Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rob Evans staying

Started by mlhawg, June 28, 2007, 02:52:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mlhawg

Marvin Menzies, assistant coach at L'Ville gets the job at NMSU.  This could be huge for the Razorbacks that we will not lose Evans

HogISH™

|^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
|...BEER   TRUCK..........| ||'|";, ___.
|_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -|
"(@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

Hogville Trash Can Moderator - my theme song:

Isn't it rich, isn't it queer
Losing my timing this late in my career  And where are the clowns  Quick send in the clowns  Don't bother they're here.

DEVIL DOG HOG

Pleased to here the good news.
"I love college football. It's the time of the year you can walk down the street with a girl on one arm and a blanket on the other, and nobody thinks twice about it." DUFFY DAUGHERTY

GO GREEN!

Oliver

Awesome news!  That's a nice change for once.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

cosmodrum

Awesome news. I thought he was a shoe-in for the job.

WPS!
Go away, batin'

J.A.Y.

That is awesome, we need him on this staff!
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

ballhog™

Touchdown Arkansas! Oh My! --Paul Eells- Voice of the Razorbacks-Southern Gentleman

I do believe you have to be able to run the football when you want to, run the football when you have to. I believe you have to be able to throw the football when you want to, and throw the football when you have to.  --Former Razorback Head Football Coach Bobby Petrino.

rocksalt

This is good.... very good.
It's a Mother-In-Law defense - Constant Pressure and Harrassment.   J. Pelphrey

We are on the "Highway to Hellphrey"...  "40 minutes of Hellphrey" !      Hogfans

WhenPigsFly

Great that Evans is going to be here.   Honestly, I wouldn't have minded too much for him to be the HEAD coach, given the way the "search" went.

Coondog Hog

'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

Nutts and Bolts

My Guess would be his age...Glad he is staying
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

Wild Bill Hog

This is good news.  His Ole Miss teams tended to turn every game into a wrestling match, but they were physically tough and not afraid of contact.

Earl

Needed some good news....

Albert Einswine

I'm very glad to hear that Rob is staying!  I was more excited about hiring him than I was Pel, and I'm pleased with the hiring of Pel.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

badbrad

Boarcephus

Bad for Rob but great for us.  Didn't I hear Nolan applied for that job?
I need to be more like my dog...if you can't fight it, screw it, or eat it, then piss on it.

HogBaptist

Quote from: Boarcephus on June 28, 2007, 04:01:44 pm
Bad for Rob but great for us.  Didn't I hear Nolan applied for that job?

Yep, but he was turned down.  Ouch!

mikeirwin

ESPN is not reporting it online.
Neither is New Mexico State.
Where did you hear this ?

PulledPork

Quote from: Coondog Hog on June 28, 2007, 03:14:44 pm
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on June 28, 2007, 02:56:13 pm
Quote from: HogISH™ on June 28, 2007, 02:53:09 pm
who is rob evans?

HogISH

Florida's Husband

Awesome +1 for the Good Times Reference. DYNOMITE
Get it right you doofus....his name was James!!

;)

Pulled out...

Jim Harris

Quote from: mlhawg on June 28, 2007, 02:52:03 pm
Marvin Menzies, assistant coach at L'Ville gets the job at NMSU.  This could be huge for the Razorbacks that we will not lose Evans

we need a link on this, please.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

grayhawg

GO TO CBS SPORTSLINE THEY ARE SAYING LOUISVILLE COACH TO NEW MEXICO STATE.

HawgAdvocate

"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

mikeirwin

The Boar War

Good news!  I was worried who we would find to fill in as a top assistant this late in the game.

bigyellowdog

HoopHog

I'm sorry that such a deserving coach did not get the head coaching job nod, but I am so happy that he is staying.  Perhaps he actually was offered but decided to stay...I like to think of it that way.  He is one assistant coach who is better than most head coaches (including Stan Heath).  Lately, the basketball program is tonic to the depressing woes of the management of the football program up on the Hill and one of the reasons why I still have a thin sliver of hope for the future.

hoggystyle78

Good news, for a change!

Coondog Hog

Quote from: PulledPork on June 28, 2007, 04:46:56 pm
who is rob evans?

HogISH

Florida's Husband

;)

Pulled out...

Da&#it I hate it when that happens.
+1 to you for accurate info
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Coondog Hog on June 28, 2007, 07:11:34 pm
Quote from: PulledPork on June 28, 2007, 04:46:56 pm
who is rob evans?

HogISH

Florida's Husband

;)

Pulled out...

Da&#it I hate it when that happens.
+1 to you for accurate info

I knew it was James when I posted it.  Was just making a smart a$$ reply.  James was played by John Amos, formerly Gordy the weatherman on the Mary Tyler Moore show.  Amos had a falling out with producers and was killed off the show.  James death lead to one of the best TV Quotes of all time, which could appropriately be applied to our football program

Florida:  Damn, Damn, Damn.

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

pignatious

That is great news. Hope he is able to stay for a while and make an impact in recruiting and coaching.
Freedom is never free.

slopinhogs

sorry Rob didn't gert the job ,but i'm tickeled pink that he is staying. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

Hog are ya

Great news!  His knowledge of the game, experience, and leadership are a key ingredient I was sorry to see go before it got started.  Glad I didn't have to...

razor-trac

On KNWA, Bo had interview with Gary Ervin. He was concerned that Coach Evans was leaving. He said that he had already developed a relationship with him over that last month and half. He said that they watched film of him last year and Coach Evans pointed out areas where he could improve.

This is the best news for our Basketball Program in a long time. Perhaps more important than hiring Coach Pelphry. Evans adds experience and toughness. This will be good during practice. This will be great during recruiting.

They can cover twice the ground with tremendous credibility. We won't have Evans as assistant for long, but I hope we have him through the crucial 07-08 recruiting class.
"We have chosen hope over fear, unity of purpose over conflict and discord." BH Obama at inauguration

"A failure to act, and act now, will turn crisis into a catastrophe and guarantee a longer recession, a less robust recovery, and a more uncertain future. " BH Obama a couple weeks later

That's what I call change.

Jim Harris

Quote from: cosmodrum on June 28, 2007, 02:56:39 pm
Awesome news. I thought he was a shoe-in for the job.

WPS!

He's 60. Sad to say, but nobody 60 is a shoo-in for anything excepting getting sick soon.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

oldfart

Im sure glad he is staying, we need his experience and toughness for this bunch of seniors.  Maybe in the future with a different group of guys it might not be so important but i think for this coming year having Evans is going to be a great benefit to the Hogs

rljjr

keepin' our heads above water, doin' the best that we can ...
Good Times.