Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ALL ESPN/BG Threads here!

Started by southern hawg, March 28, 2007, 11:03:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

southern hawg

It just scrolled across the bottom that the Houston Chronicle is reporting that BG and TAMU have agreed to an extension through 2012.

danoobsminion

Table Rocker

Quote from: southern hawg on March 28, 2007, 11:03:04 pm
It just scrolled across the bottom that the Houston Chronicle is reporting that BG and TAMU have agreed to an extension through 2012.
two problems with that: houston, chronicle

hawaiianhogster

It's a ploy to get us off their coach.

jschulte

Not sure if this has been posted... but espn article was updated AGAIN at 10:30, maybe you guys know what is different --

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2815868

Table Rocker

Quote from: jschulte on March 28, 2007, 11:07:18 pm
Not sure if this has been posted... but espn article was updated AGAIN at 10:30, maybe you guys know what is different --

they changed 'thee' to 'the' in the third sentence of the fifth paragraph

IHateVitale

media blitz, all it is, the extension still has to go through the TAMU board of regents
Darren McFadden~The greatest Razorback ever.  501 baby

AstroHawg

kfloamy

bobetty

Houston Chronicle is using their own pressure tactics. BG has said nothing publicly!  ::)

Manbearpig

I read it.  I will try to find the extension.

VetRock

Quote from: southern hawg on March 28, 2007, 11:03:04 pm
Crap, and Houston just extended Tom Penders contract too.

I remember the bottom line declaring Rodriguez as Alabama's coach.  That being said, I still prefer Floyd.
"Gaps!"
"Gaps?"
"Yeah, Gaps.  She got gaps, I got gaps, together we got no gaps."
---From The Movie "Rocky"

danoobsminion

Well if your waiting to see if board will accept it, don't bother it will be accepted, but BCG just needs to saying something, I dont care what it is.

Dwight_K_Shrute

The only good thing about that paper is the chronic.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Oliver

So much for being back in the mix.

Stumps

Didn't know that the Houston Chronicle has clout over ESPN...good to know.

Merle Hawggard

Quote from: Table Rocker on March 28, 2007, 11:08:26 pm

now thats attention to details
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"If I tell you a rooster can pull a freight train....hook his a$$ up!!\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\" Terry Whitlock

Table Rocker

Quote from: Merle Hawggard on March 28, 2007, 11:13:16 pm
Quote from: Table Rocker on March 28, 2007, 11:08:26 pm

now thats attention to details

f*ckin a, merle

superjw

sounds like BG is slipping away....
The Law of Insanity is this - doing things the same way and expecting different results.

WizardofhOgZ

Talks about the twists and turns today, including BCG's re-emergence into the picture tonight.

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=10&p=2&c=630836

Arkiebrian

I like this article...

Honestly, all we've read all day long and all we've heard all day long has been rumors and speculation.  The Internet exacerbates the situation.

U.P. HOGG

TCHAWG

ESPN News justb reported Gillispie agrees to extension with ATM through the 2012 season

hoginator

Quote from: TCHAWG on March 28, 2007, 11:36:59 pm
ESPN News justb reported Gillispie agrees to extension with ATM through the 2012 season
Wow! A new contract spin! A coach gets his own "ATM"...  ;)
Someone who doesn't stand for something will fall for anything...

Ulysses_S_Grunt

anyone else see this? I don't like believing anything these guys with 2 posts say

Oliver

must be true then.

U.P. HOGG

With all due respect, did that come out of BCG mouth or not?

WizardofhOgZ

U.P. HOGG

bender

Texas A&M and Billy Gillispie agree to contract extension through 2012!

THIS SUCKS!

Arkiebrian

U.P. HOGG

sowmonella

Link please.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

pokerhog

March 28, 2007, 11:40:31 pm #33 Last Edit: March 28, 2007, 11:42:42 pm by pokerhog

Espn is reporting old news from today. Why hasn't the SID @ A&M reported anything about BG accepting an extension or even saying he wasn't interested in the Ark. Oh, and why did Frank say he didn't even talk to Gillispie today. Maybe they're waiting to meet with one another, has anybody thought about that yet?

I don't see any way Frank lets this go until they actually talk or meet.

JigNPig

I just saw it on ESPN ticker...But it said that the extension is being reported by the Houston Chronicle....just as others on this board have already reported
Go Hogs!  Woooooo Pig Sooie!

Oliver

It did scroll on the bottom part of the screen.  But since the Houston Chronicle has been so dead on so far, I wouldn't put much stock in it.

U.P. HOGG

Nothing will be reported this late.

playboy

I saw it scrolling on the bottom of Sportscenter.  It said the HOuston Chronicle reported it.  Same as in the other thread.

Kevin Bacon

How could he have signed a contract when the BOR hasn't even met yet???

hoganator

I have seen none of that on espn!  I have been watching for 30 minutes or so just to take break from. 

jamie72921

Bless your heart

bender

I am a huge HOG fan! I wish he was coming here!

TCHAWG

Believe it or not just go to ESPN news and read it for your self

razornole

i didn't check the link.  did it mention that espn is saying bg has a contract extension to 2012?  hey isn't that when the Myan calendar stops?
Broyles is Porter Waggoner trying to play hip-hop - John Brummett

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: Kevin Bacon on March 28, 2007, 11:41:16 pm

Hmmmmmmm..I wonder.

LuckyGiraffe

Quote from: Oliver Miller on March 28, 2007, 11:40:47 pm
It did scroll on the bottom part of the screen.  But since the Houston Chronicle has been so dead on so far, I wouldn't put much stock in it.

Yeah... they've been dead on... then changed the story to dead on... then changed the story again.  How many times do you get to edit the story before you get it right, not to mention that it became less definite with each re-write.

chitownhog

As reported by The Houston Chronicle, the same report that came out this morning.  Old news.

WMHawgfan

To be honest, I don't see anything in that article that gives me hope. It seems they are saying it is not a closed matter simply because BG has not returned their phone calls to say no. He probably has no intentions of talking to them at all, He will just sign the aTm contract.

Kevin Bacon

Quote from: U.P.  HOGG on March 28, 2007, 11:42:37 pm

Hmmmmmmm..I wonder.
Sounds like more smoke and mirrors from or Aggies to me!

pokerhog

Quote from: U.P.  HOGG on March 28, 2007, 11:42:37 pm

Hmmmmmmm..I wonder.

The SID @ A&M hasn't reported anything about BG accepting an extension or even saying he wasn't interested in the Ark. Oh, and why did Frank say he didn't even talk to Gillispie today. Maybe they're waiting to meet with one another, has anybody thought about that yet?

I don't see any way Frank lets this go until they actually talk or meet.