Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

You want the truth.....Believe me, you can't handle the truth

Started by pseudorabies, December 03, 2007, 08:00:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pseudorabies

You think Tubberville turned the job down?  Wrong, you can't turn down something you were never offered.  It was explained to me that when they started discussing this with Sexton, Sexton gave them a figure.  White and others were trying to come up with a way to raise the money.  It was discussed raising ticket prices $10 which would generate somewhere around $5MM, but it seems that is as far as it went.  Nothing was put into action and Tubby was never offered anything.  Had they listened to the players of old, figured this out, and made a reasonable offer to Tubby, I have very little doubt he would be on campus tonight.

Butch was offered the job several times, but politely turned it down because of his bout with cancer.  He doesn't want to commit to something he might not be able to finish.  He knows he has about 4 to 5 years of good coaching that he can do and if his cancer comes back he wants to be able to walk away and spend time with his family.  Had Arkansas offered the job to him before he went to UNC, he would be the coach here now.

All other candidates Long has "interviewed" have been fluff.  They haven't targeted anyone really other than Bowden who Long is friends with.  Its like they went through this thing in a haze or drunken stupor.  No real plan of how Long was going to find someone to replace Nutt.  Gus was interviewed and several of the BOT would give the nod if that is what had to happen but that would be a worst case scenario. 

So here we are, Long decides Bowden is the best we can do, maybe all along.  He has contacted the BOT individually wanting them to sign off.  More than a couple have not given their blessing on this union.  So, where do we go from here?  This is what is being decided as I type this out.

seb2000

If you give it up, then I'll buy it...where does this come from and how do you know this? Blue stars for me signal insight, so what say you?

Hog-I

OMG.  Can this get any worse?  I was just starting to trust that Long was doing the right thing and carefully considering a breadth of candidates, but Tommy Bowden is his choice?  I'm gonna cry.

Mick Hogger

If Butch only sees 4-5 years of coaching ahead, what difference does the one year make? As long as he had an asst capable of taking over if needed, not sure why he wouldn't take this job since it's obvious he's needed.
Quote from: forrest city joe on Today at 10:06:10 am
ok i get you. but do you have to post it over and over and over and over? and for the 100th time. Mike is going to be coach here no matter if you like it or not.

razorbacker80

Pseudo... thanks for filling in the blanks. 
What about Kiffin? 

RazorNoles

DCHawg

Quote from: Mick Hogger on December 03, 2007, 08:04:54 pm
If Butch only sees 4-5 years of coaching ahead, what difference does the one year make? As long as he had an asst capable of taking over if needed, not sure why he wouldn't take this job since it's obvious he's needed.

Seems like a perfect timetable for Gus; bring him on as the O-Coordinator and then he could take over once BD retires.

Houston h

Bowden has been under the gun at Clemson since his second year on the job.  He is a name only, not a good coach.  He ranks behind both his father and brother in coaching no how.  OMG, please let someone else make this decision.........these people are idiots!

Demaghog

So I guess Lericos is wrong?  Or we are getting Malzahn?

Calling All Hogs

Will they use Gus again to cover up the incompetence of the head coach? Will Gus be offered the OC spot under Bowden
in hopes of getting the fans excited about a bad hire at the top spot?

BA Hogwild

The game of life is a lot like football. You have to tackle your fears,block out your problems,and score your points when you get your opportunity

NuttSu

Quote from: pseudorabies on December 03, 2007, 08:00:08 pm
You think Tubberville turned the job down?  Wrong, you can't turn down something you were never offered.  It was explained to me that when they started discussing this with Sexton, Sexton gave them a figure.  White and others were trying to come up with a way to raise the money.  It was discussed raising ticket prices $10 which would generate somewhere around $5MM, but it seems that is as far as it went.  Nothing was put into action and Tubby was never offered anything.  Had they listened to the players of old, figured this out, and made a reasonable offer to Tubby, I have very little doubt he would be on campus tonight.

Butch was offered the job several times, but politely turned it down because of his bout with cancer.  He doesn't want to commit to something he might not be able to finish.  He knows he has about 4 to 5 years of good coaching that he can do and if his cancer comes back he wants to be able to walk away and spend time with his family.  Had Arkansas offered the job to him before he went to UNC, he would be the coach here now.

All other candidates Long has "interviewed" have been fluff.  They haven't targeted anyone really other than Bowden who Long is friends with.  Its like they went through this thing in a haze or drunken stupor.  No real plan of how Long was going to find someone to replace Nutt.  Gus was interviewed and several of the BOT would give the nod if that is what had to happen but that would be a worst case scenario. 

So here we are, Long decides Bowden is the best we can do, maybe all along.  He has contacted the BOT individually wanting them to sign off.  More than a couple have not given their blessing on this union.  So, where do we go from here?  This is what is being decided as I type this out.
Damn... what a cluster , Bowden isnt going to cut it.

Oliver

Quote from: pseudorabies on December 03, 2007, 08:00:08 pm

Yep, sounds like the University of Arkansas Athletic Department.

Arkapigdiesel

If none of you are in an outrage over this, then start following your favorite gymnastics team.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

hog_fan

Quote from: Demaghog on December 03, 2007, 08:08:08 pm
So I guess Lericos is wrong?  Or we are getting Malzahn?

