Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2008 NCAA Regionals at Alltel

Started by T2 RZB, May 26, 2007, 09:52:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

T2 RZB

May 26, 2007, 09:52:39 pm Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 09:57:54 pm by T2 RZB
I've been wondering about the tickets I applied and paid for for the 2008 NCAA 1st and 2nd round games that will be at Alltel.  Does anyone know where that process is?  I haven't heard anything and haven't had a refund posted to my credit card.

jry04

Don't worry man. I bought tickets too. However, due to the NCAA wanting everyone to have a fair chance at getting tickets, they aren't on a first come first serve basis. More applications for tickets were filled out than they had tickets so it became a lottery system. They will draw for the tickets and you will be notified if you get them sometime in June or July. I can't remember the exact date, but I am sure somebody on here will know.

T2 RZB

Thanks.  Yeah, I knew that there were more applicants than tickets and that the cut off was May 1, but I have not heard anything stating when the people who applied would be notified if they had actually gotten tickets or not.  It just seems that if they have a definite universe of people who are in the pool and a definite number of tickets to be allocated that all it would take is some simple math and a selection process.

Hawgwood AR

The ticket application stated:

"In the case of a random-selection process, applicants will be notified whether they were successful and will receive any refunds by June 1, 2007."

"Applicants will receive tickets no later than January 31, 2008..."

Of course, it also said the service charge of $9 per ticket would be waived if applying in person at the Alltel Arena Box Office.

I'm still anxiously checking my mail hoping to get lucky.

RedSatinHog

When I went to the first/second round regionals in New Orleans in 1999, I bought the tickets over the telephone a couple of days before the event.  Of course, the Superdome holds more folks than Alltel does, but when the list of teams involved included Kentucky and you consider how well and far their fans travel to watch them play, it's still kind of mind-boggling to think I got tickets like that.
Pts/Game: 122nd
Rebounds/Game: 208th
Assists/Game:  240th
FG%:  173rd

zebra

I was charged for my tickets on my credit card, I was thinking that meant I was guaranteed tickets, but I guess they could still refund me.

moses_007

Wonder why there have never been any NCAA men's regionals at Walton Arena?

zebra

I just recieved this email this morning:

Dir Sir or Madam

We regret to inform you that your application for
tickets to the 2008 NCAA Men's Division I Basketball
Championship First/Second Round to held March 21 & 23,
2008 at Alltel Arena was not selected during the random
selection process.

Please note the following about your refund:

1.  If your submitted your application by phone, mail
or fax, the $9.00 per ticket service charge is
NON-REFUNDABLE.  This amount has been excluded from
your refund.
2.  If you paid by check, your refund check was mailed
to the name and address on your application on
Wednesday, May 30, 2007.
3.  If you paid by credit card, a credit to your
account was processed on Wednesday, May 30, 2007.

Additional tickets may become available during
tournament week - please contact the Alltel Arena box
office at 501-975-9000 as it gets closer to tournament
time.

Thank you for your continued support of the NCAA.

jethro

NIce racket.  "Even if we do not select your name, we will keep a $9 fee to let you try for tix."  At the average order for 4 tix, that is $36  per order that the NCAA nakes scott free.  Who knows the number of people around the country that wound up paying whether they got tix or not.
Registered in 2003.

Least post per day average on this board.

jry04

Quote from: zebra on May 31, 2007, 10:06:29 am
I was charged for my tickets on my credit card, I was thinking that meant I was guaranteed tickets, but I guess they could still refund me.
If you pay by credit card it charges you, but you are refunded if you don't get them. I was charged too.

zebra

Quote from: jethro on May 31, 2007, 11:37:40 am
NIce racket.  "Even if we do not select your name, we will keep a $9 fee to let you try for tix."  At the average order for 4 tix, that is $36  per order that the NCAA nakes scott free.  Who knows the number of people around the country that wound up paying whether they got tix or not.

I ordered 8, I'm out $72 bucks, for nothing.

ColumbianHog

May 31, 2007, 01:20:37 pm #11 Last Edit: May 31, 2007, 01:26:19 pm by ColumbianHog
Quote from: zebra on May 31, 2007, 01:14:10 pm

Dude...you got hosed.  That sucks.

jry04

I haven't got an email saying anything yet. Maybe that is a good thing.

chiefsfan

Thats why I decided to wait until around March.   Tickets always come open then.  Even though I can tell you that there will be a good crowd here simply because Arkansas has never hosted the NCAA tourney before...I think

I went to watch a tourney in Memphis several years back, got tickets at the door.   Interesting fact is that Michigan state was playing there and stan heath was the assistant.    I had no clue I would be looking at one of the factors in why Arkasnas sports is where it is today...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

ColumbianHog

Quote from: chiefsfan on May 31, 2007, 04:16:42 pm

Thats why I decided to wait until around March.   Tickets always come open then.  Even though I can tell you that there will be a good crowd here simply because Arkansas has never hosted the NCAA tourney before...I think

I went to watch a tourney in Memphis several years back, got tickets at the door.   Interesting fact is that Michigan state was playing there and stan heath was the assistant.    I had no clue I would be looking at one of the factors in why Arkasnas sports is where it is today...

Did MSU win the championship that season?

Hawgwood AR

I know a few people that have rec'd the email notification that they didn't get tickets.  Has anyone been notified they are receiving tickets?

SardisHog

Only my visa bill at this point.
"You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it."<br />- Robin Williams

jry04

I was selected. If you haven't got a notice through mail or email that you haven't been selected than you have probably been accepted and will recieve a noticification in the mail soo.

EEHawg

My advice for those of you that got hosed is to gripe like the dickens.  I called the Alltel box office today and griped.  I called my credit card and disputed the charges.  I am about to send an e-mail to pmr@ncaa.org and ncaa2008@alltelarena.com and tell them this is the first and last time they're screwing me over like this.

zebra

Quote from: EEHawg on June 06, 2007, 10:16:47 pm
My advice for those of you that got hosed is to gripe like the dickens.  I called the Alltel box office today and griped.  I called my credit card and disputed the charges.  I am about to send an e-mail to pmr@ncaa.org and ncaa2008@alltelarena.com and tell them this is the first and last time they're screwing me over like this.

Let us know, if you get anything out of it.

Ouachihog

Not to mention the 0% loan the NCAA got from everyone who tried to purchase tickets....
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

hogfankb

Anyone know if corporate tickets had to go through this process. I bought tickets through my employer but I assumed they were guaranteed.

I did that several months before they were available to the public so I better get my tickets.

jhud

The $9 charge was clearly explained on the application so you should have known the risk you were taking.  Also I do not believe the $9 goes to the NCAA but to the ticket agency.

Hawgwood AR

The $9 fee was INCORRECTLY explained on the application.  It point blank stated "The service charge will be waived if applying for tickets in person at the Alltel Arena Box Office."  At the box office it was claimed the fee was only waived for cash transactions.  There were several irate applicants that wasted a trip to the arena and still had to pay the $9. 

axedawg

So has anyone actually received email notification that they were selected for tickets??

psychopig

I have been wondering about this too.  Thankfully, I finally got a letter in the mail today that said I was selected to receive tickets.  I won't get the tickets until January 2008.

axedawg

My girlfriend called me last night with the good news.  She received the acknowledgment that she was selected for tickets.  I'm really glad cz I had sent her to Alltel Arena the first morning that they went on sale and even though it's a random selection process I still feel that it helped immensely.    ;D