Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

103.7 The Buzz says BCG and JFB now talking.

Started by JusJim, March 27, 2007, 05:40:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JusJim

Appearantly JFB could not get ahold of (probably intentional) the AD from Texas A & M.  Seems he was not answering his phone.

Anyhow Suggs ended up calling the Chancellor of Texas A & M to get permission for AR to talk to BCG, and 103.7 reported that "the parties" are now talking.

fu-man-soo

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: JusJim on March 27, 2007, 05:40:45 pm
Appearantly JFB could not get ahold of (probably intentional) the AD from Texas A & M.  Seems he was not answering his phone.

Anyhow Suggs ended up calling the Chancellor of Texas A & M to get permission for AR to talk to BCG, and 103.7 reported that "the parties" are now talking.

The Aggies have up the anti to the tune of 2.4 Million per year.. per 501  ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Oliver

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 27, 2007, 05:41:56 pm

The Aggies have up the anti to the tune of 2.4 Million per year...

Yeah, the idiots are bragging about it on another board.

JusJim

Wasn't the Aggies offering 30 Mill for 10 years?

Hollywood_HOGan

Can Arkansas go that high?

fu-man-soo

we can raise the money - no doubt

wooo

really? 2.4 mill/year?

I'm gonna start practicing my X's and O's

masonselby

ok im confused? what are these reports "its close to a done deal" or the report from espnews that we offered to double his salary i heard that myself. If they are just now "talking" then all the reports are bs
"for christ sake im talking about bagging a sasquatch"

jdlee23

Didn't we kinda know that would happen though.  No disrespect meant at all.  I think we are all hoping it ain't about the money.

Killean

Quote from: wooo on March 27, 2007, 05:43:21 pm
really?

basketball revenue under Heath was down over 2 million a year.. so yeah, I think we can
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

Oliver

rzrbak4life

Thats more than they gave me for my flock of sheep last year.

sadhog

Seriously consider this question.  Is a coach who has never seen a class of his own graduate worth 2.4 million dollars?  Is a coach who has never been past the sweet sixteen worth that much?

Don't confuse this for discouragement, but for $2.4 million, I'd expect Dean Smith or John Wooden.

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: masonselby on March 27, 2007, 05:43:49 pm
ok im confused? what are these reports "its close to a done deal" or the report from espnews that we offered to double his salary i heard that myself. If they are just now "talking" then all the reports are bs

we have most likely made contact with his "people"

Since 1894

Frank won't go to 2.5 for a basketball coach. - IMHO
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Stumps

Not sure how they would go broke.  They are well into the black in men's basketball.  Very well into the black actually.

SquirrelMasterFunk

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan on March 27, 2007, 05:42:58 pm

Can Arkansas go that high?

A better question is WILL Arkansas go that high.
user #9084 (the poster formerly known as cbad)

The meaning of life:  Eat less salt, be nice to people, and it is too short for cheap beer! - Stan Bond

Intelligent insults are too often wasted on the uncommonly stupid.

If you can't dazzle them with your intelligence, baffle them with your bull****.

Hog in MO

OK, looks like we're gonna have to start a fundraiser.  I'll be having a carwash at 6th & College in Fayetteville tomorrow.  Donations welcome ;)

Footballref

That is correct on the AGGIES uping there offer to 2.4 Million.
It is going to come down to weather he wants to leave or not.

JusJim

Quote from: masonselby on March 27, 2007, 05:43:49 pm
I think that "we've" been talking to his agents or some sort of "middle-man".  Maybe a "deal" was cut between us and his "agent", but now we just need to talk to him to make it all official.

SbrokeskiAg

I don't believe any of this....I need "multiple credible sources"

Oliver

Quote from: Since 1894 on March 27, 2007, 05:44:55 pm
Frank won't go to 2.5 for a basketball coach. - IMHO

Then he should have never fired Stan Heath.

Swine Herder

Totally out of control. 2.4 for a college basketball coach. Wow. Crazy times. There has to be a long list of coaches you could get for less than that. I like the Vandy coach.

who?mikejones

Dugann

on that station boy Randy just went off on someone named john, this could be good.  I dislike both chuckie and this show ...this one is the lesser of 2 evils I guess.  I did like it year ago but just not the same these days but I have not hear Randy go off like that hehe was sort of cool.

