Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Schedule

Started by hogs3434, June 29, 2007, 12:11:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogs3434

When will the basketball schedule be out?

slopinhogs

it came out last year about a week before the season started. :razorback:

GO HOGS :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

pigamid

I have heard the Hogs are going to Cancun in August-anybody heard?

501Ben

Quote from: pigamid on June 30, 2007, 12:31:42 pm

That is correct. It will give the team some valuable practice time together.

Tomhog™

Quote from: pigamid on June 30, 2007, 12:31:42 pm

There are several threads on that in here.  They are going to play in some exhibition games, it's not a tournament.

NuttinItUp

I hope they come out with it soon. Why is it football comes out with it so far in advance and basketball always waits till the last minute? Is the scheduling harder? (yes I realize there are more games to schedule for, but it shouldn't take that much longer I wouldn't think)

slopinhogs

i don't think you will see anything on the schedule till school starts in the fall. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

ColumbianHog

I think schools generally have about 10-12 non-conference games.  So we've got:

Missouri
Texas Tech
Baylor

Who else do we know of?  I think we're playing a tourney besides the cancun exhibitions aren't we?

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: ColumbianHog on July 12, 2007, 04:20:35 pm
I think schools generally have about 10-12 non-conference games.  So we've got:

Missouri
Texas Tech
Baylor

Who else do we know of?  I think we're playing a tourney besides the cancun exhibitions aren't we?

oklahoma

still pissed we're not playing texas

ColumbianHog

Wow, so we've got:

Texas Tech
Baylor
Missouri
Oklahoma

Who are the patsies?

jbhicks

That is four Big 12 teams! I wish we would get a home and home with one Pac-10 team and one ACC team. I can't wait until Texas gets on the schedule in 2009.

chiefsfan

Quote from: ColumbianHog on July 12, 2007, 08:24:36 pm
Wow, so we've got:

Texas Tech
Baylor
Missouri
Oklahoma

Who are the patsies?

Well we still have Tulsa and ORU and Appalachian State...etc.  Dont forget there is also a tournament in San Juan, Puerto Rico we will play in around Thanksgiving.. .I dont know who will play with us in the tourney, but I do know we will be the favorite
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Wow, so we've got:

Texas Tech
Baylor
Missouri
Oklahoma

Who are the patsies?

The contract ran out for Texas Tech.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: chiefsfan on July 12, 2007, 10:22:06 pm
Wow, so we've got:

Texas Tech
Baylor
Missouri
Oklahoma

Who are the patsies?

Well we still have Tulsa and ORU and Appalachian State...etc.  Dont forget there is also a tournament in San Juan, Puerto Rico we will play in around Thanksgiving.. .I dont know who will play with us in the tourney, but I do know we will be the favorite
Anyone know if Appy St. is supposed to be as good as they were last year, or did they lose everyone?

Porkem

I wish we played Memphis every year...that area is a gold mine for talented kids that would play here.
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

Tone

I am a little tired of playing the Big 12.  I would like to see us play the ACC or Big East.  Remember the series with UNC.  That was great!  If I recall they would play in Pine Bluff/ Charles Balentine.  I was like 14 years old and remember it like it was yesterday.

The teams I would like to play:

1.  UNC
2.  Duke
3.  Syracuse
4.  Georgetown
5.  Virginia
6.  UConn
7.  Louisville
8.  NC State

MDH

July 13, 2007, 06:52:32 pm #16 Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 06:58:31 pm by MDH
Quote from: Tone-Loc on July 13, 2007, 12:54:05 pm
2.  Duke

It would be great having a home and home with Duke, actually it would be more than great, but I don't see it happening any time soon.  BWA would go absolutely insane for a game against Duke- it would be a grand sight to behold.  It would be cool to have what we could of the '94 team come back for that game.

We need to return to the national spotlight in a big way for this to ever happen.

Louisville could happen though, if they actually wanted to play each other.  That would be a good game.  It would also be a lock to be on TV.
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

chiefsfan

Quote from: MDH on July 13, 2007, 06:52:32 pm
Quote from: Tone-Loc on July 13, 2007, 12:54:05 pm
2.  Duke

It would be great having a home and home with Duke, actually it would be more than great, but I don't see it happening any time soon.  BWA would go absolutely insane for a game against Duke- it would be a grand sight to behold.  It would be cool to have what we could of the '94 team come back for that game.

We need to return to the national spotlight in a big way for this to ever happen.

Louisville could happen though, if they actually wanted to play each other.  That would be a good game.  It would also be a lock to be on TV.

With Pelphrey at Arkansas and Pitino at Louisville this is very likely to happen I think.  Remember we will play a Big East school as part of this SEC/Big East challenge thingy in either 2009 or 2010.  and Id bet Louisville is our opponent.  They wouldnt play Kentucky because those two play each other every year anyway
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

piggingout

What happened to the Texas game?  I thought that we are in a home and home series with them?

805 SOCALHOG

How about a game on the west coast?? It wouldn't hurt recruiting, and the Pac10 is a solid conference.

ColumbianHog

Quote from: piggingout on July 14, 2007, 02:55:23 pm
What happened to the Texas game?  I thought that we are in a home and home series with them?

They backed out / postponed / chickened out / whatever.  Sucks because we would have mopped the floor with them this season.  Probably will in the future anyway but it would have been sweet revenge for the graduating seniors to get to do it this year.

ColumbianHog

Quote from: 805 SOCALHOG on July 14, 2007, 05:47:31 pm
How about a game on the west coast?? It wouldn't hurt recruiting, and the Pac10 is a solid conference.

Let's take 40 minutes of Pel to Southern Cal.  That would be nice.

RedSatinHog

Quote from: chiefsfan on July 12, 2007, 10:22:06 pm
Wow, so we've got:

Texas Tech
Baylor
Missouri
Oklahoma

Who are the patsies?

I hate to say this, but Appalachian State had a heckuva year last year.  I hope we don't get caught with our drawers down that night.

Tulsa and ORU are not pushovers, either.

Also, San Juan PR hasn't been too good to us in the past.  Nolan's team lost to the Div-III host school a few years back.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

NuttinItUp

I have a question for you guys. (of course it may be unknowable)

Do you think we will be playing a home game on the weekend of December 14-16? (Most Home games are Tuesday/Saturday, right? So it would probably be on Saturday, December 15.)

I ask because I am trying to plan a get together thing for some friends of mine, and it would be good if we could go to a ball game as well. (I can wait though if you guys don't know, or it is an unknowable situation)