Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If TT is not coming (which it looks like he isn't)

Started by Hogginitall, December 01, 2007, 11:37:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jamie72921

Quote from: Hogginitall on December 02, 2007, 12:45:10 am
Still nothing.  That's surprising...

Surprising, that's gotta be something.

Your list is still crappy.
Bless your heart

centarkswine

bradleyvoyak

Quote from: Joe on December 02, 2007, 12:45:33 am
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: With the exception of Kiffin, your list of wannabe coaches on the major D-1 level amuses me. Why in the world would we go back to Boise State? That ship sank the first time around and, no we will not look at him. The rest are very good coordinators, however, they will NOT unite this divided fanbase and will lead to further divide. We need and will hire a NAME coach that will get the fans back on the same page and get the Razorbacks on the road to a NC!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

i am not so sure about that. just cuz nutt is from boise state doesnt mean that noone good can come from there. Peterson i s going to be a great coach, but i am not sure he would be the best fit for us. i dont know why eveeryone is so high on kiffin. he has barley any hc experience and he is 3-8, not that anyone could do anything with the raiders. but turner gill as a canidate for any program is a joke. he still doesnt have a winning record

Hogginitall

Quote from: Joe on December 02, 2007, 12:45:33 am
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: With the exception of Kiffin, your list of wannabe coaches on the major D-1 level amuses me. Why in the world would we go back to Boise State? That ship sank the first time around and, no we will not look at him. The rest are very good coordinators, however, they will NOT unite this divided fanbase and will lead to further divide. We need and will hire a NAME coach that will get the fans back on the same page and get the Razorbacks on the road to a NC!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

I agree.  This was not my original list.  My original list would've been one more like this:

1.  Butch Davis---already signed an extension, appears to not be coming
2.  Kiffin---made comments that he's not interested in the job
3.  Tuberville---Auburn offer on the table, reports saying he's not coming
4.  Mullen
5.  Wilson

hogfanindawgland

Could Gill be one of the two black coaches we supposedly interviewed? I assume Strong is one, but what about the other? Gill, Singletary, Phillips?

Hogginitall

Quote from: jamie72921 on December 02, 2007, 12:47:17 am
Surprising, that's gotta be something.

Your list is still crappy.

And your responses are still crappy.

maxhog79

What about David Lee? He is an ALL PRO teacher and personally took Romo to the pro bowl.  He has an pro style offense and took casey Dick to the cotton bowl.  Casey gets better every game he plays against a terrible offense. The games against Kentucky, Tennessee,Auburn and Tenn Chat dont count because he had things on his mind and the others team defense was too good.  Also the receivers dropped balls.  

chortle

The fact that all other threads regarding TT coming are removed and this thread stating that he isn't is very telling.

BradyHolzhauer

Quote from: chortle on December 02, 2007, 12:52:24 am
The fact that all other threads regarding TT coming are removed and this thread stating that he isn't is very telling.

Because the guy stated it was an opinion that TT wasn't coming, not that it was fact.
The only thing anyone knows for sure right now is that we'll know soon. 
My source, which I can promise you is very close to the situation, says tomorrow.
-B

The OptimistSwine

he's not the HC type. he's going to ole piss anyway.

Hogginitall

Quote from: BradyHolzhauer on December 02, 2007, 12:54:29 am
Because the guy stated it was an opinion that TT wasn't coming, not that it was fact.
The only thing anyone knows for sure right now is that we'll know soon. 
My source, which I can promise you is very close to the situation, says tomorrow.
-B

Yeah, that's just my pessimistic opinion.  I have no sources saying one way, or the other.  Just looks like he's not coming to me.

Darren DeLoach

i am no gill fan, but the only advantage gus would have over him would be recruiting base.

if the "big two", fall through.

and i was jeff long.

i would go to kiffin, tedford, kelly, peterson, petrino, strong, mullen, and then gus.

this is not a rip on gus, i just put a lot of stock in having a more extensively tenured coach either on the collegiate or pro level.

i really hope he(gus) has an oppurtunity as the head man at a small school or that he would be invited to join arkansas' next staff.

if a current head coach is not hired, it would be great to have a charlie strong-hc/gus malzahn oc/and say someone like doc holiday from florida or rocker from ole miss as our dc.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

hogchic2001

Quote from: chortle on December 02, 2007, 12:52:24 am
That breaking news shot is too much!
Go HOGS Go!

BradyHolzhauer

Quote from: Hogginitall on December 02, 2007, 12:56:02 am
Yeah, that's just my pessimistic opinion.  I have no sources saying one way, or the other.  Just looks like he's not coming to me.
It's up in the air IMO.
AU's AD, Jacobs, has not given in to what TT wants in his contract.  For that reason, things are looking good for UA.
-B

blkynarkfan

So Brady, in your opinion is TT coming or staying at AU ??

GWFan

Quote from: maxhog79 on December 02, 2007, 12:52:08 am
What about David Lee? He is an ALL PRO teacher and personally took Romo to the pro bowl.  He has an pro style offense and took casey Dick to the cotton bowl.  Casey gets better every game he plays against a terrible offense. The games against Kentucky, Tennessee,Auburn and Tenn Chat dont count because he had things on his mind and the others team defense was too good.  Also the receivers dropped balls.  
WOW!  Why hasn't David Lee's name even been mentioned???

BradyHolzhauer

Quote from: blkynarkfan on December 02, 2007, 12:57:12 am
So Brady, in your opinion is TT coming or staying at AU ??

In my opinion? Coming.
But I can't back that up with anything...that's my gut.
And the fact that things are not going well with his contract negotiations at AU do help me form that opinion.
-B

GWFan

December 02, 2007, 12:59:06 am #67 Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 01:08:01 am by GWFan
Quote from: BradyHolzhauer on December 02, 2007, 12:57:08 am
It's up in the air IMO.
AU's AD, Jacobs, has not given in to what TT wants in his contract.  For that reason, things are looking good for UA.
-B
Brady, your gonna be a sports editor one of these days for a real paper, I can just see it.  You write with such command.  And only 18.

-30-

chortle

Quote from: BradyHolzhauer on December 02, 2007, 12:57:08 am
It's up in the air IMO.
-B

The big hangup for TT was the reduction in his buyout. And he got that lowered to $4MM.

http://www.al.com/sports/birminghamnews/index.ssf?/base/sports/1196500588146160.xml&coll=2

BradyHolzhauer

The big hangup also includes more money for his assistants and an indoor practice facility.
-B

ashleyswine

Quote from: semohawg on December 02, 2007, 12:56:36 am
i am no gill fan, but the only advantage gus would have over him would be recruiting base.

if the "big two", fall through.

and i was jeff long.

i would go to kiffin, tedford, kelly, peterson, petrino, strong, mullen, and then gus.

this is not a rip on gus, i just put a lot of stock in having a more extensively tenured coach either on the collegiate or pro level.

i really hope he(gus) has an oppurtunity as the head man at a small school or that he would be invited to join arkansas' next staff.

if a current head coach is not hired, it would be great to have a charlie strong-hc/gus malzahn oc/and say someone like doc holiday from florida or rocker from ole miss as our dc.
i wouldn't want Tedford--just look at what's happened to Cal this year--and with Longshore, Desean Jackson and Justin Forsett at that. Great coaching job he did, huh?

Hogginitall

Do you people still think my list is stupid?  Does it look like we're in a position to get someone better than ANY of the 5 on my list?

Hogginitall

You can even add Venables, Strong, and Muschamp to that list.  Those would ALL be good hires, in my opinion.  And it looks as though we're not going to get a coach with experience.  So, let's get someone with huge upside possibility!