Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aggie recruit talked to BCG

Started by TutAg, March 26, 2007, 08:52:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TutAg

"He said that everything out there was false, that if he ever left he'd let us all know first, and not to pay any attention to it," said Texas A&M signee B.J. Holmes. "The first time I spoke to him about it was when there was speculation he was going to Kentucky, and I just talked to him again not even 10 minutes ago."

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/6612092

ouch, gotta sting

HOGSandDUCKS

here's the scary part.

"one Aggie recruit who spoke to Gillispie on Monday indicated differently.

"He said that everything out there was false, that if he ever left he'd let us all know first, and not to pay any attention to it," said Texas A&M signee B.J. Holmes. "The first time I spoke to him about it was when there was speculation he was going to Kentucky, and I just talked to him again not even 10 minutes ago." "

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: HOGSandDUCKS on March 26, 2007, 08:52:55 pm

here's the scary part.

"He said that everything out there was false, that if he ever left he'd let us all know first, and not to pay any attention to it," said Texas A&M signee B.J. Holmes. "The first time I spoke to him about it was when there was speculation he was going to Kentucky, and I just talked to him again not even 10 minutes ago." "

LMAO!!! 
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Table Rocker

he's not gonna tell the recruit if he's gonna go somewhere. also, he did say "if he ever left he'd let us all know first" sounds like a man not dead set on staying put.

HoustonTXAg1990

If you all would listen to me, none of this would be a surprise. Sorry, folks, he ain't goin' to Fayetteville. :)

bigguy551122

Quote from: Woo_Pig_Stewie on March 26, 2007, 08:54:07 pm

here's the scary part.

LMAO!!! 

what does lmao mean:?
perfection is all i expect.

RBLtoHOG

Stewie seems to be pretty damn confident so Im gonna stick with him on this one.... he's been right so far
In any fight, life or football, its the guy who is willing to die who will win that inch. If I'm gonna have any life anymore its because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch....because, that's what living is!

Shaddox

And Nick Saben is not going to be the next coach of Alabama :o

HOGSandDUCKS

Quote from: Table Rocker on March 26, 2007, 08:54:39 pm
he's not gonna tell the recruit if he's gonna go somewhere. also, he did say "if he ever left he'd let us all know first" sounds like a man not dead set on staying put.

I'd buy that...

PiggoBitttys

BG ain't gonna tell recruits he's gone until it's absolutely official. And not more than an hour before. No need to tell the recruits when you're still ironing details out in the new contract.

wincrimson

Quote from: bigguy551122 on March 26, 2007, 08:55:17 pm

here's the scary part.

LMAO!!! 

"Laughing my arse off"

razorbackntexas

Think about it. He has to say that. Otherwise all heck breaks loose before an announcement.

Plus it keeps em on the hook to come to arkansas...:)
Quote from: losthawg68 on June 03, 2010, 02:26:15 am
This dude has some superhot friends and his girl is also in the upper echelon of scenery.

Tomhog™

Quote from: bigguy551122 on March 26, 2007, 08:55:17 pm

here's the scary part.

LMAO!!! 

Are you serious?

Zeno

broyles has f#ck#d everything else up; why think he'll get this right?

Table Rocker

once again, he made comment "if i ever went anywhere"........what gives aggies, thought he was there to stay, he doesn't sound like a man who's fully committed

NEAHawgfan

Quote from: TutAg on March 26, 2007, 08:52:49 pm
"He said that everything out there was false, that if he ever left he'd let us all know first, and not to pay any attention to it," said Texas A&M signee B.J. Holmes. "The first time I spoke to him about it was when there was speculation he was going to Kentucky, and I just talked to him again not even 10 minutes ago."

ouch, gotta sting
YOU'RE STILL ON HERE?!?!?! Get a life man. If we get him, fine, if we don't, fine. He's a sweet sixteen coach for God's sake. It's not like we're talking about Adolph Rupp here!

Table Rocker

hey crimson, did they ever block you crazy bammers from tracking planes? what the hell did you do, i know you guys are the experts on this matter.

SwinedMelon

What in the heck did you expect BG to tell a recruit?
"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

HoustonTXAg1990

Quote from: Tomcat on March 26, 2007, 09:01:10 pm
So why did the athletic office have no comment officially if he isn't going anywhere?

Probably the same reason that neither Gillispie nor the AD had any official comment last year when Indiana and NCSU were trying to make a run at BCG.

PiggoBitttys

Hell, that's great. "f he ever left he'd let us all know first.."

He's actually telling them he might leave. Why even say if he ever left....why not just say, I"M NOT GOING ANYWHERE. Why not just tell them he will be at College Station without a doubt next year. 

HogFan1st

why would he tell a recruit? so the recruit can go ruin it by telling some reporter everything before the announcement is made...he'd be more likely to make the announcement then call all of the recruits and let them know that this is a business and a better offer came up...i'm not saying i know any inside information, i'm just saying this is how these things play out
76-72...i remember it like it was yesterday...Charlotte, NC 1994

txag007

Tomcat, Byrne has said that Billy is staying in CS.  He talked about that today at a luncheon in Fort Worth.  Also, you guys don't know Billy Gillispie, he is a very honest person.  He says what's on his mind.  Tough luck guys.

UAfan

if he is confident enough to tell his recruits this than why doesn't he tell his fanbase the same

pimphog

Quote from: SwineOnUCrazyDiamond on March 26, 2007, 09:03:15 pm
What in the heck did you expect BG to tell a recruit?

has Clay said anything tonight SwineOnU?

did you listen to chucks' show tonight?...he said it was a done......

danoobsminion

stop stretching guys, its done.

