Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

frick the heath haters

Started by katocat13, March 09, 2005, 06:39:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

katocat13

I just don't get it?  Nolan had taken our program down long before he was fired.  I don't care what the results of any season say, he was awful.  He had stopped coaching.  He sat on his hands most of the game(s).  The players who came here were for the most part Hoods. Stan has had worse than an uphill battle.  It wasn't that long ago that the whole lawsuit "I want my job back" was front and center on every message board and in all the media.

Frick the haters.  Stan can't win with some of you guys and it's sickening.  You let hdn slide even though he is rebuilding his own team even though we haven't actually been to a point to rebuild to.  But you are eager to jump on Heath and push for his demise.  Frick ya!

And don't come over to the DVH bandwagon!  I don't want you jumping on his coaching skills when he loses a game.   >:(

hogaddict

kato forgive everyone for having expectations and goals.  I guarantee you Heath didn't think this was the way the year was going to go.  So don't get on everyone that thinks he isn't doing all that good of a job.  He hasn't shown us anything yet, other than being a decent recruiter.  He's got next year to get to the tourney plain and simple.  If he doesn't then he's outta here.  If HDN had waited 4 years to get us to a decent bowl game, you think he'd still be here.  I think not.

jkcrunch

Kato, I am on your side on this.  Stan first is a waste he got in the game way to late to make a difference.  He did not have a true D1 player on the team.  He was able to talk a couple of players into staying.  Sullinger could have help, he is having a solid year at OSU the other players Nolan recruited that Heath could not keep on campus are mired in obscurity on someone's bench or not playing.  That leaves us with Ferguson and Davis who by the way were still available late in June telling anyone who is paying attention that noone really thought that highly of them.  His second year his is first year of rebuilding a program I think Ronnie is working out OK. Olu is not meeting the high expectations but has perfomed good at times.  Vincent Hunter can not stay healthy hopefully he will heal up this time.  His third class bring an inside presence in Townes.   Hill was a project when he was recruited but he has great upside and given a year, he can grow into a player.   Thomas has shown flashes and play the other teams best big man most of the sesaon.  So we are going to the right way.    Can anyone remember who many top recruits showed up at Arkansas from 96-00? Not I that is because they were few and far between.

Heath is not without criticism, I personally think he is too passive at times.   If Frank had the nerve to tell Nolan to go see B Knight about playing defense then he needs to step up and tell Stan to go see Tubby Smith about putting the fear of God into a player.  He needs to show in the game and on the court that he doesn't accept stupid B-Ball.  I challenge anyone to check out Tubby when a player messes up he looks as if he could strangle them right there in front of everyone.  Same goes for officials we all know the SEC is a homer league but you have to get a T sometimes to get the officials to recognize our point and to show your players that you do not put up with crap.  I loved all these qualities in Nolan when he was a coach(late 80's to 96).  Does anyone believe the official at LSU would have lied about signaling 3 in front of Nolan? No way that happens.

He also makes substitution errors but he is a young coach learning his craft and I think he needs to be given 5 years to iron it out.  He took a senoir lading team to the round of 8 at Kent State he knows the game. 

jkcrunch

hoggysoprano did watch hog ball from 97 to when heath arrived.  we made the tourney 2000 on a lucky streak. After that we were horrible.   We did nt have a major college talent in his final 4 years at the helm.  He was lucky to get J Johnson because Joe needed a year of polish and he ruined Jannero Pargo.  You honestly belive that Satchell Gomes and the gang could beat this team.  Heck one of Nolan's best players the last year was a walkon.  That is Jones. CMon be real.  What tournament did we go to Nolan's last year? 

HotSpringsHawg

Quote from: jkcrunch on March 09, 2005, 07:12:53 pm
hoggysoprano did watch hog ball from 97 to when heath arrived. we made the tourney 2000 on a lucky streak. After that we were horrible. We did nt have a major college talent in his final 4 years at the helm. He was lucky to get J Johnson because Joe needed a year of polish and he ruined Jannero Pargo. You honestly belive that Satchell Gomes and the gang could beat this team. Heck one of Nolan's best players the last year was a walkon. That is Jones. CMon be real. What tournament did we go to Nolan's last year?

Quote from: jkcrunch on March 09, 2005, 07:12:53 pm
hoggysoprano did watch hog ball from 97 to when heath arrived. we made the tourney 2000 on a lucky streak. After that we were horrible. We did nt have a major college talent in his final 4 years at the helm. He was lucky to get J Johnson because Joe needed a year of polish and he ruined Jannero Pargo. You honestly belive that Satchell Gomes and the gang could beat this team. Heck one of Nolan's best players the last year was a walkon. That is Jones. CMon be real. What tournament did we go to Nolan's last year?