This john guy keeps going on about Nolan and think Randy has had enough of it.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

sadhog

jdlee23

Quote from: CinchAG97 on March 27, 2007, 05:46:24 pm
Quote from: PorkOpine on March 27, 2007, 05:43:51 pm
Let them go broke.  BCG is not worth 2.4 per year.

A&M will never go broke...remember, our endowment is approximately $5 BILLION dollars more than yours.  A&M thinks BCG is worth $2.4 million, too bad if Arkansas does not.

How's $2.4 mill to show the world our COMMITTMENT to basketball at Texas A&M?

So what is it gonna say about you if said coach turns down all that money to come to Arkansas?

bacchusrider

A&M will never go broke...remember, our endowment is approximately $5 BILLION dollars more than yours.  A&M thinks BCG is worth $2.4 million, too bad if Arkansas does not.

Quote from: SbrokeskiAg on March 27, 2007, 05:46:26 pm
I don't believe any of this....I need "multiple credible sources"
puke, arghhh puke
go Hogs go

SigPig

Dr. Sugg was president of Corpus Christi State University-before he came to the U of A. At the time he left, Corpus Christi was becoming part of A&M's system- so he has a good connection with them

Semper Hogelis

Damn guy's. It would be nice to have the guy. But 2.4 a year. That's Coach "K"/ Patino money. He isnt proven enough for that kind of green. He has won at UTEP, and A&M. 2.4 a year? I say. They can keep him if that is really the case. The actual figure will be sub 2 mil. IMOA of course. And I don't know squat.
I need a monkey, a football and a bucket of grease. HY coaching search 2019....

Oliver

Quote from: Semper Hogelis on March 27, 2007, 05:51:51 pm
Damn guy's. It would be nice to have the guy. But 2.4 a year. That's Coach "K"/ Patino money. He isnt proven enough for that kind of green. He has won at UTEP, and A&M. 2.4 a year? I say. They can keep him if that is really the case. The actual figure will be sub 2 mil. IMOA of course. And I don't know squat.

Once again, if JFB wasn't prepared to pay big dollars for a big time coach, then he should not have fired Stan Heath.

IronHog

My sources tell me the waltons and hunts are preparing to make an offer on the the A&M campus.  They need a new facility to train truck drivers.

Seriously, the UofA does not need an "Endowment"  They just pick up the phone and call one of the  Fortune 500 members in NWA and ask them  to walk over to the campus.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

arkrzrbacks

Heck, to take A&M's coach I would go 3mil. To get rid of Nutt 4 mil. Wait.... How about an even trade Nutt for Gillipsie.

BigSnout

This basketball school is 38-24-3 in football against A&M.  You guys suck at everything.

Semper Hogelis

Quote from: Oliver Miller on March 27, 2007, 05:52:41 pm

Once again, if JFB wasn't prepared to pay big dollars for a big time coach, then he should not have fired Stan Heath.
I agree totally. Not my point. There is big dif between big money, and 2.4 mil a year. For 2.4 a year. You had better be going for someone bigtime, and not the coach A&M.

bacchusrider

it just goes to show that we as supporters need to get a life. I mean come on, do any one of you think that a man who coaches the game of basketball deserve 2 million yet alone 1 or 500,000.

Just goes to show that as long as we pay to watch such events some people are going to make a fortune for something that is just a game. :'(
go Hogs go

keybored

Quotewe dont have a Chancellor at TAMU

That guy doesn't know what he's talking about, yes we do have a chancellor of the Texas A&M University system. But the acting President of Texas A&M College Station (previous President, Bob Gates, now Sec. of Defense left in December)would be the most logical (and more likely) person to call for permission though.

dchogfanindc

Quote from: IronHog on March 27, 2007, 05:53:36 pm

A&M will never go broke...remember, our endowment is approximately $5 BILLION dollars more than yours.  A&M thinks BCG is worth $2.4 million, too bad if Arkansas does not.

