Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cyrus McGowan

Started by olblueyes, July 04, 2007, 07:25:24 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

olblueyes

Announced on 6:00 news at KNWA that Cyrus McGowan will transfer to University of Miami. He will sit out one year and have two to play. Good luck Cyrus in your future endeavors.
Following, supporting, and rooting the hogs on 24/7 X 365!!!!

Realist

ColumbianHog

That's Miami, FL right?  Not Ohio?

Monk-N-Dunk

SoTexHog

U.P. HOGG

What exactly was it that he didn't like about Pel or the program?  I can't see it that he left because of Heath, I figure he would follow him if that were the case.

blueshog2001

Quote from: U.P.  HOGG on July 09, 2007, 12:50:22 pm
What exactly was it that he didn't like about Pel or the program?  I can't see it that he left because of Heath, I figure he would follow him if that were the case.
He left because he wanted to redshirt this year and Pel told him no.

oldfart

should have redshirted either his freshman year or moreso last year when he was coming off injury..  his minutes were few and far between and pretty much a wasted two years....

ColumbianHog

Quote from: oldfart on July 09, 2007, 01:18:42 pm
should have redshirted either his freshman year or moreso last year when he was coming off injury..  his minutes were few and far between and pretty much a wasted two years....

Anybody know if Coach Heath would have let him redshirt?  Stan always said it had to be a mutual decision between the coach and player...but I don't see him keeping McGowan from redshirting one of those two seasons.  Probably Cyrus didn't want to.

Hog Fan from Camden

I think he should have redshirted this season (2006-2007) because of injury during the summer.  Just my opinion.  I don't think he wanted to though.

Grumpy Old Main

I was assuming they kinda encouraged him to move along elsewhere, but I could be wrong.

Saw a TV feature on what a great guy he was and what a great athlete he was.  Too bad he didn't get minutes, but he has some good players in front of him.

All the best to him.

Hog are ya

My understanding was Coach Heath asked him just before this past season to redshirt and he chose not to.

Porkem

He'll have the bench too.
Quote from: Tomcat on July 05, 2007, 07:49:15 am
At least he will have the beach.  I wish him luck...
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."