Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Houston Chronicle: Officials say Gillispie will stay at A&M

Started by Oliver, March 28, 2007, 10:33:08 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hugehogsfan

booogaga

it was obvious to me he was just using us as a hold our for more money. and our 82 year old ad took the bait.
UNEXPERIENCED MID LEVEL CHEAP COACH HERE WE COME!

unbelievable.
GO HOGS!

razorhog3

Oh Boy! What has Frank gone and done to us now??? This is crazy! 

PiggyBack

Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

OneLardAlmighty

Quote from: Oliver Miller on March 28, 2007, 10:33:08 am
This really sucks:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4668232.html

If this is correct, and I'm betting it is, get ready for the seige.  We're going to look like Bama, though there won't be any Saban waiting for us at the other end of the rainbow.

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

Hawgasaurus

The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

WBChogfan

BFG

Don't worry, Arkansas is a great job and I have a feeling that you'll get a great coach if good money is offered.

razordan

Hogwild01

cosmodrum

Go away, batin'

kawhog

??? This is breaking news from the Houston Chronicle.

Breaking News
John Lopez (Houston Chronicle) is now reporting that Gillespie is staying at A&M.... Will not pursue any (repeat: ANY) jobs now. Construction on new facility to start immediately. Salary close to $2MM/yr. BOR to rubber stamp preliminary proposal reached between Byrne and Gillespie.

PiggyBack

Thanks JFB for turning our program into the sort of place that BIG NAME coaches run away from.

You da man.
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

Hog Fan 51

The over used wildcat will be rendered ineffective as it was after our 8-0 starting QB was benched!

Lucky #7

It wasn't the money.  It was that guaranty that they would expedite the start of construction on the new facilities.  They annoyed him when they broke ground several months back and then basically did nothing.  He was just firing a shot across the bow and letting them know what would happen if they didn't get the facilities going.

HawgAlude

I knew this would happen should have been announced yesterday if it was going to happen. Oh well Steve Shields next basketball coach at the UoA??????

DrSwineESQ

I just checked, and no, the sky isn't falling.  Good grief some of you are simply unbelievable. 

EasternOkie

Quote from: Hogwild01 on March 28, 2007, 10:37:38 am

I hope this isn't true...but it doesnt look good to me.

Until BG says it, I won't believe it.  This guy says "three high-ranking A&M officials told him this".  This means absolutely nothing other than this guy (Lopez?) will look like a tool if/when BG becomes the UA coach.

Houston h

I just downed a glass of Patron!  When is this stuff going to end??????????

Since 1894

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

BFG

John Lopez is an aggie.  Don't believe anything he says.

Hawgasaurus

The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.

Swine Herder

I thought our Mods GARANTEED that he was coming here!!! Done deal!!!! etec. etc. etc. I am very sad. This Sucks Huge.

Hugehogsfan

I would tend to believe that the newspaper wouldn't report it if it wasn't true, but there have been a few stories run in the last few days by Arkansas media that might also be true, so I will wait for the official notification.

DickSonstreetDFW

Relax, guys.  He is a SWEET 16 coach for fricks sake.

He ain't Jesus.

We've had better coaches, and we will be ok.

DickW

Wait, I will not believe this until Opine confirms.  He is in the know and I have learned to wait for his opinion.

hogfan30

If this is true, I will be so happy.  Nothing will make we happier than seeing the fans and the administration get screwed, after they screwed over a good man.
I hope the program bounces back after that, but I don't want to see any coach, finish what Stan started, take credit for it, and then have the likes of you badmouthing Stan.

fightintxag

http://chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/4668232.html
John Lopez is an Aggie, and began his journalism career writing for the Battallion (A&M school newspaper).  He's been covering Aggie Basketball since the Shelby Metcalf era.

kawhog

razordan

Ironhawg

Boys I've got a really bad feeling we are witnessing the beginning of the end of relevancy of Arkansas basketball.

WBChogfan

Hopes dashed, yet again...

Man, it sucks to be a Razorback fan these days...

cuppycup

Who are these officials?  Interesting to say the least.

booogaga

i am bummed but this doesnt suprise me at all.
GO HOGS!

The_Bionic_Pig

This really sucks:

That is all the Dallas Morning News & Houston Chronicle have been running the past 72 hours...   You guys need to stop relying on Newspaper articles predictions when it is very apparent that they are obtaining their information from Texas A&M directly.  I mean come on their source is a Aggie Official...LMAO!!!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

WBChogfan

Quote from: DickSonstreetDFW on March 28, 2007, 10:39:32 am

He ain't Jesus.

That's the key.  I want us to HAVE a better coach.

Houston h

...........second shot of Patron!!!!!!!!!! HDN is starting to look better and better, wonder if he can coach basketball!!!!!!!!!  Strike that, it's the tequila talking!

slopinhogs

i didn't ever think we would get him anyway A&Ms pockets are too deep. wher er we gonna look now?
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

razordan

W_KY_Hog

three high-ranking aggie officials quoted....sounds bad for us...

hogfan30

I am very excited about this.  Screwing over a good man may come back to bite our fans and administration.
In my mind, this is a good thing.

For the record:  If you really want a GOOD COACH...from watching him for his tenure there...pick up Marshall from Winthrop. 

Seriously, I love this guy, he is going to do it big, wherever he goes.

d1nonlyhogfan

"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

Hogwild01

porkchopscott

Oliver

Quote from: Lard O Mercy on March 28, 2007, 10:43:00 am
Quote from: DickSonstreetDFW on March 28, 2007, 10:39:32 am

He ain't Jesus.

If they want to pay him $2mm then they can keep him.  He isn't worth more than $1.5mm.  He has a sweet sixteen appearance and has never won a championship in anything.  I believe he's a good coach but for that kind of money we can find someone better than him......someone with NBA experience.

It's this kind of thinking that is exactly why we won't get anybody big in here to coach the Razorbacks.

UAfan

If this does fall through...how is it JFB's fault?  You guys think JFB is just some idiot that is somehow running our athletic dept.  He's been doing it for 50 FREAKING YEARS and you don't think that he was told by BG or whoever that he was very interested in the job?  Give me a break.  If anything BG screwed us over and so did their AD. 

Conway Cool Daddy

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 28, 2007, 10:41:19 am
This really sucks:

That is all the Dallas Morning News & Houston Chronicle have been running the past 72 hours...   You guys need to stop relying on Newspaper articles predictions when it is very apparent that they are obtaining their information from Texas A&M directly.  I mean come on their source is a Aggie Official...LMAO!!!

Never, ever trust an Aggie. This smacks of Spin by TAMU's atheletic dept. The same guys who wouldn't even have the decency to pick up teh damn phone!

I'll beleive it when Billy G confirms.................