JK....good questions but don't expect good answers.....HoggySoprano/Skip has been around for years as have some of the others,including myself.....generally this is how things go......YOU say something to a MOSTLY negative poster,the OTHER negative posters gang up on you.....I do not really remember if Skip was a Nolan hater,but I know alot of those who HATED nolan now say they wish he was here......I backed Nolan and fought the F'ers for years.....It was when Nolan said for the second time publicly "pay me my money and you can have my job" that I turned.....and to THIS day,I wouldn't have Nolan for anything......Stan is a super guy and he will get the job done.....I suggest you go to Stan's website and send him a note letting him know he has fans that support him.....darn these that just need a reason to bitch.....I don't get to spend  much time on here because I actually have a LIFE, but what time i do have on here will be spent supporting guys like you and giving HELL to negative posters........a BIG + to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HotSpringsHawg

and what is the exact reason this thread was moved????? how many days did the thread about someone's DOG biting the bullet stay on the main board???????....seems some have an agenda they are protecting.....

HotSpringsHawg

Quote from: Hoggysoprano on March 09, 2005, 08:50:51 pm
Quote from: ImHogginIt on March 09, 2005, 08:43:06 pm
Quote from: katocat13 on March 09, 2005, 06:39:23 pm
I just don't get it? Nolan had taken our program down long before he was fired. I don't care what the results of any season say, he was awful. He had stopped coaching. He sat on his hands most of the game(s). The players who came here were for the most part Hoods. Stan has had worse than an uphill battle. It wasn't that long ago that the whole lawsuit "I want my job back" was front and center on every message board and in all the media.

Frick the haters. Stan can't win with some of you guys and it's sickening. You let hdn slide even though he is rebuilding his own team even though we haven't actually been to a point to rebuild to. But you are eager to jump on Heath and push for his demise. Frick ya!

And don't come over to the DVH bandwagon! I don't want you jumping on his coaching skills when he loses a game. >:(

What message boards have you been reading ? HDN has been slammed by a buttload of folks on message boards for several years now.

I want to know who are those sorry sob's that you saw slamming coach Nutt?

let's see.........YOU.....HiM......Ray/RoadHogg.......Lanny.......chit.....how long a list ya want????? I know why you YOU hate Nutt,have said it THIS week..... I tried to say that I understand and would help cook for the LSU game.....you did not reply......If you don't want/need help it is OK..... I can whip your ass on cooking AND have just as many highly placed friends here as you.....AND can bring a copy of your e-mail to JeffN.....friends or not????????(Me and RH think nothing alike yet are friends)your choice shorthorn..........

HotSpringsHawg

A plus for you HogginIt.....GLAD to know you didn't do it!!!!!

HotSpringsHawg

Quote from: Hoggysoprano on March 09, 2005, 09:13:28 pm
Quote from: HotSpringsHawg on March 09, 2005, 08:59:16 pm
Quote from: Hoggysoprano on March 09, 2005, 08:50:51 pm
Quote from: ImHogginIt on March 09, 2005, 08:43:06 pm
I just don't get it? Nolan had taken our program down long before he was fired. I don't care what the results of any season say, he was awful. He had stopped coaching. He sat on his hands most of the game(s). The players who came here were for the most part Hoods. Stan has had worse than an uphill battle. It wasn't that long ago that the whole lawsuit "I want my job back" was front and center on every message board and in all the media.

Frick the haters. Stan can't win with some of you guys and it's sickening. You let hdn slide even though he is rebuilding his own team even though we haven't actually been to a point to rebuild to. But you are eager to jump on Heath and push for his demise. Frick ya!

And don't come over to the DVH bandwagon! I don't want you jumping on his coaching skills when he loses a game. >:(

What message boards have you been reading ? HDN has been slammed by a buttload of folks on message boards for several years now.

I want to know who are those sorry sob's that you saw slamming coach Nutt?

let's see.........YOU.....HiM......Ray/RoadHogg.......Lanny.......chit.....how long a list ya want????? I know why you YOU hate Nutt,have said it THIS week..... I tried to say that I understand and would help cook for the LSU game.....you did not reply......If you don't want/need help it is OK..... I can whip your ass on cooking AND have just as many highly placed friends here as you.....AND can bring a copy of your e-mail to JeffN.....friends or not????????(Me and RH think nothing alike yet are friends)your choice shorthorn..........

I need the help cooking, I must not of seen it. I apologize. So please do come, we will have a good time

Would be a pleasure Skip......I will be bringing some Lousyanna type food to cook to bring some flavor for whipping LSWho......it should give us some time to talk about things,,,,,,maybe i can talk some sense into ya.....lol.....