Hawgvillain

Deandre Jordan is the one I'm worried about - not a 5'10 3 star. 

danoobsminion

Quote from: HogFan1st on March 26, 2007, 09:04:51 pm
why would he tell a recruit? so the recruit can go ruin it by telling some reporter everything before the announcement is made...he'd be more likely to make the announcement then call all of the recruits and let them know that this is a business and a better offer came up...i'm not saying i know any inside information, i'm just saying this is how these things play out
because he's worried about his recruits, and maybe cares about them? you have to tell them first, screw the public and your fanbase, these are your future players who you have to ensure trust in, and i believe doing that did that. and hawg, jordan doesnt talk.

Mr. Prozac

Quote from: Table Rocker on March 26, 2007, 09:03:05 pm
hey crimson, did they ever block you crazy bammers from tracking planes? what the hell did you do, i know you guys are the experts on this matter.
SPeaking of Wincrimson: I hope we don't end up feeling like we got "Rodriguezed".

coachp

March 26, 2007, 09:10:31 pm #32 Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 09:12:28 pm by coachp
Quote from: razorbackntexas on March 26, 2007, 08:55:50 pm
Think about it. He has to say that. Otherwise all heck breaks loose before an announcement.

If BCG told recruits this and then comes, we have abother coach with HDN like integrity (other words lack of, liar).

HOG71

Son, I am going to Kentucky or Arkansas......just wanted to let you know first because I just met you and you mean the world to me.  Hey, let's just keep this between us, ok? 

coachp

If BCG told recruits this and then comes, we have abother coach with HDN like integrity (other words lack of, liar).

danoobsminion

sounds like we got some denial going..... =)

waltonag05

At noon today I thought you guys had him, but tonight I do not think that is the case. He was calling the recruits to tell them not to listen to all of these rumors. I know since I am an Ag none of you will believe me, but I do work within the athletic dept.

P.S. Thanks for Blair! ;D

towneofbeverlyhills

yeah ur right ag1990 he'd tell u guys he's goin to uark and then start talking to us...absolutely correct...he'd tell the fans first

Winner

This is dog bites man. The only story would be if the recruit said the opposite.

HoustonTXAg1990

Quote from: Mr. Prozac on March 26, 2007, 09:09:57 pm
Quote from: Table Rocker on March 26, 2007, 09:03:05 pm
SPeaking of Wincrimson: I hope we don't end up feeling like we got "Rodriguezed".

That's the correct analogue to the current situation.

danoobsminion

since gillispie doesnt care about money according to you guys, why are they meeting on thursday to give him a raise, pretty sure his character would be to tell them it isnt necessary since reliable sources like stewie think its a done deal.

Graham H

Quote from: txag007 on March 26, 2007, 09:05:14 pm
Tomcat, Byrne has said that Billy is staying in CS.  He talked about that today at a luncheon in Fort Worth.  Also, you guys don't know Billy Gillispie, he is a very honest person.  He says what's on his mind.  Tough luck guys.

Did he tell the truth to the alumni at UTEP the day before he took the A&M job?  I remember him crying saying he would stay at UTEP as long as they would let him.

HoustonTXAg1990

Quote from: towneofbeverlyhills on March 26, 2007, 09:14:17 pm
yeah ur right ag1990 he'd tell u guys he's goin to uark and then start talking to us...absolutely correct...he'd tell the fans first

You're barking up the wrong tree. I don't care what he does or doesn't tell the common fan.

bcshog

aggie fans are sweating it!  that's why they are over here in groves to see if they can get the latest update on their ex-coach.

Smithian

I didn't even get my hopes up and I feel like I just asked the love of my life to go out with me just to have an ex-boyfriend start making out with her infront of me...

Well, here is too Sadler...

HogFan1st

Quote from: danoobsminion on March 26, 2007, 09:08:16 pm
Quote from: HogFan1st on March 26, 2007, 09:04:51 pm
because he's worried about his recruits, and maybe cares about them? you have to tell them first, screw the public and your fanbase, these are your future players who you have to ensure trust in, and i believe doing that did that. and hawg, jordan doesnt talk.

you are living in a dream world...he may not be the next hog bball coach...but if you think he would tell a recruit that he was changing jobs a day or two before the media would know you are mistaken....perhaps minutes or hours before the announcement was made he would call and break the news to them but a day or two before? i just don't think that happens...again, you may be right, he may stay at a&m...but if he is jumping ship the recruits wouldnt' know it until just before the press conference
76-72...i remember it like it was yesterday...Charlotte, NC 1994

joebut18

txag007

Quote from: bcshog on March 26, 2007, 09:19:20 pm
aggie fans are sweating it!  that's why they are over here in groves to see if they can get the latest update on their ex-coach.
I guess that is why there are arkie trolls on our boards. . . .

CinchAG97

Of course Aggie fans are sweating it.  With the billows and billows of smoke out there, there almost certainly is a fire.  We don't want to lose Billy A HELLUVA LOT MORE than you guys want to hire him.  He's the only positive thing that has happened to Aggie basketball in 20+ years.  I'll be sick if he leaves.

But, this deal is not signed, sealed and delivered for Arkansas.  A&M and Bill Byrne have one last shot to keep him, and right now, I have faith that we can keep him.  Maybe we do...maybe we don't.  At this point, both fan bases think they are going to get him.  We'll all just have to wait and see what happens.