Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Are the Hogs Heartless or Talentless?

Started by ReturnToDynasty?, March 10, 2005, 07:33:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ReturnToDynasty?

I dont know which it is.  Are we  heartless or talentless?  Either way it makes me want to throw something watching us play.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Fatty McGee

Quote from: bigpigpimpin on March 10, 2005, 07:36:46 pm
ronnie brewer-1st team all sec
darian townes- freshman all-american candidate
steven hill- leading shot blocker in the sec
famutimi- high school all american

need I say more?

here is your answer

Now Famutimi's failure is Heath's fault?  Because he's given him TOO MUCH time on the court?
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Brett Hitman Hog

they have all the talent in the world ... No Olu isn't entirely Heath's fault .. a lot of that is in his head.

NuttsSacked

Fatty, are you on crack??  When a high school All-American arrives on campus, who's responsible for DEVELOPING that talent?

El Dog Hog

Fatty McGee

Quote from: NuttsSacked on March 10, 2005, 07:45:40 pm
Fatty, are you on crack?? When a high school All-American arrives on campus, who's responsible for DEVELOPING that talent?

What has Heath not done with Famutimi? 

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

Fatty McGee

They've probably never done a single drill in practice on either.  You're right.

CarolinaHog1176

just shotless right now...  oh, and zone offense-less
WOOOOO PIG SOOIE

NuttsSacked

Quote from: Fatty McGee on March 10, 2005, 08:00:17 pm
Quote from: NuttsSacked on March 10, 2005, 07:45:40 pm
Fatty, are you on crack?? When a high school All-American arrives on campus, who's responsible for DEVELOPING that talent?

What has Heath not done with Famutimi?

What has Heath not done with all of his talent?  And they are talented.  IT'S CALLED COACHING AND PUTTING THEM IN A POSITION TO WIN!. 

As much as I hate Nolan, I guaran-damn-tee you this team would have won 23+ games under his tutelage.  Too bad he couldn't have recruited them.

Fatty McGee

Are you watching tonight's game?  Do you see the good looks we are missing?  What else do you want him to do?  The SEC won't let him shoot the ball for them.

Many of your complaints are exactly the same as the early complaints of Nolan.  And he had a couple NBA players on his second  team.

El Dog Hog

V B Porkers

Fletch

I think Heath has recruited great talent. Either they will be a lot better under Heath next year or they will be better under someone else after that. Either way, we will get better.
I feel like $100

Kevin

Fletch

I feel like $100

El Dog Hog

The TV guys seem to think we always play hard. They gave us some props at the end of the game.

Kevin

how is he going to recruit with everyone knowing it could be his last year.  no player will touch us.

3kgthog

A PG will not solve this team's problems.  The problems lie much deeper than one position.  They have shown zero heart, they don't defend, they can't shoot and some of them aren't buying into the team concept. 

V B Porkers

With all this great talent we could not score 50 points aginst this piss ant team unbelievable

Fletch

Nobody outside of some posters on this board believes he won't be here.
I feel like $100

SardisHog

To answer the question asked in the thread title we are heartless. Coaching has not gotten them out of their funk. This team needs to stay home, a couple of weeks of practice at this point is counter productive. BTW FIRE Stan.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."<br />- Robin Williams

Theolesnort

Can't dribble can't shoot can't rebound can't defend can't block out can't attack a zone defense. Looks a lot worse than than needing a point guard. Did I miss anything? The reality of the situation is really simple they need some good coaching that would give them a heavy dose of confidence. It's that simple but from the looks of tonight no one will believe that . They want to scratch the whole team and start over. I see talent with no direction.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

El Dog Hog

So dont practice, and then fire the head coach............... Wow, that makes us alot better for next year. maybe we should let you be head coach or AD with that great vision you show for us.

Method Ham

Even a marginally better showing next year is the nail in the coffin for this program....
OUR PRIORITIES ARE ALL MIXED UP IN THIS STATE.  WE HOLD OUR ATHLETIC COACHES MORE ACCOUNTABLE THAN OUR ELECTED OFFICIALS.

SardisHog

A team that practices at this point will gain nothing. Unless Stan learns something about coaching and handling young men before next season expect more of the same. I can only see one out NEW coach, one with experience this time.
BTW FIRE Stan
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."<br />- Robin Williams

Theolesnort

Seriously, if they is a high profile coach leting someone know he is available do you think Frank might move? Anyone? I felt sorry for Heath tonight he looked almost helpless and panic stricken.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

hogband6

I'm gonna say this team is heartless right now.  I'm ready to see players again who want to wear the hog on their jersey and actually show some pride.  Like they said on "The Replacements", you need heart to win...and I didn't see any tonight.

