Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

You want the truth.....Believe me, you can't handle the truth

Started by pseudorabies, December 03, 2007, 08:00:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

big john

there is a buy out on Bowden to 2 mil so if we spend that plus 2.5 to get him that 4.5 mil for Bowden were getting the bad end on this hole dill. >:(
john goodwin

JBoroHog

Bowden is Nutt II but with more integrity and less ego. We'll have a mediocre offense, mostly running with a versatile qb who can't pass much. We'll win between 6 and 9 games yearly and no championships. But he probably won't lead the band nor call Chuck "brother".

Let's get Venables or Malzahn and stop this 3-ring circus. I'm ok with an "up-and-comer". I refuse to let the experience with Nutt make all young charismatic coaches with little or no head coaching experience be ruled out.

In fact, Venables or Malzahn excite me more than anyone we have considered.

gilndoc

Quote from: ArmLancestrong on December 03, 2007, 08:12:48 pm
So, Long+Bowden=Broyles+Nutt?

This just pi$$es me off.  Welcome 10 more years of mediocrity! *&R&$*&$&&&#@^%*^#@*&(*)(*&%%)(*&%)&(*%)(*&%)(&)(&%*%&)(*$*&*&

doc53

Tommy Bowden? Are they taking revenge on us for our dislike for HDN's coaching? We go through all that pain and suffering.... for Tommy Bowden? How many ACC championships has he won? How many BCS bowls has he been to? Zero for both? How many times has he nearly been fired from Clemson?
I was THERE for the Pooch Kick

Nashville Fan

Psuedo - what you post makes sense.

Why would Long, who used Neinas Search Firm for every hire in the past, not hire a search firm this time.

Answer - He already has his man. If he already has his man...

why has he not been announced?
Option 1... He is still coaching. That leaves NFL and Tressel or Miles or thier assistants. Both Not Likely.
Option 2.... Money men are not buying his man.

Since state money only pays a small portion, RF makes up the bulk of the salary. Someone on the RF board is not liking the options. Maybe Frank and Jim are not the evil bast@rds they have been made out to be... Definately makes you go hmmmmmmmmmm and cuse a little.
Pittman or Bust!

ArkyinMD

I live on the east coast and see Clemson play on TV fairly often.  They are not particularly exciting to watch. Looks like they are middle of the pack in offensive statistics.  Don't see how this is much of an upgrade...

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

Well I would love to see Gus as the head guy, but I don't think he would ever return to take the OC job that he was just run out of.   I would love to see him on our side line in whatever capacity it takes to get him.
Let's make some waves.

huntindoc

Quote from: Nashville Fan on December 04, 2007, 09:47:54 am
Psuedo - what you post makes sense.

Why would Long, who used Neinas Search Firm for every hire in the past, not hire a search firm this time.

Answer - He already has his man. If he already has his man...

why has he not been announced?
Option 1... He is still coaching. That leaves NFL and Tressel or Miles or thier assistants. Both Not Likely.
Option 2.... Money men are not buying his man.

Since state money only pays a small portion, RF makes up the bulk of the salary. Someone on the RF board is not liking the options. Maybe Frank and Jim are not the evil bast@rds they have been made out to be... Definately makes you go hmmmmmmmmmm and cuse a little.

I vote option #2.

hd

Tulrazorback

Whataboar™

First, Marie Osmond gets the hook on "Dancing with the Stars" and now this?
Could things get any worse?
Calgon take me away ... please.
"Daddy. When you and mommy first met, did you love yourself first or did mommy love you first?'' _ our then 7-year-old daughter.

RocknRollRazorback

Quote from: hoggeek on December 04, 2007, 09:01:49 am
I have NO sources, but just a couple of thoughts:

We have spent lots of bandwidth praising the job Jeff Long has done so far. Let's hold off until we have an official decision before we conclude that he's an idiot. Consider this possible scenario:

Bowden is friends with Long. Long needs a big name coach but it doesn't appear to be happening. Bowden's on the hot seat with his fans almost as much if not more than Nutt was here (see their message boards; it's almost like they're using HSV's database with a search/replace macro "Nutt >> Bowden").

Phillips appears to be willing to give Bowden the benefit of the doubt, but Bowden would like to improve his chances. Long is thinking he might have to bring in Gus but knows it might continue the fan base fracture.

So these two friends cook up a deal where Long helps Bowden with his negotiating, and Bowden helps Long by being the token "sure thing" hire, knowing our rabid fans (who no doubt read the Clemson message boards) would cry foul and maybe even say, "I'd take GUS over Bowden" (even the Gus-haters might say that, he thinks).

Bowden gets his raise and guarantee from Phillips, and gets to come back in 2008 and enjoy the fruits of his excellent recruiting class, and Long gets to introduce an unproven coordinator to sighs of relief from the majority of the fan base. Everybody wins and Long is a genius, although we'll never know why he was a genius until he writes his memoirs.