Even if we offer Bowden doesn't he mean he has to take it

Dugann

super info Pseudorabies super stuff.  Paints a true Picture IMO.  great stuff bro. :razorback:
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

TXrazorback

Frick me with a cat of nine tails.

I hate this crap!!!!  I really don't want Bowden.
Quote from: Hawg Balling on December 04, 2012, 03:59:08 pm
According to Hogville, fantasy offense and passing 80 times a game wins championships.

PLAYBOAR

So you're saying Long is offering the job to his friend instead of the most qualified (Tuberville) and he's going to explain this how?

He WILL be held accountable for this hire.
Hey Ref, does your wife know you're screwing us?

Oliver

Quote from: PBD on December 03, 2007, 08:11:07 pm
If none of you are in an outrage over this, then start following your favorite gymnastics team.

Oh, I'm outraged...just not surprised.

ArmLancestrong

Hogberry Snortcake

The Hawg Marshal

Sao Ming

So all this Gus interview mess is merely because we are caught completely unprepared and without contingencies. 

Man, lots of thought has gone into this hasn't it?  Can't get Butch...oh well, maybe Gus Malzahn will do it whether ready or not.  We'll settle.

Nicely played U of A.  Nicely played.

Darksider for life.

ridgeback

NuttSu

If Long hires Bowden,someone needs take him behind the woodshed,tie him up, and give him 100 lashes with a wet squirrel.

RazorNick

Did they not offer TT because they did'nt want to spend the money?

hawgfan_18

well i'm officially depressed. this makes me sick how everyone involved in our damn athletic department is mentally incapable of carrying out any action.  they screw absolutely everything up. this makes me want to curse and break my own property

ArmLancestrong

weresoclose

How about this:  LOWER the ticket prices 10 bucks and Hire Gus on the cheap.  

redhog01

Boy you guys would believe anyone that posts in this place............Like a bunch of sheep being lead to slaughter...

flamar

This is bull darn not one person on this gossip circle knows a fu!!ing thing, or has a clue of the things that are going on.  :puke:

proffitthog

Ex-Trumpet

Pseudo, you generally are spot-on...but, I'll believe we have decided on a coach when they all suit up this spring!!

Lots of info has come out of the BAC this year; and, some of it has actually been true!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

scaldedhog

So really did Bowden not turn us down flat when he left Tulane to go to Clemson?  I think we could do without a coach and let a player coach and do as well as the last moron did.
Make Arkansas Football great again

Sao Ming

Quote from: hawgfan_18 on December 03, 2007, 08:16:11 pm
well i'm officially depressed. this makes me sick how everyone involved in our damn athletic department is mentally incapable of carrying out any action.  they screw absolutely everything up. this makes me want to curse and break my own property

I'll pay you 10 bucks if you let me come over and break everything you have. 

hirebutchdavis

Pseudo!  How in the hell did we get Long?  Where did he come from?  How was his name brought up?  Does anyone know?  I know White hired him, but how in the hell did we hire this man if this is the case.  ITS NOT WHAT YOU KNOW ITS WHO YOU KNOW.

RazorNick

Quote from: redhog01 on December 03, 2007, 08:17:39 pm
Boy you guys would believe anyone that posts in this place............Like a bunch of sheep being lead to slaughter...

Why don't you set us straight then? What is the real truth?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Hog-fan-in-mizzou on December 03, 2007, 08:15:58 pm

I wouldn't spend that kind of money on TT either!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

porkNjeans

Quote from: hog_fan on December 03, 2007, 08:11:13 pm
Even if we offer Bowden doesn't he mean he has to take it

Always something to hope for, I guess.

kyhog

Jim Donnan was asked about Bowden to Arkansas rumors and said he called Bowden and asked him about it.  He says Bowden returns 20 starters next year and Donnan didn't think he would leave.  Bowden told him that he and Long were friends and he would listen to what Long had to say.  I think that is coachspeak for "I'm interested."  I sincerely hope it doesn't work out. 

I am not sure Gus is ready to be a HC in the SEC, but I much prefer him to TB.

David Brent

Quote from: PBD on December 03, 2007, 08:11:07 pm

I'm not saying this is inaccurate, but there is no way I'm getting outraged over another "this is how it has gone down" post.  Not one has been correct yet.

This may prove to be 100% accurate, but until I know that for sure, it's no better than all of the other posts that have been dead wrong over the past week.  I respect the mods and the information they bring, but there are just too many versions of the story floating around for me to completely buy into any of them.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Sao Ming on December 03, 2007, 08:18:12 pm
I'll pay you 10 bucks if you let me come over and break everything you have. 

My deductible is higher than $10!!

PLAYBOAR

Hey Ref, does your wife know you're screwing us?

Hogs4Ever

What a utter and complete cluster.  I swear the keystone cops could manage the program better than these clowns.   :puke: :puke: :puke:

Sao Ming

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on December 03, 2007, 08:20:16 pm
My deductible is higher than $10!!

I didn't say it would be equitable.  It's all about the therapetic value.

;)

pseudorabies

Quote from: Hog-fan-in-mizzou on December 03, 2007, 08:15:58 pm

It was decided by someone that TT was too expensive.

RazorNick

TX HOG

Butch has 4-5 great years to turn our program around!!!!!!

Money?  We can't hire big time because of money?  WTH!!!  We have tons of money.  That makes no sense, I don't understand any of this.  Makes no sense!!