ReturnToDynasty?

Jefferson - talentless (worst I can ever remember, Enskov was better)
Townes - young (on some possessions, heartless)
Hill - young (short on talent)
Thomas - talentless
Brewer - tired (shoulders hurting from carrying team)
Modica - heartless
Ferguson - talentless
Jones - talentless
Sullivan - talentless (but tons of heart, love this guy)
Famutimi - ??? all american in high school but now  - heartless?

junkyardhog

Quote from: ReturnToDynasty? on March 10, 2005, 07:33:31 pm
I dont know which it is. Are we heartless or talentless? Either way it makes me want to throw something watching us play.

Coachless.

Pick 5 names out of hat on our team and give them to Bobby Knight. They WOULD have gotten into the NCAA!!

Jim Harris

Quote from: Hogs86 on March 10, 2005, 08:05:05 pm
has not taught him to dribble, pass

A McDonald's All-American comes to a campus ready to dribble and pass.
Derek Hood came to Fayetteville able to dribble, pass and rebound.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

junkyardhog

Quote from: hawgjowl on March 10, 2005, 08:51:05 pm
Seriously, if they is a high profile coach leting someone know he is available do you think Frank might move? Anyone? I felt sorry for Heath tonight he looked almost helpless and panic stricken.

There is no way in hell Frank can even THINK about hiring anyone else. Not till Nolan's 5 years is up!!  And Heath won't resign, he would opt out of his gurantees that way. We're stuck!!!!

Amityvillehogger

March 11, 2005, 09:28:15 am #33 Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 09:35:08 am by Amityvillehogger
Quote from: ReturnToDynasty? on March 11, 2005, 08:59:16 am
Thomas - talentless
Modica - heartless
Ferguson - talentless
Jones - talentless
Famutimi - ??? all american in high school but now - heartless?

You must be a real great athlete, HUGE HEART, and can do it all huh, but you have no brain thats obvious....

You have no idea what these guys went through this year, with ole numb nutts thats scared to raise his voice on the sideline.  These guys showed flashes, but i promise you, you wouldn't be talking like this if we had a good coach on the sideline.  These guys have talent, no matter what you think you know.  They just lacked the things it takes, like COACHING...

I think they have pride, but what do you play for when stans on the sideline...he obviously didnt know anything about hog tradition cause he didnt even know what the hog call was before he came. 

To call the talentless and heartless explains why your posting on this board, and their playing for the hogs..
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Theolesnort

Amityvillehogger

I dont think its right to call them talentless, especially not heartless....everyone had already given up on them on this board anyway....really, what were they playing for, the NIT?  How often do teams run the table in the tourney?
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

PorcineSublime

Quote from: drakehog on March 11, 2005, 09:11:56 am
Quote from: Hogs86 on March 10, 2005, 08:05:05 pm
has not taught him to dribble, pass

A McDonald's All-American comes to a campus ready to dribble and pass.
Derek Hood came to Fayetteville able to dribble, pass and rebound.
Thank you, I was about to say the same thing. Yes, Stan has been dramatically lacking in team management skills this year, but it is not his fault that Famutimi has forgotten how to play ball.  And for what it's worth, it may or may not be be his fault that Modica went into a shell and came out only when it suited him. This is the most puzzling part of the season for me. Either Stan deserves to have his butt kicked for screwing with Pookie's head all season, or Jonathon needs to step up and become a man and show some heart and team oriented attitude. I think it may be a little of both here. As for the rest of the team as a whole, I think they showed a lack of heart at times, but most of all they showed that they had no intention of buying into a team concept. Maybe this is Stan's fault for losing them, maybe it was the UofA's fault for taking him before he was ready, or maybe we just have a bunch of selfish players. I don't know and would want slander the not guilty ones . Whatever it is, this team has enough talent to win NOW. But they will have to remember that you win as a team, and if that means you sit while someone else plays then that is what you do, for the team.
Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

Call Mr. Sow

Quote from: junkyardhog on March 11, 2005, 09:15:19 am
There is no way in hell Frank can even THINK about hiring anyone else. Not till Nolan's 5 years is up!! And Heath won't resign, he would opt out of his gurantees that way. We're stuck!!!!

