 pm
I am not going to throw anyone under the bus (no pun intended), but check Tulsa's roster. 

I know this is going to sound like the other fools, but I know a kid at Tulsa that says Gus resigned from Tulsa.  Take it or leave it, that is what I am told.

Charles Clay for those who don't follow...

GWFan

Silver Hog

Quote from: pfrg999 on December 04, 2007, 07:12:11 pm
No... What he said was, "I am is the OC at Tulsa and I am looking forward to the future"

Gus is good at mixin dem words. Confuzed Nutt so much he had to fire him!

MuskogeeHogFan

Gus has mastered "coach speak". There is nothing there that says he is not leaving.
Go Hogs Go!

Shakey

I've not = I have not

I have not DOES NOT EQUAL I will not

I'm happy = I am happy

I am happy DOES NOT EQUAL I am not going anywhere

jkelly107

hawgnedmond

Actually, they were just reporting what the other media outlets were saying about Malzahn.  No new news.  One of the guys later said he had heard Arkansas was interested in Malzahn.

bcdeputy

Quote from: pigmania on December 04, 2007, 06:55:37 pm
By your post count, I hope you stay here for more than 1 week.

Why does the silly post count mean so much to some people on this board?  IT DOESN'T MEAN A THING ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU KNOW ABOUT FOOTBALL OR ANYTHING ELSE FOR THAT MATTER.

HawgFan25

I think it is clear that whether he is coming home or not, he will not be at Tulsa by next week.

MCheisman

Good decision Gus, you know you are not ready for it. Love to have you down the road...

davis01

Just because he is leaving doesn't mean he's coming here

Hawg_Heaven

Quote from: bcdeputy on December 04, 2007, 07:37:22 pm
Why does the silly post count mean so much to some people on this board?  IT DOESN'T MEAN A THING ABOUT HOW MUCH YOU KNOW ABOUT FOOTBALL OR ANYTHING ELSE FOR THAT MATTER.

It is because we have what is known as "drive by huggers". They come in and pop off at the mouth and after 15 posts or so, they are never heard of again. That is why post count is looked at like that.

HawgFan25

Quote from: Hawg_Heaven on December 04, 2007, 07:39:53 pm
It is because we have what is known as "drive by huggers". They come in and pop off at the mouth and after 15 posts or so, they are never heard of again. That is why post count is looked at like that.
They are never heard of again because they get banned.

Urgh

By the way, if he is leaving Tulsa, it won't be to come here.  Several other much bigger name schools are after him and he is after them.  I can't say where, but Mitch and Damian are a clue. 

Urgh

It is still possible, but things would have to be in a little better condition than they are.......

HawgFan25

Quote from: Urgh on December 04, 2007, 07:48:21 pm
By the way, if he is leaving Tulsa, it won't be to come here.  Several other much bigger name schools are after him and he is after them.  I can't say where, but Mitch and Damian are a clue. 
lol.

Urgh

Not funny, I am serious actually!  Mods can verify source.  There are ongoing  discussions and nothing may come of it, but it's true right now.

secfan30

I hope you are right, the more I think of Gus as the Coach, the more I want next football season to start.

Dugann

what ever dude. /sad
quote author=BrokerHawg link=topic=185288.msg2869242#msg2869242 date=1196815701]
He is staying somewhere more than one
season!!!
[/quote]
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

Silver Hog

Quote from: secfan30 on December 04, 2007, 07:54:51 pm
I hope you are right, the more I think of Gus as the Coach, the more I want next football season to start.

Don't forget the bowl game, this season is NOT over!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Urgh on December 04, 2007, 07:48:21 pm

It was hard for Gus to leave Arkansas just to go to Tulsa, I have a hard time believing that USC is going to let their OC go or get away.
Go Hogs Go!

Urgh

I didn't say that.  I said several big name programs are after him and HE is after several of them.  I also didn't say in what capacity.

secfan30

Quote from: swisshog on December 04, 2007, 07:59:33 pm
Don't forget the bowl game, this season is NOT over!

Yeah if he was Coach for the Bowl Game I hope we would put "Half a Hundred" on Mizzo! Man I am getting goose bumps, but cautiously so.

hawgrev

It's just like all the other drama.  No one really knows what it taking place.  It is all guessing.  When we get close to knowing...the people on the hill take us a different direction.