Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Houston Chronicle: Officials say Gillispie will stay at A&M

Started by Oliver, March 28, 2007, 10:33:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pigonometry

Quote from: Craig O Squeal on March 28, 2007, 11:19:42 am
Just got the Breaking News email alert that said the same thing that the Houston Chronicle was saying. I believe we've been snookered. On to Plan B.

You're assuming there was a Plan B.  I'm not so sure..........
Baseball is simple, but never easy.

hoginsanfran

still no word from BG......   could be like bama......

OldArmy94

Except that John Lopez is an Aggie, with strong contacts to the A&M athletic department, and would not put his neck on the line unless he had the BEST of assurances. 

Of course, things can turn out differently so I guess we'll see soon enough if this is true.

UAfan

AstroHawg

Well, has Stan taken a job yet?

HOGansHero

Well, JFB cannot use April Fools with Stan can he?  :-\

Craig O Squeal

Quote from: Ouachihog on March 28, 2007, 11:22:43 am
This is just linking the exact same story from the Chronicle.  We don't know anything yet.  Stewie still maintains that nothing has changed. 
While I applaud his stance, I'm beginning to think we need to throw in the towel and move on to Plan B.

HawgAlude

FB- to Heath wow we made a mistake would you like to have your team and job back?

3kgthog

Quit making excuses about BCG didn't want to be here so screw him, he's not the coach for us, and bla bla bla. Frank had one bullet in his gun and he shot himself in the marble sack with it.

Thanks to those Hogvillians and their supposed "great information." Just another load of false rumors to throw in the Razorback closet. Please no more 48 hours, next Tuesday, we're 99% sure BCG will coach the Hogs, etc.

Sincerely,

the boy who cried wolf

Darren DeLoach

ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

SlickWillie

Quote from: hogfan30 on March 28, 2007, 10:39:46 am
If this is true, I will be so happy.  Nothing will make we happier than seeing the fans and the administration get screwed, after they screwed over a good man.
I hope the program bounces back after that, but I don't want to see any coach, finish what Stan started, take credit for it, and then have the likes of you badmouthing Stan.

hogfan30 i could not agree more

hogs25

Yep, they just said on KATV that he ain't comming.  NEXT

Tiredofhogssucking

Quote from: Oliver Miller on March 28, 2007, 10:33:08 am
This really sucks:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4668232.html

We should have left Stan alone!  I posted several times, saying we needed to give Stan more time and all I got was backlash! 

I can't wait to see who we end up with.....

My guess is the Houston Nutt of College Basketball!!!!

A guy who can only recruit the 8th or 9th best recruiting classes in the SEC! 

Get ready for some down years in both Football and Basketball!!!

tigertrash

Quote from: IHateVitale on March 28, 2007, 11:11:16 am
Quote from: pfrg999 on March 28, 2007, 11:07:49 am
if that is true, Why isn't everyone else reporting it... The new contract and the BG is staying... It may be or It's Just a case of Premature Speculation

it has been said (as lopez says) by several houston tv stations a couple days ago. that was posted on here and you didn't believe it then. i am not sure how much writing on the wall you need. you are creating your own anguish.
btw, maybe not such a big deal with nationals like espn as is with you. but in fairness to espn, they have basically said the same, but you dismiss them also. i guess you won't be satisfied until you hear a pc from your school. you more than likely won't hear from BCG publically--not his style, which has also been told to you several times. it was nice to hope for it, but come on, now you only try to keep the rumors going and cause your ua-brethren to have false hope. i told you and someone on your own board told you that chris berman--houston fox sprts director reported 2 nights ago that pat foster said not happening, but of course you put the spin on that. i told you chris berman is ALWAYS dead on and well known for his abilities to get the scoop better than anyone.

good luck to all of you who are in touch with reality. in spite of the negative back and forth between ags and hogs, both are good sports about it and hope for the best regardless of the outcome.

no one with any decency really wants the other to suffer.

thats what im thinking, why isn't this all over espn and cbssportsline? lets calm down a second, i mean steve sullivan or craig o'neil hasn't even butted into a program yet

tigertrash

RandyFromJohnson

Quote from: UAfan on March 28, 2007, 10:44:34 am
If this does fall through...how is it JFB's fault?  You guys think JFB is just some idiot that is somehow running our athletic dept.  He's been doing it for 50 FREAKING YEARS and you don't think that he was told by BG or whoever that he was very interested in the job?  Give me a break.  If anything BG screwed us over and so did their AD. 
If JFB truly DID put the screws to BCG then, yes, it IS his fault. If BCG is truly who you WANT as your HC you don't give him a "respond by 5pm Wednesday or the offer is gone" kind of ultimatum. That bull might have played back in the '70's but it is NOT how business is done now. Especially since BCG holds all the cards in this negotiotion. This just adds more fuel to the argument that JFB has overstayed his usefullness if he allowed himself to get played, as appears to have happened.

d1nonlyhogfan

Quote from: RandyFromJohnson on March 28, 2007, 12:45:30 pm
Quote from: UAfan on March 28, 2007, 10:44:34 am
If this does fall through...how is it JFB's fault?  You guys think JFB is just some idiot that is somehow running our athletic dept.  He's been doing it for 50 FREAKING YEARS and you don't think that he was told by BG or whoever that he was very interested in the job?  Give me a break.  If anything BG screwed us over and so did their AD. 
If JFB truly DID put the screws to BCG then, yes, it IS his fault. If BCG is truly who you WANT as your HC you don't give him a "respond by 5pm Wednesday or the offer is gone" kind of ultimatum. That bullcrap might have played back in the '70's but it is NOT how business is done now. Especially since BCG holds all the cards in this negotiotion. This just adds more fuel to the argument that JFB has overstayed his usefullness if he allowed himself to get played, as appears to have happened.
JFB probably only offered him $1.5 anyway.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

Squealers

http://arkansasbusiness.com/article.aspx?lID=81&sID=82&ms=83&cID=Z&aID=97627.29550.109753

I am sure this has been discussed ad nausem, but I am in Berlin Germany on business, and I received this email from Arkansas Business.com.   Says Gillispie is staying put.

Guess we need to expand our search.

ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

Hugehogsfan

Well we haven't really confirmed this story, but it isn't looking good.

NuttinItUp

Well, since it has taken so long, I don't have high hopes.

Squealers

Quote from: NuttinItUp on March 28, 2007, 02:17:39 pm
Well, since it has taken so long, I don't have high hopes.

I agree, and I would assume that official notification will be coming soon.  In the meantime I hope we keep looking for a stellar coach to replace Heath.  We do not need to be another training ground for up and coming coaches.
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.