I don't know why this would be the case.  Nolan's trial demonstrated we've got the scratch to do whatever the hell we want in terms of cash.  $300Mil in the kitty?

Call Mr. Sow

Seems to me like this debate is about which is more likely, that we've had terrible luck and recruited 10 players who have no heart or talent (despite being generally highly regarded), or we've made a bad decision and hired someone who's out of his depth. 

Last week on the apprentice, the project manager got fired because the team did a terrible job.  She tried to save herself by saying that all of the people on her team were lazy and stupid and couldn't get it done.  Is it really likely that the team's problems could be because everybody wearing the uniform sucks, or could it just possibly be that the leader couldn't lead?    Stan Heath?  You're fired!

Fatty McGee

Quote from: junkyardhog on March 11, 2005, 09:11:10 am
I dont know which it is. Are we heartless or talentless? Either way it makes me want to throw something watching us play.

Coachless.

Pick 5 names out of hat on our team and give them to Bobby Knight. They WOULD have gotten into the NCAA!!

Bobby Knight didn't make it last year with 5 of his OWN choosing.

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

ReturnToDynasty?

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on March 11, 2005, 09:28:15 am
Thomas - talentless
Modica - heartless
Ferguson - talentless
Jones - talentless

You must be a real great athlete, HUGE HEART, and can do it all huh, but you have no brain thats obvious....

You have no idea what these guys went through this year, with ole numb nutts thats scared to raise his voice on the sideline.  These guys showed flashes, but i promise you, you wouldn't be talking like this if we had a good coach on the sideline.  These guys have talent, no matter what you think you know.  They just lacked the things it takes, like COACHING...

I think they have pride, but what do you play for when stans on the sideline...he obviously didnt know anything about hog tradition cause he didnt even know what the hog call was before he came. 

To call the talentless and heartless explains why your posting on this board, and their playing for the hogs..

I never said that I could beat these guys in a pick up game, even though I am no slouch.  I would like to know with which of my assessments you disagree?  You know you cannot defend Dontell Jefferson.  He could play at OBU or ASU but not here.  My whole post was a play on words.  I am not simply saying these guys are losers, I am just trying to simplify this debacle of a season we are having, and trying to get others' takes.  I guess you think we are all great and it is all because of our coach.  Shows how much you know.  Stan Heath is not completely to blame.  If you think that then get a clue. 

Amityvillehogger

March 11, 2005, 11:34:23 am #42 Last Edit: March 11, 2005, 11:37:08 am by Amityvillehogger
Quote from: ReturnToDynasty? on March 11, 2005, 11:23:32 am
Thomas - talentless
Modica - heartless
Ferguson - talentless
Jones - talentless

You have no idea what these guys went through this year, with ole numb nutts thats scared to raise his voice on the sideline. These guys showed flashes, but i promise you, you wouldn't be talking like this if we had a good coach on the sideline. These guys have talent, no matter what you think you know. They just lacked the things it takes, like COACHING...

I never said that I could beat these guys in a pick up game, even though I am no slouch. I would like to know with which of my assessments you disagree? You know you cannot defend Dontell Jefferson. He could play at OBU or ASU but not here. My whole post was a play on words. I am not simply saying these guys are losers, I am just trying to simplify this debacle of a season we are having, and trying to get others' takes. I guess you think we are all great and it is all because of our coach. Shows how much you know. Stan Heath is not completely to blame. If you think that then get a clue.

I never said we was all great.  I said that because you were talking like every player sucked and had no heart, that you must be great at all you do. And i never said it was because of our coach that we were good...your saying like 15 different things here...first you say i cant defend jefferson..ok who said i could, i never said they sucked you did, crack...then you say you didnt say they were losers, ok go back to your post dumbarse....then you say im saying our players are great because of stan, then you say i think stans all to blame....why dont you get that brain to thinking and stop typing just to hear the keys click, and actually re-read your post to make sure there not on a 4th grade level and are making sense...your stupid in your own intellect....just cause you sounded stupid, don't try to make it out like i dont have a clue..
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Fatty McGee

Quote from: Hoggysoprano on March 11, 2005, 10:09:30 am
Quote from: Fatty McGee on March 11, 2005, 10:08:02 am
Quote from: junkyardhog on March 11, 2005, 09:11:10 am

Coachless.