NuttsSacked

My dad and I had a conversation during Christmas vacation concerning Heath.  Stan has two Top 20 recruiting classes on hand.  Given that fact, we both agreed this would be the year Heath exhibited some coaching ability.

Still waiting...   

katocat13

you guys are too easy!   ;)

hey, baseball this week-end.  And please mention it on the board this week-end.  I'll be at the park and too busy to do it for you!  g

Biggus Piggus

Nolan coached his meager talent much better than Heath has coached his superior talent.  Surely you can see that.  When Nolan was fired, he had a .500 record against the toughest schedule in school history.  Heath's teams would have won in single digits against that schedule.  And let me get this straight, are you blaming the lawsuit for Heath not signing any guards?  How can Heath have proven to be such a great recruiter and have been hurt so bad by Nolan's lawsuit at the same time?  You guys equivocate like kindergarteners.  He's obviously not coaching well, you throw out his recruiting as evidence of improvement, but then you attribute any shortcomings to Nolan's deadend lawsuit, which outside of Arkansas was a nonevent.  Wow, you guys are trying to create an "NCAA thingy" to cover Heath's hind end.

Please distinguish between "the people who are willing to critically evaluate Heath's performance" and "the people who want to kneejerk eject our coach after three seasons."

I am in the category of expecting continued mediocrity but searching closely for signs of a breakthrough, which would be a far superior outcome than having to replace our coach again.  It did not take Eddie Sutton four years to approach respectability, nor Nolan Richardson, but even in its diminished state the SEC is far tougher than the SWC was back then.  That's no excuse for three seasons in which the team did not improve as the year progressed.  No excuse for, after coming on the job with no guards, failing to recruit any SEC-caliber guards in consecutive classes.  No excuse for doing a poor job of adapting his system to the capability of the available players.  No excuse for playing favorites and putting Olu in position to fail over and over.
[CENSORED]!

Brett Hitman Hog

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 10, 2005, 09:17:40 am

Nolan coached his meager talent much better than Heath has coached his superior talent. Surely you can see that. When Nolan was fired, he had a .500 record against the toughest schedule in school history. Heath's teams would have won in single digits against that schedule. And let me get this straight, are you blaming the lawsuit for Heath not signing any guards? How can Heath have proven to be such a great recruiter and have been hurt so bad by Nolan's lawsuit at the same time? You guys equivocate like kindergarteners. He's obviously not coaching well, you throw out his recruiting as evidence of improvement, but then you attribute any shortcomings to Nolan's deadend lawsuit, which outside of Arkansas was a nonevent. Wow, you guys are trying to create an "NCAA thingy" to cover Heath's hind end.

Please distinguish between "the people who are willing to critically evaluate Heath's performance" and "the people who want to kneejerk eject our coach after three seasons."

I am in the category of expecting continued mediocrity but searching closely for signs of a breakthrough, which would be a far superior outcome than having to replace our coach again. It did not take Eddie Sutton four years to approach respectability, nor Nolan Richardson, but even in its diminished state the SEC is far tougher than the SWC was back then. That's no excuse for three seasons in which the team did not improve as the year progressed. No excuse for, after coming on the job with no guards, failing to recruit any SEC-caliber guards in consecutive classes. No excuse for doing a poor job of adapting his system to the capability of the available players. No excuse for playing favorites and putting Olu in position to fail over and over.
I agree ... I see a rule, rather than an exception with Heath's coaching.  If the team would have made one improvement ie Road Wins, Rallying from behind, A Top 25 win ... it would be another story, but that never came about.

Jim Harris

No excuse for, after coming on the job with no guards, failing to recruit any SEC-caliber guards in consecutive classes. No excuse for doing a poor job of adapting his system to the capability of the available players. No excuse for playing favorites and putting Olu in position to fail over and over.

Well, BP, what do you do? They tried their damnest for several point guards. They felt they were in good shape with Daniel Gipson, but he chose the closer-to-home school. With Daniel Gibson, we might be talking some serious darn with this team. Jason Horton, probably not, but he'll eventually be pretty solid for Missouri. There were others. Then, they had to go reaching, but the struck out. They tried, and you'd have to figure very hard, but didn't sign them. It's not like they didn't hae GREAT point guard targets. The guys didn't choose Heath and Arkansas. Other guys have. So, what do you do about the point guard, buy them? Probably the same question applies to your annual concerts about offensive and defensive tackles.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Theolesnort

Throw all the garbage of yea and nay out and look at the logic of it all. The tell tell sign is that Ark went backwards from mid season on. While I'm not calling for his head it doesn't take a scientific rocket to figure out that Heath is in trouble and needs to make changes to keep his job for any length of time. Two main things, figure out what he stands for as to coaching philosophy and implement it, and to develop a hard ass way of dealing with his kids.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: drakehog on March 10, 2005, 11:04:45 am

No excuse for, after coming on the job with no guards, failing to recruit any SEC-caliber guards in consecutive classes. No excuse for doing a poor job of adapting his system to the capability of the available players. No excuse for playing favorites and putting Olu in position to fail over and over.

