Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aggie recruit talked to BCG

Started by TutAg, March 26, 2007, 08:52:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoggystyle78

I've been on this board for a long time, and this is the first time that I can remember Stewie ever coming out with something like this. So far everything he said has come to pass and he is one of the more respected posters on this board, so I'm inclined to believe what he's telling us. Besides, if there were nothing to worry about how come this board has become overrun with Aggies?, go ahead and try to say it ain't happening guys, just don't be bitchin and crying when you hero leaves for a better job here at Arkansas. I swear to God, one good year in BB and you idiots think you compare to Arkansas?, PLEASE, the aggies couldn't hold the Hogs jock in BB, it's true and the whole world knows it except for a few delusional aggie fans. Gillispie is a Hog, period.

danoobsminion

Also, you talk about tradition, saying that Arkansas has won a championship. You say Gillispie wants to go to a program that has won a NC. Than why did he leave UTEP, havent they won as many as you? He wanted to build a large scale program, and A&M is that, good luck in your search.

arklahoman36

People on this board used to be bothered by a coach lying to a recruit

Phaedrus

I find it utterly hilarious that Aggie fans somehow think their program is even in the same galaxy as the Razorback Program. The Aggies had made the tournament 2 times since 1912  before BCG got there and now he has taken them twice. Face it A&M two things are true. By the way, Acie Law won't be an Aggie next year so we will see how it goes without the 1st team All American. I say its back to the cellar. Of course, it will be with a different head man.

1. Your basketball program is a stepping stone job
2. You will ALWAYS play second fiddle to Texas, A-L-W-A-Y-S.

dotnet

Quote from: arklahoman36 on March 26, 2007, 09:25:23 pm
People on this board used to be bothered by a coach lying to a recruit

Now we're just happy to hear that a coach made contact with a recruit.  The whole honesty thing really is pretty far down on the priority list.

danoobsminion

Quote from: Phaedrus on March 26, 2007, 09:27:34 pm
I find it utterly hilarious that Aggie fans somehow think their program is even in the same galaxy as the Razorback Program. The Aggies had nmade the tournament 2 times since 1912 before BCG got there and now he has taken them twice. Face it A&M two things are true. By the way, Acie Law won't be an Aggie next year so we will see how it goes without the 1st team All American. I say its back to the cellar. Of course, it will be with a different head man.

You will ALWAYS play second fiddle to Kentucky, A-L-W-A-Y-S

hoggystyle78

Except in 1994 when we won it all and played second fiddle to NOONE!, when was it you aggies won the NC in BB?, oh that's right, NEVER!, moron.
Quote from: danoobsminion on March 26, 2007, 09:28:42 pm
I find it utterly hilarious that Aggie fans somehow think their program is even in the same galaxy as the Razorback Program. The Aggies had nmade the tournament 2 times since 1912 before BCG got there and now he has taken them twice. Face it A&M two things are true. By the way, Acie Law won't be an Aggie next year so we will see how it goes without the 1st team All American. I say its back to the cellar. Of course, it will be with a different head man.

SpineHog

second fiddle to kentucky in basketball is a *hell* of a lot better than being the #2 college in any particular state.  you're 8th oboe.

coachp

If BCG is liying to recruits all you people who use this against Nutt can shut the F Up.  I want Nutt fired but I do not want hypocrites following me.

pigmania

Man, so many newbies with all the right answers. It just messes you up.

Phaedrus

Gettin under your skin there big boy. See the difference is Kentucky is in our backyard kicking our ass in recruiting ever year and making fun of us like the little step child of a program that you are. Texas does all of the above with you. Not to mention we play in a REAL conference which is yet another reason for BCG to jump ship. Do you really want to compare basketball programs? Seriously? You have made the tournament twice since Word War I. Arkansas had 3 All Americans on one team with the triplets. A&M has had 3 All Americans in school history. Shut your mouth. Game OVER!!!

DeWayne R

But we Have a National Championship to go with it.
When you're Black and proud it's called pride but when you're White and proud it's called racism

danoobsminion

Wait the SEC, the godly conference? You have 1 team in the Final Four..the one where the fans arent drunk dumbasses, the "crap" conferences that you say, Big 12, Big Ten and Big East.

PiggoBitttys

Quote from: danoobsminion on March 26, 2007, 09:47:53 pm
Wait the SEC, the godly conference? You have 1 team in the Final Four..

How many does the Big 12 have? How many last year?

Phaedrus

Quote from: danoobsminion on March 26, 2007, 09:47:53 pm
Wait the SEC, the godly conference? You have 1 team in the Final Four..the one where the fans arent drunk dumbasses, the "crap" conferences that you say, Big 12, Big Ten and Big East.

Wait for it, wait for it... Now, who has the best record in the NCAA tourney?

I know people from Texas are not calling people drunk dumbasses. Pot meet kettle. The vast majority of Texas thinks that Copenhagen is an appetizer at dinner.

danoobsminion

Zero this year, zero last year. Again you had Florida last year and LSU. Year before none of us had any. Year before we had one, you had none. And year before that we had 2 and you had none. And year before that we had 2 you had none.

