Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

is beverly putting his name in the nba draft next year?

Started by biggesthogfanever501, July 12, 2007, 02:56:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

is beverly putting his name in the draft

yes
11 (8.7%)
no
79 (62.2%)
mabe
18 (14.2%)
go another year
19 (15%)

Total Members Voted: 122

Sportsguy120

dont think hes big enough most nba teams like taller guards

kibster

No I do not think so.  he does not have an NBA style body.   He will be here 4 years.  If he proves that he can consistantly produce in the SEC all 4 years than look for him to go in the draft.  If not I think the best he can hope for is a free agency.
Electronic communities build nothing. You wind up with nothing. We are dancing animals. How beautiful it is to get up and go out and do something. We are here on Earth to fart around. Don't let anybody tell you any different. - Kurt Vonnegut

ColumbianHog

I don't think he'll go after this season.  Maybe after his junior season if he can add weight and improve his game that quickly.  He's already really good but to really cash in he needs to get better.  I say he'll be here at least 3 seasons...maybe four.

mbgrulz

it will all come down to who is in his ear. if he has good people around him they'll tell to stay for 3 years at least. too small to guard kobe, lebron, arenas, etc...

coach, my back hurts

He would have to be a PG and i dont know if he'll ever play enough at that position in college to get good at it. 

He may not get drafted at all.  Free agency and NBADL may be where he ends up.

But i voted for one more yr.

Bomis Hawg

Right now, Beverley needs AT LEAST one more year at minimum.  Two years is probably best.

I think Beverley, right now, is your typical "solid college player, but not quite that good for the NBA."  Time will tell, though, how his development goes -- his physical and in-game make-ups go.  He can turn his game into an NBA-style game if his body allows it (where he can fit on the court better).

slopinhogs

win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

mbgrulz

Quote from: slopinhogs on July 13, 2007, 02:05:21 pm
how big was Derek Fisher? :razorback:
if bev can be a solid PG like fisher, then he has a chance. bev's known weakness, however, is his handle. DF is also built like a pit bull unlike bev.

chiefsfan

Quote from: kibster on July 12, 2007, 03:19:02 pm
No I do not think so.  he does not have an NBA style body.   He will be here 4 years.  If he proves that he can consistantly produce in the SEC all 4 years than look for him to go in the draft.  If not I think the best he can hope for is a free agency.

If he has whoever told Dontell Jefferson to go pro giving him advice, he's gone
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Qbackinman

He needs another year to fill out and his game to mature. But he's one of my favorite players right now.

ColumbianHog

Quote from: chiefsfan on July 13, 2007, 08:50:26 pm
No I do not think so.  he does not have an NBA style body.   He will be here 4 years.  If he proves that he can consistantly produce in the SEC all 4 years than look for him to go in the draft.  If not I think the best he can hope for is a free agency.

I'm pretty sure DJ played through his senior season.  Do you mean Olu Famutimi?

Foshodo

No I do not think so.  he does not have an NBA style body.   He will be here 4 years.  If he proves that he can consistantly produce in the SEC all 4 years than look for him to go in the draft.  If not I think the best he can hope for is a free agency.

some of the statements here annoy me... DJ averaged 9/3/4 on 43 %shooting in 23 minutes per in the NBA developmental league. not all-world but the kid obviously has talent.  not everyone can be Joe Johnson/Ronnie Brewer...

ColumbianHog

Quote from: Foshodo on July 16, 2007, 12:56:32 pm

some of the statements here annoy me... DJ averaged 9/3/4 on 43 %shooting in 23 minutes per in the NBA developmental league. not all-world but the kid obviously has talent.  not everyone can be Joe Johnson/Ronnie Brewer...

Didn't Jefferson exhaust his eligibility before going to the NBADL?

PigWig

Foshodo

Quote from: ColumbianHog on July 16, 2007, 03:39:22 pm
Quote from: Foshodo on July 16, 2007, 12:56:32 pm

Didn't Jefferson exhaust his eligibility before going to the NBADL?

yeah, but even if the original post didnt mean DJ... it's still a dig at the kid thats taken far too often.