Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fan Interest in a NIT game

Started by Porquemada, March 10, 2005, 08:54:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

If the Hogs play a NIT game, will you watch or boycott?

Watch
13 (30.2%)
Attend
7 (16.3%)
Boycott
23 (53.5%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Porquemada

hognelson

I'd watch, not sure why though.

SardisHog

If they play I will watch because I care for the Hogs but playing would be more of a determent to all the players.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."<br />- Robin Williams

Porquemada

Damn, I misspelled "play". Guess it's appropriate the was they play.

RebelliousHog

Better choice for the poll would be:
watch
attend
not watch

I may not watch, but I don't think of it as a boycott.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Slacker

Well, of course I would watch. Razorback games to me are like a light to a moth. However, I don't think it's in the teams best interest IF they are invited to play. It's obvious they're ready to pack it in for the year.

OklaU

I have never noticed the NIT, except on sportscenter.  I am sure the local stations - sports brief will fill us in on ALL the details.
"Just because you had the last word, doesn't make it anymore true."

RebelliousHog

QuoteIt's obvious they're ready to pack it in for the year.
Agreed. I haven't watch the team all that much this year as opposed to earlier years. I watched quite a bit of this game and well................it wasn't pretty. There is a need for a GOOD outside shooter/zone buster, but even in the paint ,they didn't shoot well. It's as if that if they can't make a layup or dunk it's a weak attempt for a shot.

Frankly, I think they should skip the NIT. What money they may make will be offset by the embarressment and recruiting problems that may result if they lose.

Just my humble opinion.   
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Doug

Quote from: Pork'n Beans on March 10, 2005, 08:58:29 pmDamn, I misspelled "play". Guess it's appropriate the was they play.
No worries, fixed.  :)
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Porquemada

HogInMemphis

I'd love to see them play in the NIT. I could win some more $ betting against them! Go Hogs!

maniax22bolts20

Anyone for Dickey Nutt vs. Stan Heath in the NIT ? I mean we can't melt down as a state more anyway.  Let it beee. Let it beee. Let it be Let it  be.  Or as certain supports might cheer- Hercules! Hercules!

Hoggam's Razor

I'll watch.........but I won't like it.
I hate it when people complain.

3kgthog

Imagine the teams the Hogs could lose to should they perform a miracle and manage to get an NIT bid. You might have UAB, or ASU, or UALR, or SMS.   It could be fun to watch the fans turn on the players and coaches should they lose at home to any of those teams.

WilsonHog

If Steve Shields can coach zone defense, Heath might want to rethink the NIT.

JFB would NOT be amused by a loss to UALR.

NuttsSacked

Quote from: maniax22bolts20 on March 10, 2005, 09:21:54 pm
Anyone for Dickey Nutt vs. Stan Heath in the NIT ? I mean we can't melt down as a state more anyway. Let it beee. Let it beee. Let it be Let it be. Or as certain supports might cheer- Hercules! Hercules!

I'm praying for that matchup and a loss.  The sooner this program hits rock bottom the better.

RebelliousHog

And no matter who we play, they'll zone us to death.

heathshogs

I'll be there (assuming it's a home game). I've been to every home game starting with the last postseason NIT appearance. But honestly, I'm not sure why I'd go if the team is going to give up like they did last night.
A ticket is not permission to be entertained. It's a license to go to work.--Hognoxious