So in past 6 Years
SEC Final Fours- 3
Big 12 Final Fours- 5

ishankem

hey, take it easy on the big 12.  as a matter of fact, I kinda wish we were in the big 12.  it would be a better fit, geographically and recruiting wise. however, since we are not in the big 12, at least we can take one of their coaches and get a big leg up on recruiting texas again.   wooooooo  piggggggg

Phaedrus

March 26, 2007, 10:00:47 pm #67 Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 10:07:21 pm by Phaedrus
Quote from: danoobsminion on March 26, 2007, 09:55:52 pm
Zero this year, zero last year. Again you had Florida last year and LSU. Year before none of us had any. Year before we had one, you had none. And year before that we had 2 and you had none. And year before that we had 2 you had none.

So in past 6 Years
SEC Final Fours- 3
Big 12 Final Fours- 5

Hey someone throw together a Tale of the Tape between A&M (Texas' biotch) and Arkansas.

I will start

National Titles Arkansas 1, Collies 0
Final Fours     Arkansas 6, Collies 0

Keep em coming.

aggie83

So in past 6 Years
SEC Final Fours- 3
Big 12 Final Fours- 5

Looks like somebody actually knows what they are talking about.

Junkyard Hog

Quote from: Phaedrus on March 26, 2007, 10:00:47 pm

So in past 6 Years
SEC Final Fours- 3
Big 12 Final Fours- 5

Hey someone throw together a Tale of the Tape between A&M (Texas' biotch) and Arkansas.

I will start

National Titles Arkansas 1, Collies 0
Final Fours     Arkansas 4, Collies 0

Keep em coming.

Arkansas has been to 6 Final Fours

Phaedrus

Quit leaning solely on your conference Aggies. Let's see

National Champions
1994                Arkansas
1996                Kentucky
1998                Kentucky
2006                 Florida
2007           Coming soon... Florida

I would have listed the champions from the Big 12 in the last 13 years but guess what. THERE ARE NONE!!!

hawgfan80

Quote from: aggie83 on March 26, 2007, 10:01:34 pm

So in past 6 Years
SEC Final Fours- 3
Big 12 Final Fours- 5

We can talk conferences. Before the NCAA Tournament...the average RPI for an SEC team was 47.42 and the average for the Big 12 was 85.3. Before the NCAA Tournament...the average strength of schedule for the SEC was 25.67 and the average SOS for the Big 12 was 61.75. In the NCAA Tournament, the SEC is 9-4 with a final four team while the Big 12 is 6-4 with zero final four teams.

Phaedrus

March 26, 2007, 10:17:27 pm #72 Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 10:24:36 pm by Phaedrus
Quote from: hawgfan80 on March 26, 2007, 10:10:04 pm

So in past 6 Years
SEC Final Fours- 3
Big 12 Final Fours- 5

We can talk conferences. Before the NCAA Tournament...the average RPI for an SEC team was 47.42 and the average for the Big 12 was 85.3. Before the NCAA Tournament...the average strength of schedule for the SEC was 25.67 and the average SOS for the Big 12 was 61.75. In the NCAA Tournament, the SEC is 9-4 with a final four team while the Big 12 is 6-4 with zero final four teams.

I am hearing crickets from Aggieland right now.

Looks like the last two posts have thwarted the conference talk. Dumb Texas hicks.

Porkerpower

Quote from: CinchAG97 on March 26, 2007, 09:23:29 pm
Of course Aggie fans are sweating it.  With the billows and billows of smoke out there, there almost certainly is a fire.  We don't want to lose Billy A HELLUVA LOT MORE than you guys want to hire him.  He's the only positive thing that has happened to Aggie basketball in 20+ years.  I'll be sick if he leaves.

But, this deal is not signed, sealed and delivered for Arkansas.  A&M and Bill Byrne have one last shot to keep him, and right now, I have faith that we can keep him.  Maybe we do...maybe we don't.  At this point, both fan bases think they are going to get him.  We'll all just have to wait and see what happens.

Agree with you totally.

Without direct knowledge, none of us know.  What we DO know is that he is at least interested.

Tomorrow will be the tell tell day.  We will all see.

jackflash

What if does not come? you think we will have as much trouble as Alabama did? I can not believe you fire Stan without knowing for sure. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

who?mikejones

where was your team
bj holmes is not nearly as reliable as your source, no way

StrongbadAg

Quote from: danoobsminion on March 26, 2007, 09:17:10 pm
since gillispie doesnt care about money according to you guys, why are they meeting on thursday to give him a raise, pretty sure his character would be to tell them it isnt necessary since reliable sources like stewie think its a done deal.

His assistants need raises too, he wants them to stay with him in Aggieland as he rebuildsfor years to come.

Idahog

Quote from: jackflash on March 26, 2007, 10:31:09 pm
What if does not come? you think we will have as much trouble as Alabama did? I can not believe you fire Stan without knowing for sure. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

The theory is they didnt want to fire Stan without knowing for sure.  This is why so many people are excited...  because for the last month or so BCG has been the rumored man.  Its just the last week that Aggies are finding out about it.

But yeah, if he doesn't come it'll be entertaining to watch what happens.
Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: Phaedrus on March 26, 2007, 10:17:27 pm
Quote from: hawgfan80 on March 26, 2007, 10:10:04 pm

So in past 6 Years
SEC Final Fours- 3
Big 12 Final Fours- 5

I am hearing crickets from Aggieland right now.

Looks like the last two posts have thwarted the conference talk. Dumb Texas hicks.

I can't believe that you Arkansas folks have even engaged in a conversation/argument over which is the better conference, SEC or Big 12, or better basketball school, Arkansas or A&M.  Even by accepting the challenge to begin such rhetoric, you have lowered yourself to their level. 

Just don't do it.  It's like comparing Ray Finkle and Adam Vinateri. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.