Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Getting to know you: Pelphrey gets a vote of confidence from state’s high school

Started by Tomhog™, June 24, 2007, 09:53:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomhog™

link

This guy needs to hold a school on how to recruit properly.  He's going to have unbelievable rapport with the in-state coaches (vital for the recruiting class of 2009).  He will also be building relationships througout the south with selective assistant hirings.  I really believe in this guy and what he's accomplished in a short period of time.

bd93

I"m glad that Pel is staying in state.  In 09' this may pay off with Walton and Gulley.

slopinhogs

win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

oldfart

No matter what sport, we need the best that Arkansas has as the core of our teams.  Even if it is only one player a year, we really need to make sure that player is a Razorback.  You can say what you want, but playing for your state, your family and friends means a lot........  gives you that extra impetus.

ColumbianHog

I think Pelphrey is doing a good job so far of getting the in-state talent.  I just hope he doesn't forego excellent out of state recruits in the process. 

As long as in-state talent is at a very high level, this is ok, but eventually he will need to look elsewhere and steal someone from their home state college.

Tomhog™

Quote from: ColumbianHog on June 25, 2007, 11:51:51 am
I think Pelphrey is doing a good job so far of getting the in-state talent.  I just hope he doesn't forego excellent out of state recruits in the process. 

As long as in-state talent is at a very high level, this is ok, but eventually he will need to look elsewhere and steal someone from their home state college.

Eventually is 2008, this year.  There is no in-state SEC talent and we have a lot of vacancies to fill after this next season...

ColumbianHog

Quote from: Tomcat on June 25, 2007, 11:58:32 am
Quote from: ColumbianHog on June 25, 2007, 11:51:51 am

Eventually is 2008, this year.  There is no in-state SEC talent and we have a lot of vacancies to fill after this next season...

If that's true then I guess we won't have to wait long to see.

Although evidence shows that he is able to bring in out-of-state talent.  We just have to look at his Florida and USA resumes.  I have very little doubt that he can bring them to Fayetteville as well.

chiefsfan

Im not worried about his out of state recruiting.  The main reason he signed instate guys this year was because in the late recruiting period, thats all he had time to do.   With a full time to recruit, I imagine he will have no problem getting players from out of state...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Tomhog™

Quote from: chiefsfan on June 25, 2007, 01:21:35 pm
Im not worried about his out of state recruiting.  The main reason he signed instate guys this year was because in the late recruiting period, thats all he had time to do.   With a full time to recruit, I imagine he will have no problem getting players from out of state...

I think we have an upgrade in recruiters.  Stan would likely have not gotten either Sanchez or Britt.  In fact, I'm not sure who he would have ended up with.