My sources tell me the waltons and hunts are preparing to make an offer on the the A&M campus.  They need a new facility to train truck drivers.

Seriously, the UofA does not need an "Endowment"  They just pick up the phone and call one of the  Fortune 500 members in NWA and ask them  to walk over to the campus.

Memo to the Waltons and Hunts:

Walk on over and help us get rid of HDN.

Oliver

Quote from: Semper Hogelis on March 27, 2007, 05:54:55 pm

I agree totally. Not my point. There is big dif between big money, and 2.4 mil a year. For 2.4 a year. You had better be going for someone bigtime, and not the coach A&M.

Who is a bigger coach than Gillispie that you think we could actually get?  Self maybe?

Semper Hogelis

Quote from: dchogfanindc on March 27, 2007, 05:55:26 pm

A&M will never go broke...remember, our endowment is approximately $5 BILLION dollars more than yours.  A&M thinks BCG is worth $2.4 million, too bad if Arkansas does not.

Ha. Good one. Wont happen. They go to church together. Everything needs Ronnie Floyds blessing first.

Hong Kong Sooey

Why is that exactly?  What has Stan done to show he deserves 3 or 4 more years?  Because that is what would have had to happen with 7 scholarships to fill after next season.  A 1 year commitment won't cut it when the future of your program hangs in the balance.  We made the right decision on Stan Heath.  Now, we wait to see if we can make two right decisions in a row.

sadhog

Perhaps.  But A&M can do the same with any oil company in Houston.  Remember the reason its call the Fortune 500, is because there are 500 companies that qualify.  Don't try a our area vs. their area as an argument.  Both universities have a lot of money.  Both can afford realistically any price.  It won't be about what we or they can afford, but what we're willing to part with for Gillespie.

I for one am not sure ANY coach is worth 2.4 mil.  There are plenty of buildings on campus that could use that money for improvements.

IronHog

Quote from: dchogfanindc on March 27, 2007, 05:55:26 pm

I think you call the largest investment bank off walstreet for that request.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

501Ben

We couldn't go much higher than 2 Mil. I could see us going as high as 2.2-2.4, but anything above that Frank won't do. He will not get into a bidding war with a&m. Keep in mind HDN doesn't make nearly that much, and football makes almost 70% of the money, so they would have to give him a big raise if they were to give him a contract extension.

slopinhogs

if they are doubling his salary he will be making 2.6 not bad for a single guy with no kids. look out dixon st.
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

leavenworth1

nothing against gillespie, but for that kind of money, is he the best we could get?  That's Donovan, Pitino, Self money.  Insane amount of money.

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: PorkOpine on March 27, 2007, 05:55:55 pm
That would have to be 2.4 GUARANTEED for 7+ years.  Frank would be selling his soul to the devil with that deal.  I hope this doesn't turn into a pissing contest between AD's, but it may.
I hope it does.  We have a ridiculous amount of money in the RF, and going cheap is what got us into this mess with our last two $$ sport hires.  If we are a top 10 program, it's about time we act like it.

Oliver

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on March 27, 2007, 05:58:40 pm

Why is that exactly?  What has Stan done to show he deserves 3 or 4 more years?  Because that is what would have had to happen with 7 scholarships to fill after next season.  A 1 year commitment won't cut it when the future of your program hangs in the balance.  We made the right decision on Stan Heath.  Now, we wait to see if we can make two right decisions in a row.

Mind you, I wanted Stan gone.  We can do so much better.  But I don't want another up-and-comer.  I was perfectly fine firing Heath if we had a sure thing to replace him with that sure thing being a proven coach.  Bill Self, Billy Gillispie, Ernie Kent, Mark Few, etc.  I don't want a Tim Floyd or Doc Sadler to replace Heath, I don't care if Floyd did beat Heath.

Oliver

Quote from: leavenworth1 on March 27, 2007, 06:01:23 pm
nothing against gillespie, but for that kind of money, is he the best we could get?  That's Donovan, Pitino, Self money.  Insane amount of money.

There is a difference between trying to convince a coach to leave Louisville, Florida, or Kansas and trying to convince a coach to leave Texas A&M.