Well, BP, what do you do? They tried their damnest for several point guards. They felt they were in good shape with Daniel Gipson, but he chose the closer-to-home school. With Daniel Gibson, we might be talking some serious Shiite with this team. Jason Horton, probably not, but he'll eventually be pretty solid for Missouri. There were others. Then, they had to go reaching, but the struck out. They tried, and you'd have to figure very hard, but didn't sign them. It's not like they didn't hae GREAT point guard targets. The guys didn't choose Heath and Arkansas. Other guys have. So, what do you do about the point guard, buy them? Probably the same question applies to your annual concerts about offensive and defensive tackles.

They passed on kids they could have gotten and went after kids they couldn't get.  You don't have to get the great ones, you have to avoid going empty.  Right?  You know the drill.
[CENSORED]!

Fletch

In 2002 the SEC sent 6 teams to the NCAAT and 3 teams to the NIT, that leaves arkansas at either 10th, 11th or 12th. I don' see how anyone can say Nolan did a good job with meager talent. Plus they may have played a tougher schedule but they lost to all tough teams they played (Oklahoma, Oklahoma St., Illinois.) Looks like meager job with meager talent to me and Stan has spent the last couple of years trying to coach those sub par players while trying to get real talent in here. Plus check out next years schedule, much tougher so we will have to wait and see how SH does with mostly his players against teams in Maui Classic, Texas Tech, and Missouri. Go hogs!
I feel like $100

Theolesnort

People, I'm not a Heath hater in fact I want to be a Heath hugger. I want him to prove me so wrong that I face North bow low ten times saying I'm not worthy. But.......... The odds of that happening are slipping away. I dare say Biggis and others feel the same way but Heath has got a lot to prove hasn't he?
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

Flatfoot

Frick me for telling Heath he needs to go.  NO NO FRICK YOU katocat! 

Other than beating the cupcakes, there was not one team we beat that was in the top 100.  Let me repeat top 100.  Not even Mizzou.  Let's talk conference record for the last three years.

02-03 4-12
03-04 4-12
04-05 6-10

Grand total of 14 conference wins in 48 games.  2 road wins in 3 years.  That is impressive katocat.    You keep on supporting Heath, while our basketball program keeps sinking. 

Go play with your cat!  :D
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

Theolesnort

HoopHog, sometimes while reflecting on the Nolan era I think that what Nolan did was all planned out from his first two years on. In those years I heard some awful things directed at Nolan from the crowd of fans that was so abusive that I was appalled. I can only imagine how Nolan felt being that he wore his feelings on his sleeve so much so that he interpreted everything in a racist way. To think, his daughter was dying of cancer amid other adversities and fans were shouting such insults. Well we know Nolan is a proud man and he worked his butt off and finally garnered great success. He won one and almost two national titles. Going back I think Nolan's psyche was scarred not just from childhood by some of the discrimination he endured but these first two years just sealed it. After 94&95 he had a chance to put ArK on the map as a dynasty. He had already proven he could coach and he had nothing more to prove, and in his mind could it be we were not deserving? Well, anyway that is my conspiracy theory and sometimes I believe it and at other times I don't.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 10, 2005, 11:32:05 am
Quote from: drakehog on March 10, 2005, 11:04:45 am

Well, BP, what do you do? They tried their damnest for several point guards. They felt they were in good shape with Daniel Gipson, but he chose the closer-to-home school. With Daniel Gibson, we might be talking some serious Shiite with this team. Jason Horton, probably not, but he'll eventually be pretty solid for Missouri. There were others. Then, they had to go reaching, but the struck out. They tried, and you'd have to figure very hard, but didn't sign them. It's not like they didn't hae GREAT point guard targets. The guys didn't choose Heath and Arkansas. Other guys have. So, what do you do about the point guard, buy them? Probably the same question applies to your annual concerts about offensive and defensive tackles.

They passed on kids they could have gotten and went after kids they couldn't get. You don't have to get the great ones, you have to avoid going empty. Right? You know the drill.

Yeah, with Ronnie Brewer, Darian Townes, Charles Thomas, Steven Hill, and Olu he clearly came up empty.  All are worthless and we had no need for any of them!!

