Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

PBev Really Showing Out for the US U19 Team

Started by jbhicks, July 11, 2007, 10:22:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbhicks

July 11, 2007, 10:22:58 am Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 03:24:54 pm by jbhicks
Patrick is playing very well for the 19 and Under Team USA. This is great experience, and I think this is really going to help his game. I just hope this action doesn't wear him out. His stats are as follows:

9.5 Points/game (4th on the team)
5.0 Rebounds/game (4th on the team)
4.0 Assists/game (1st on the team)
1.3 Steals/Game (2nd on the team)
He is also playing around 21 minutes (I think this is first as well on the team) a game while shooting better than 40% from the field and 30% from 3-point land. Interestingly though he is only shooting around 60% from the charity stripe. He was so clutch there last season for us.

Below is the link for the overall stats for the USA 19U team. The FIBA 19U World Championship starts tomorrow in Serbia.

http://www.usabasketball.com/men_team.php?page=mu19wc_stats

Good luck to Patrick and the rest of Team USA. We really have several things to look forward to next year!

OzarkHighs

Playing for the U19 team is really going to help him.

LordStanleysHog

Glad to see the world is learning what we already knew.

heathman

I agree that it is great that he is getting the exposure and additional playing time!  Representing us well.  I just hope he can keep himself fresh for the upcoming season.  He will come back, basically have a week and a half before practice for the trip to Mexico with the team.  But he is doing great and the extra playing time against competition like that will definitely help. 

ColumbianHog

Quote from: heathman on July 11, 2007, 12:53:42 pm
I agree that it is great that he is getting the exposure and additional playing time!  Representing us well.  I just hope he can keep himself fresh for the upcoming season.  He will come back, basically have a week and a half before practice for the trip to Mexico with the team.  But he is doing great and the extra playing time against competition like that will definitely help. 

That's exactly what I was thinking.  It's great that he's representing the USA but I hope he doesn't wear himself out.  Fortunately we'll play mostly weaker teams in non-conference play so he won't have to go too many minutes.

Adam Stokes

Quote from: ColumbianHog on July 11, 2007, 01:03:24 pm

That's exactly what I was thinking.  It's great that he's representing the USA but I hope he doesn't wear himself out.  Fortunately we'll play mostly weaker teams in non-conference play so he won't have to go too many minutes.

Not sure about that, Pel is stacking on the Big 12 teams and we know how we performed against them last year...

BrooklynRoss

He won't wear himself out. If he wasn't playing for team USA he'd be playing pick-up games 8 hours a day.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

RazorAg

Quote from: jbhicks on July 11, 2007, 10:22:58 am
Patrick leads the team in assists and minutes played, he is 2nd in steals, and he is 4th in ppg and rebounds. His stats so far are as follows:

9.5 Points/game
5.0 Rebounds/game
4.0 Assists/game
1.3 Steals/Game
He is also playing around 21 minutes a game while shooting better than 40% from the field and 30% from 3-point land. Interestingly though he is only shooting 63% from the charity stripe. He was so clutch there last season for us.

Below is the link for the overall stats for the USA 19U team. The FIBA 19U World Championship starts tomorrow in Serbia.

http://www.usabasketball.com/men_team.php?page=mu19wc_stats

Good luck to Patrick and the rest of Team USA. We really have several things to look forward to next year!

This post looks familiar ;)

ColumbianHog

Quote from: ajs15razorman on July 12, 2007, 08:30:06 am
Quote from: ColumbianHog on July 11, 2007, 01:03:24 pm

Not sure about that, Pel is stacking on the Big 12 teams and we know how we performed against them last year...

Which Big 12 teams do we have scheduled so far?

VirginiaHog

I am pretty sure on Texas Tech and Missouri. Texas was but they wimped out on us. Not sure on any others.

RazorAg

Quote from: VirginiaHog on July 12, 2007, 12:56:09 pm
I am pretty sure on Texas Tech and Missouri. Texas was but they wimped out on us. Not sure on any others.

Add Baylor.  We play them in Dallas