Bobby Knight didn't make it last year with 5 of his OWN choosing.
Please, don't try to compare this loser to Bobby Knight, that is like trying to compare you to Johnny Cochran.

Or you with a sane person.

ReturnToDynasty?

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on March 11, 2005, 11:34:23 am
Thomas - talentless
Modica - heartless
Ferguson - talentless
Jones - talentless

You have no idea what these guys went through this year, with ole numb nutts thats scared to raise his voice on the sideline. These guys showed flashes, but i promise you, you wouldn't be talking like this if we had a good coach on the sideline. These guys have talent, no matter what you think you know. They just lacked the things it takes, like COACHING...

I never said that I could beat these guys in a pick up game, even though I am no slouch. I would like to know with which of my assessments you disagree? You know you cannot defend Dontell Jefferson. He could play at OBU or ASU but not here. My whole post was a play on words. I am not simply saying these guys are losers, I am just trying to simplify this debacle of a season we are having, and trying to get others' takes. I guess you think we are all great and it is all because of our coach. Shows how much you know. Stan Heath is not completely to blame. If you think that then get a clue.

I never said we was all great.  I said that because you were talking like every player sucked and had no heart, that you must be great at all you do. And i never said it was because of our coach that we were good...your saying like 15 different things here...first you say i cant defend jefferson..ok who said i could, i never said they sucked you did, crack...then you say you didnt say they were losers, ok go back to your post dumbarse....then you say im saying our players are great because of stan, then you say i think stans all to blame....why dont you get that brain to thinking and stop typing just to hear the keys click, and actually re-read your post to make sure there not on a 4th grade level and are making sense...your stupid in your own intellect....just cause you sounded stupid, don't try to make it out like i dont have a clue..

How old are you anyway?  20?  Give me a break.  The fact that you think you know more about sports than me is hilarious.  I am speaking clearly little man.  You got your panties in a wod becaue of my post.  If you get easily offended because I wanted to simplify our horrible season, then grow up! 

And if you cannot understand my writing, well, you simply cannot read.  I tried to classify the players objectively; which was then directly related to my topic.  I never once said that I am better than anyone is.  You immaturely came to the conclusion that since I was writing a post in a pejorative manner, then I must be a hypocrite.  That is so funny.  You gotta bring something to the table bud.  If you got offended by my post then write something that contradicts me.  Provide evidence that the players I listed as talentless are actually great.  You have all the right in the world to disagree; but dont act like I am saying I am better than anyone.

Amityvillehogger

Oh, so now im a little man, i wish i could see you on the road one day, and we'd see how exactly little you are.....but thats beside the point....anyone can talk $hiite on the internet.....your at the very tender age of 25, wow!!

These players are good, or else they wouldnt be at the UofA.  This is my opinion, and mine only, i think if we would have had someone to coach, a different style maybe that would suit these players, it would have been different..a big ten style is different than sec style.  I was all for stan being here, but now, i just think it would be better to go.  Will my opinion or yours or anyone elses matter to john white or jfb, no... so we are pretty much wasteing our breath here.  I just dont think we should say they are heartless or talentless.  Its not our jobs to make excuses.  We should fix the problem NOW.... Truce dude....
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Fatty McGee

There's a difference between "talentless" and "great".  Thomas and Ferguson are both talented players, and both would play for any SEC team.   

Thomas has played better, particularly defensively, than the average SEC freshman, and would get PT for about any team in the league.  Sullivan, who was at one time just an athlete and not much more, and has some decent talent as well. 

Not every player on a team can dominate.  They are both solid role players and Thomas has the skills to develop into a very good player.

ReturnToDynasty?

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on March 11, 2005, 11:34:23 am
Thomas - talentless
Modica - heartless
Ferguson - talentless
Jones - talentless

The fact that you say I write on a 4th grade level is beyond hilarious.  The amount of grammatical errors in your post would flunk you out of 2nd grade.  Do you know the difference in "their and there," or how about "your and you're."

My favorite has to be "I never said WE was all great."  That is a classic!  Don't try to compete with me intellectually; you will get embarrassed. 

Biggus Piggus

Besides, Amityville Boarer would have been more imaginative.
[CENSORED]!

Amityvillehogger

whooo im scared out of my spelling bee award....dude im done with this, its no  point in argueing about.....everyone has a bad day, mines really bad today..once again, truce dude
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005