Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

texas game pushed back 1 year

Started by chiefsfan, June 22, 2007, 01:53:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

chiefsfan

per the ADG.   We will not play texas at Walton Arena next year...they will come in for the 08-09 season

Baylor has been picked up as a replacement for Texas Tech.  That will be a 2 game series...but it may bea  neutral site series...Ill have to check

Appalachian State will be the Alltel Arena opponent next year
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

TheArkansasTraveller

Quote from: chiefsfan on June 22, 2007, 01:53:13 pm
per the ADG.   We will not play texas at Walton Arena next year...they will come in for the 08-09 season

Baylor has been picked up as a replacement for Texas Tech.  That will be a 2 game series...but it may bea  neutral site series...Ill have to check

Appalachian State will be the Alltel Arena opponent next year

WTH!!!!   I HATE the Texass Longhorns!  They knew they would run into a buzz saw in the Bud Bowl. 

The Boar War

Yeah that does seem a little strange to decide to not play a team full of seniors in a hostile atmosphere.  It sure is nice of them to decide to come back when we have a bunch of freshmen.  Is there any legitimate reason for this?  I dont have the ADG.

chiefsfan

Quote from: The Boar War on June 22, 2007, 05:57:48 pm
Yeah that does seem a little strange to decide to not play a team full of seniors in a hostile atmosphere.  It sure is nice of them to decide to come back when we have a bunch of freshmen.  Is there any legitimate reason for this?  I dont have the ADG.

didnt say
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Smithian

That makes me furious. Now we'll have a bunch of frosh who aren't sure how to dribble and they'll get their butts handed to them by Texas. We'll then here the Texas faithful claiming they own us in BBall.

If they played us next year, Rick Barnes knows we would kick the living feces out of them.

3kgthog

Was there a reason given for this stupid move?

Surely both sides would have to agree to this right? If so, why the heck did we cave in and let them out of a contract?

Who on the hill keeps scheduling these stupid games for Alltel? We don't need to play there for basketball to survive. The place hasn't sold out. Not even for the Illinois series. How many would they expect for Appalachian St., 6,000-7,000? I doubt even that many.

chiefsfan

Quote from: 3kgthog on June 22, 2007, 07:25:04 pm
Was there a reason given for this stupid move?

Surely both sides would have to agree to this right? If so, why the heck did we cave in and let them out of a contract?

Who on the hill keeps scheduling these stupid games for Alltel? We don't need to play there for basketball to survive. The place hasn't sold out. Not even for the Illinois series. How many would they expect for Appalachian St., 6,000-7,000? I doubt even that many.

no reason given.  In fact this was the first I had heard of it.   Maybe the dem gaz goofed.  But it said clearly the Texas game has been pushed back to 2008

Hollywood_HOGan45

that sucks royally

i was really really looking forward to Texas coming to Bud Walton.

Smithian

I could getting more and more frustrated thinking about this.

Bomis Hawg

Drew has done a fair job in rebuilding Baylor from the mess it was in.
That should be an interesting match-up.

chiefsfan

Baylor will be played in Dallas. 

Confirmed for a Road game next year at Oklahoma.    And dont forget Mike Anderson and Missouri still come to the Bud this year

coach, my back hurts

I assume that if the Baylor game is played in a nuetral site then when they come to ARK that game will be played in a nuetral site(Alltel).

Its also conveniate(sp) that we play them in football in '08 after we lose McFadden(more than likely anyways).

I'm sure there are more reasons behind it than that, but its good to be pissed at TX about something.  Just keeps the hate at a higher level ;D

RBLtoHOG

That's just wonderful.... we play Texas when we lose half our bball team just like in football.... We play them in football in 08 after we lose DMac, Monk, Hillis, possible Jones, and a lot more....
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

chiefsfan

There have been alot of coincedence's with Texas lately

we are scheduled to play them for a home and home in baseball, and they back out right after we happen to sign Jess Todd and Duke Welker

We are scheduled to play them in football, but the series cannot possibly begin untill 2008, which happens to be the year after the top running back in the country and his outstanding backup go pro

We are scheduled to play them at home in basketball during a year that Texas lost alot of players and we return 6 seniors, and they happen to ask for a year off

Lots of interesting coincedences if you ask me

ColumbianHog

Sounds like they're besting Frank one last time...

Hollywood_HOGan45

we should have kept them to their agreement.

i couldnt care less about playing Baylor. If we lose to Baylor, we look like crap.

spudhog

that's just texas being texas. i am glad frank took one in the backside one more time before he exits the oval office. way to go out with a bang their frank

Smithian

How can someone support Broyles these last 5 years? We should have atleast made them pay us some cash.

RedSatinHog

If it's true, we let the Horns off the hook on this one.  We were in a position to pop their bubble this season.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd