Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

103.7 The Buzz says BCG and JFB now talking.

Started by JusJim, March 27, 2007, 05:40:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NEAHawgfan

Quote from: PorkOpine on March 27, 2007, 05:43:51 pm
Let them go broke.  BCG is not worth 2.4 per year.
Thank you!!! Finally a voice of reason.

texashog2002

Look if they can Pay Fran 2.0 million a year for doing next to nothing they can afford to give BCG more than that.
He has done more if this goes into a bidding war we will lose for sure.  FB isn't going to bankrupt the athletic depatment for BCG.  Besides he would have to give Nutt job a big raise.  He is a better coach than Fran

jdlee23

Quote from: texashog2002 on March 27, 2007, 07:49:56 pm
Look if they can Pay Fran 2.0 million a year for doing next to nothing they can afford to give BCG more than that.
He has done more if this goes into a bidding war we will lose for sure.  FB isn't going to bankrupt the athletic depatment for BCG.  Besides he would have to give Nutt job a big raise.  He is a better coach than Fran

Dude, their football revenue is astronomical.  Kyle Field seats over 90K and is sold out from now till forever.  If they didn't pay Fran 2.0 Mil something would be wrong.

jst01

Quote from: LWells on March 27, 2007, 06:45:53 pm
What do you have in the whole state?  Maybe 1/2 dozen fortune 500 members.  I bet we have more than that in the Dallas Metroplex alone!

I'm an Arkie but I moved to Texas as soon as I could!

Whats Dallas got to do with anything.
thats the point, College station and A&M play second fiddle to Dallas, Houston, San Antonio, Austin, etc. etc., etc. , etc........U of A is the only thing AR has and BG knows this!

texashog2002

Quote from: jdlee23 on March 27, 2007, 07:52:40 pm
Quote from: texashog2002 on March 27, 2007, 07:49:56 pm

Dude, their football revenue is astronomical.  Kyle Field seats over 90K and is sold out from now till forever.  If they didn't pay Fran 2.0 Mil something would be wrong.

Hogtide

Frank ain't paying 2.5.  Billy leveraged us pretty darn good if he's getting 2.4 from A&M.  That's absurd and would be more than Fran makes whom if I'm not mistaken has a clause in his contract that no coach at A&M could be paid higher than him.  I could be mistaken on that but if it is indeed true then they'll have to shell out some more to Fran.   

texashog2002

Look at the attendence Kyle seaty 87,500 close to 88,000 and only sells out for TU and OU

texashog2002

and by the way I have aggie friends and if you asked any of them whom they would want to stick around it aint Fran 8)

Tusker4life

If we are getting stupid enough to pay 2.4 million for a coach, why not offer it to coach K?

Are we talking to any other coaches? Assuming BG is playing us?  :razorback: :razorback:
Cheering for Alabama because they are in the SEC is like cheering for the Devil because he is in the Bible...

fightintexasaggie

It is funny how rumors just go wild.

1. No one knows if BCG will even take the call from UA. He didn't take the call from Indiana - which is a heckuva job.

2. No one has any confirmation about this 2.4 number that is being wildly speculated.

3. Who says there is or will be a bidding war. Maybe, just maybe, BCG gets a nice raise and goes about his business.

4. Some of the other names bandied about - Self, et al - kinds of makes me wonder about the brain power of those suggesting that these guys would leave those plum jobs.

rzrbak4life

Quote from: fightintexasaggie on March 27, 2007, 10:01:22 pm
It is funny how rumors just go wild.

1. No one knows if BCG will even take the call from UA. He didn't take the call from Indiana - which is a heckuva job.

2. No one has any confirmation about this 2.4 number that is being wildly speculated.

3. Who says there is or will be a bidding war. Maybe, just maybe, BCG gets a nice raise and goes about his business.

4. Some of the other names bandied about - Self, et al - kinds of makes me wonder about the brain power of those suggesting that these guys would leave those plum jobs.

Maybe, but I wouldn't call TAMU a plum job.  More like a stepping stone.

HogFan514

March 27, 2007, 10:38:51 pm #111 Last Edit: March 27, 2007, 10:40:35 pm by HogFan514
Quote from: sadhog on March 27, 2007, 05:44:39 pm
Seriously consider this question.  Is a coach who has never seen a class of his own graduate worth 2.4 million dollars?  Is a coach who has never been past the sweet sixteen worth that much?

Don't confuse this for discouragement, but for $2.4 million, I'd expect Dean Smith or John Wooden.

Seriously answer this question.

Is a coach that came in and  turned a team around from 0-16

to a #3 seed in the NCAA tourney in 3 years worth that much??

I dont care who u are, thats pretty inpressive.

and to answer yur question

I would have to say...

YESSS!!!!

jackflash

they will not go that high to get a basketball coach, because they  will have turn around a pay the football coach, can you see Arkansas paying 4 million in two salaries. If becomes a bidding war, we will lose. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

hawaiianhogster

nurowdy

If we are banking on the fact that the Walmart/Tyson fortunes could win any bidding war, we are expecting a lot.  They do not seem ready to pony up to get rid of Nutt.