Don't say "source?" or "link?" because I just made all that up. But it makes at least as much sense as some of the other drivel put out there, and at least you can say I'm bumping my post count with something other than "nm" or "Hire Gus!"

i wish this were the case. i've got all my fingers crossed at least. unfortunately the trend seems to be one of missed opportunities when it comes to the hill, and not a lot has been done to dispute that. the only bright spot to come of the disorganization/stinginess/GOBN/whatever has been Pelphry, who i like a lot.
i'll just keep waiting till i hear the official word, then i'll wait some more for it to really become official.
in the meantime, here's a fire tommy bowden myspace page - http://www.myspace.com/fire_tommy_bowden. if you just read the "About Me" section, you will see that that we have Clemson doppelgangers... i.e., Bowden huggers vs. darksiders and a split fanbase.
could this really be our "solution"??
"You're no rock and roll fun! Like a party that's over before it begun. You're no walk in the park- more like a shot in the dark with clues left for no one."

ASUHog

Look,
You darksiders got what you wanted.  Nutt is gone.  All of these coaches you keep mentioning as candidates do not want the job apparently.  I hate to say it but Bowden is probably as good as it is going to get.
Like most I can remember the post Hatfield years when there was nothing to get excited about.  We may not have made it to a BCS bowl under Nutt, but at least we were good enough to get excited about the possibilities.  I am very worried we are headed back to people just not caring.

hoggeek

Quote from: RocknRollRazorback on December 04, 2007, 10:01:02 am
i wish this were the case. i've got all my fingers crossed at least. unfortunately the trend seems to be one of missed opportunities when it comes to the hill, and not a lot has been done to dispute that. the only bright spot to come of the disorganization/stinginess/GOBN/whatever has been Pelphry, who i like a lot.
i'll just keep waiting till i hear the official word, then i'll wait some more for it to really become official.
in the meantime, here's a fire tommy bowden myspace page - http://www.myspace.com/fire_tommy_bowden. if you just read the "About Me" section, you will see that that we have Clemson doppelgangers... i.e., Bowden huggers vs. darksiders and a split fanbase.
could this really be our "solution"??

I was reading a Clemson forum and it was very deja-vu. That was one of the points I was trying to make.

I only get called "brilliant" on here in the Trash Can. I may camp out there instead of MMQB; I like my ego stroked almost as much as HDN.

CountryBoar

Quote from: razorbackgal on December 04, 2007, 09:30:48 am
Here's what I find funny....the Foundation has enough money to hire Carroll, Saban, Spurrier and any other big name coach at the same time! This reminds me of a little 'ole lady who has money but chooses to use a space heater rather than turn on her heat because it would cost her more money. Fork out the dough and get this program back on track!

unfortunately, that little ol' lady ends up dying when her house burns down! should've bought the damn heater.

RocknRollRazorback

Quote from: hoggeek on December 04, 2007, 10:09:37 am
I was reading a Clemson forum and it was very deja-vu. That was one of the points I was trying to make.

I only get called "brilliant" on here in the Trash Can. I may camp out there instead of MMQB; I like my ego stroked almost as much as HDN.

trash can hero?

nah, keep posting in MMQB
"You're no rock and roll fun! Like a party that's over before it begun. You're no walk in the park- more like a shot in the dark with clues left for no one."

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Quote from: ASUHog on December 04, 2007, 10:06:46 am
Look,
You darksiders got what you wanted.  Nutt is gone. 

We may not have made it to a BCS bowl under Nutt, but at least we were good enough to get excited about the possibilities. 

Seriously, no offense but...I just DON'T understand this kind of mentality.  Where do you people come from?  How do you live with such a "we're poor Arkie" attitude?  How could you POSSIBLY GET EXCITED ABOUT ANYTHING DALE HAS DONE?

It's pathetic, plain and simple.  I've seen fans like you at games and talked to many of them and all I feel is compassion and pity.  It must really suck to have that kind of outlook.
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

ASUHog

I could be excited about a possible Heisman candidate and a Bowl game against a border school who had a shot at the national championship.  Now I am just depressed.  Are you excited NowShavin'?

Hogs-n-Roses

bigredhog7

They have been saying on ESPN all day that Tommy Bowden REJECTED Arkansas and decided to stay at Clemson and they are going to pay him 2.2 million....forgot how many years. The thing about it that makes me mad is the REJECTED part!!!!!!

ruger

Arkansas is serving as a  tool for raises and extensions at other schools by their HC's.

RazorBassin

Quote from: ruger on December 04, 2007, 07:10:35 pm
Arkansas is serving as a  tool for raises and extensions at other schools by their HC's.

Seems to be the case.  Good enough to get people raises, but not good enough to commit to.