And yes, I know Olu hasn't done anything, but there's no doubt he was a highly sought after recruit that just about any program would have taken.

Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

Flatfoot

Does anyone know how much longer we have to pay Nolan?  I know ole Frank would like that to hire a big name coach after Heath dies on the vine.
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

Kevin

fatty,  you make it sound like those guys have done something since becoming hogs.  they haven't.  read the article about one coach had winning sec record after three years.  that maybe true, but what was their record year three.  billy d at uf was 22-9, 10-6 his third year. that is improvement.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

SultanofSwine

But the team has made improvements. We haven't been on sportscenter a single time for our coach throwing a tirad at the media or even getting a technical for that matter. We have made a giant leap foward into the the spinelessly lead, massively undercoached masses of less than mediocre teams. God how I hate it.

Theolesnort

ImHogginIt, just as I said on another post It's a form of masochism and we both have it. Be prepared for some more grievous wounds tonight.

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Fatty McGee on March 10, 2005, 01:00:48 pm
Yeah, with Ronnie Brewer, Darian Townes, Charles Thomas, Steven Hill, and Olu he clearly came up empty. All are worthless and we had no need for any of them!!

And yes, I know Olu hasn't done anything, but there's no doubt he was a highly sought after recruit that just about any program would have taken.

Fatty, you have gone over the edge.  From here on, you can blather all you want, I'll pay no attention.  In case you missed it, we were talking about GUARDS.  You named six NON-GUARDS.  NOT A GUARD.  NO GUARDS.  GUARD.  G. U. A. R. D.
[CENSORED]!

Fatty McGee

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 10, 2005, 03:12:47 pm
Yeah, with Ronnie Brewer, Darian Townes, Charles Thomas, Steven Hill, and Olu he clearly came up empty. All are worthless and we had no need for any of them!!

Fatty, you have gone over the edge. From here on, you can blather all you want, I'll pay no attention. In case you missed it, we were talking about GUARDS. You named six NON-GUARDS. NOT A GUARD. NO GUARDS. GUARD. G. U. A. R. D.

Sorry, I forgot - Ronnie Brewer doesn't count as a guard in your world.  My mistake. 

He should definitely have been concentrating on guards.  We had plenty of talent in the middle, and he's clearly failed us by getting players there and not filling the guard hole.  I'm sure it was intentional.  Good call - my mistake.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: Hoggysoprano on March 10, 2005, 08:59:07 pm
Quote from: Fatty McGee on March 10, 2005, 03:43:06 pm

Fatty, you have gone over the edge. From here on, you can blather all you want, I'll pay no attention. In case you missed it, we were talking about GUARDS. You named six NON-GUARDS. NOT A GUARD. NO GUARDS. GUARD. G. U. A. R. D.

Sorry, I forgot - Ronnie Brewer doesn't count as a guard in your world. My mistake.

He should definitely have been concentrating on guards. We had plenty of talent in the middle, and he's clearly failed us by getting players there and not filling the guard hole. I'm sure it was intentional. Good call - my mistake.

Hey Fatty, you going to tell us how this team will win the SEC west next year? You still good on those bets you made about the Hogs winning 10 conference games?

Of course I'm good for it.  Who do you think I am?  You?

HOGCATCH

Problem is not in the talent, under a "real" coach these same players can be at least 5 games better than they are! No doubt about it:)
Winning is a way of life!

Biggus Piggus

Only a complete idiot would say Stan Heath is an SEC-caliber coach.
[CENSORED]!

Fatty McGee

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on March 10, 2005, 09:25:54 pm
Only a complete idiot would say Stan Heath is an SEC-caliber coach.

Only a complete moron would fire him now.

Kevin

yeah only a moron would fire him now, our program has not sunk far enough yet.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Jim Harris

Quote from: Fatty McGee on March 10, 2005, 03:43:06 pm

Sorry, I forgot - Ronnie Brewer doesn't count as a guard in your world. My mistake.

He should definitely have been concentrating on guards. We had plenty of talent in the middle, and he's clearly failed us by getting players there and not filling the guard hole. I'm sure it was intentional. Good call - my mistake.

Sorry to butt in but Ronnie Brewer doesn't count as a real guard in anybody's world except yours. At best, he's been a point forward at times for us but he is a 3.
BTW, in your defense if Heath and the team last week, you claimed Arkansas had played hard all season, which was debated but you continued to argue it. After Auburn and Tennessee games, are you still willing to say that Arkansas didn't just mail it in? Are you going to say they played hard last night for 40 minutes, hell even for 10 minutes?
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson