Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Official say something nice about Texas A&M thread

Started by hogfan0307, March 27, 2007, 12:57:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

redbug56

i'll still root for them when Gillispie's gone.

Bassrox

Born and raised in Mena, I'm a lifelong Razorback fan. Being a former student at A&M, I have to say that the numerous respected traditions at A&M are my favorites. I particularly like Silver Taps, a very poignant memorial of any Aggie who dies. http://aggietraditions.tamu.edu/silvertaps.shtml

ceag09

Quoteauthor=Conway Cool Daddy link=topic=125687.msg1889431#msg1889431 date=1175018675
They haven't killed any students with insane bonfires in several years.

I have nothing against UA, my granfather went there.  But, comments like this are uncalled for.  You are making humor about something in which 12 college students were killed.  This is something that if you said to any aggie's face, you would not enjoy what came next. 

(Since I came onto your board)
Nice thing about Arkansas- It has been a while but if I remember right fayetteville is not too far from Devil's Den Park and that place is beautiful with some great caves to explore.

RazorBassin

Quote from: ceag09 on March 28, 2007, 01:03:49 am
Quoteauthor=Conway Cool Daddy link=topic=125687.msg1889431#msg1889431 date=1175018675
They haven't killed any students with insane bonfires in several years.

I have nothing against UA, my granfather went there.  But, comments like this are uncalled for.  You are making humor about something in which 12 college students were killed.  This is something that if you said to any aggie's face, you would not enjoy what came next. 

(Since I came onto your board)
Nice thing about Arkansas- It has been a while but if I remember right fayetteville is not too far from Devil's Den Park and that place is beautiful with some great caves to explore.

Thanks for staying classy.  I agree with you, that post was uncalled for. 

lovethosehogs

VenturaHog

GotPig?

It's a pretty darned good engineering school.  Plus, they have boatloads of money, which you know drives UT crazy.  That's definitely a good thing.  (I'm sure UT would love to have all that oil money to itself.)   I agree with the first post, too, about their having a good football environment.

I have no ill will against A&M.  It's a great school.  I just want their basketball coach.   :P

Chief Mac

Quote from: hogfan0307 on March 27, 2007, 12:57:27 pm
With all the negativity out there...I thought this would be necessary

I'll start by saying that they have one of the best football enviroments in college football. The 12th man is loud and it is a great home-field advantage

They aren't the Texass shorthorns?
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

chromehog

Quote from: HogFan514 on March 27, 2007, 10:10:29 pm
Hmmmmmmmmmm, well???????

i got something.

They have a nice nickname.

texas a&m Aggies!!
You like the nickname Aggies?     HHHMMM

Pork Twain

They do not suck AS bad as the Texass shorthorns
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

chromehog

If they have a board that insanehog can't get on I would probably move there.

pigfeet

Ugh.........

I think they have at least oe good looking girl on campus?

There, will that work?

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: pigfeet on March 28, 2007, 07:59:35 am
Ugh.........

I think they have at least oe good looking girl on campus?

There, will that work?

And she's an Arkansas professor on sabbatical.

Bacon out...

DickSonstreetDFW

Bar beer is exceedingly cheap in College Station, unlike hoity toity Dickson Street.

slopinhogs

win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

Jimmy

A&M fans ARE dedicated.  Who else would register on another school's boards in huge numbers and be willing to use SO much time and energy (often undercover) to make a great nuisance of themselves?  I admire their will to show us what a real aggie is like.  The positive?   My son, a junior in high school, just scratched A&M off his list of schools to consider.   

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: Jimmy on March 28, 2007, 11:55:09 am
A&M fans ARE dedicated.  Who else would register on another school's boards in huge numbers and be willing to use SO much time and energy (often undercover) to make a great nuisance of themselves?  I admire their will to show us what a real aggie is like.  The positive?   My son, a junior in high school, just scratched A&M off his list of schools to consider.  

That's too bad.  He's already go the prerequisites in to go this fall.

Bacon out...

Dr Swineglove

The have the best mausoleum for a dog (Reveille) ever built into a football stadium.
Prefrontal lobotomies are not to be performed without the written consent of the patient

rcowen

SAUhog08

Bacon, you are aware that A&M is a higher ranked school academically than UA, right?