Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Else Getting Kinda Worried?

Started by Hawgvillain, March 26, 2007, 07:16:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawgvillain

I feel like JFB wouldn't have done this unless he was certain that BCG was coming.  But how certain can you really be?  You can't enforce any verbal agreements or anything like that.  I wish there was a PC tonight - I'm starting to get worried...

Hollywood_HOGan

those guys up there running things could screw up a gold plated diaper.

i wont feel comfortable until we have something official

jamie72921

Bless your heart

TMc

Clay said nothing would be final until Tues, Weds, or possibly Thursday.

hogfansince1964

It would be rather unseemly to fire Heath and hire a new coach on the same day.  Wednesday would be a better day to make the announcement of a new coach.

Hawgvillain

Quote from: TMc on March 26, 2007, 07:18:12 pm
LOL that's comforting...

imhogwild2

the longer it takes the more nervous i get
Bring back slobbering hog. Member Since 12/1/2006

SCRX95

I would think there won't be any news until Thursday after A&M BOR votes on BCG's extension.

Hawgvillain

Quote from: SCRX95 on March 26, 2007, 07:21:24 pm
I would think there won't be any news until Thursday after A&M BOR votes on BCG's extension.
That worries the heck out of me...if we are to believe what we are being told, it doesn't matter how much they pay him.

TX HOG

March 26, 2007, 07:23:16 pm #10 Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 07:29:47 pm by TX HOG
jerry jones, waltons, tysons alone have enough money to make anything possible

SCRX95

Or after the NCAA championship is when Billy D turns down KY.  Calipari already announced he's not headed to KY...then UK could be calling on BCG.  BCG probably won't turn down UK.

oldtimerhog

Calm down, go easy.  If there is one thing the old timer has learned over the years, its patience.  Better to get it done right and get it done quick.  Sit tight, everything will be OK (well, except that Nutt may be the FB coach again next year!).
Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

Oliver

Quote from: Hawgvillain on March 26, 2007, 07:22:46 pm
Quote from: SCRX95 on March 26, 2007, 07:21:24 pm
That worries the heck out of me...if we are to believe what we are being told, it doesn't matter how much they pay him.

It's the only straw Aggie fans have to grasp onto.  That's why they post that article on here every hour on the hour.  BG might not come here but that vote will have no effect on whether he is here or not.

hogfansince1964

Quote from: SCRX95 on March 26, 2007, 07:23:24 pmBCG probably won't turn down UK.

BCG probably won't turn down AR.  KY probably won't even get a chance to inquire.

HeathWimp

It's a win-win scenario. 

Either we get BCG, which seems to be what everyone wants, or we get a coach who is not Heath. 

What's not to like?
11/19/2023:  Keeping my original semi-prophetic, apocalyptic signature below.  We continue to regret passing on Norvell, who is in the running for the Playoffs.  We continue regret passing on Kiffin, who is eyeing a New Years 6 game.  Heck, we regret passing on Drinkwitz (he may be a dork, but he will have his team in a New Years 6 game after they truck us on Black Friday).

Meanwhile, Sam is drinking Pittman, wondering if he has the leverage to re-hire Enos, Sexton is doing the triple Lindy into his Olympic-size pool full of cash, and thousands of hog fans are planning to dress up as empty seats for next year's Halloween game.

11/25/2018:  My original "Chad Morris" signature is below.  I'm modifying my view as follows:  We will continue to regret passing on Norvell and Kiffin.   After 3 years, when Morris is 10-26, we are going to be saying "What were we thinking?  Even Bert was better than this!"

milehipig

Think what you want.... Frank would not fire him unless he had the rabbit in the hat.  It's done.

mchogfan

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong....but I think that I remember that this job is required to have a published public offering since it's a state employee job.  Could that possibly be the reason for the delay? Just asking...
California...they tell me I was born there, but I really don't remember.

AirForceHog

Quote from: TX HOG on March 26, 2007, 07:23:16 pm
jerry jones, waltons, tysons alone have enough money to make anything pooible

Does Jerry Jones contribute to the Athletic Department?
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

TX HOG

i would think so.  he does business with big jim in dfw

mchogfan

Quote from: AirForceHog on March 26, 2007, 07:27:30 pm
Quote from: TX HOG on March 26, 2007, 07:23:16 pm
jerry jones, waltons, tysons alone have enough money to make anything pooible

Does Jerry Jones contribute to the Athletic Department?

Uh....I think that's why there's a statue of him in the BAC
California...they tell me I was born there, but I really don't remember.

darth sooie

1) bill G
2) bill S
3) tim floyd
4) grant, vcu coach

If it comes down to #4, well, frick it, and frick the HORNS, they must love this situation, either A$M or the hogs are gonna take it on the chin.

Hogblog

Quote from: milehipig on March 26, 2007, 07:26:40 pm
Think what you want.... Frank would not fire him unless he had the rabbit in the hat.  It's done.

Who is the BB coach at Boise State?

Franchise_Hog

I completely agree.  Frank is getter older, but he's still a great business man with power...this isn't his rookie season.   ;)

milehipig

Quote from: Hogblog on March 26, 2007, 07:31:35 pm

Who is the BB coach at Boise State?
have no idea, I'm in Denver

TX HOG

i agree, frank will do everything in his power to leave arkansas in great shape, and he has a lot of power and resources

Dwight_K_Shrute

I'm not even going to read all the posts on here.  Just wondering if Hogville can get a discount on sun dresses at Wal-Mart for all the Marys fretting about BCG not coming here.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

BFG

tigertrash

Bob Allen, longtime news anchor in Houston (ABC) just reported that Arkansas did indeed send an offer, but that BCG says he has no interest.
Allen went on to say that the Kentucky job is still a possibility, but if he knows A&M, they will keep BCG from leaving for even that job.
Take it for what it's worth, but Allen is probably the most respected sports newsman here in houston. He has no university pref. and probably has more inside contacts from all the universities. The fox channel head sports may have a slight edge on contacts (he has broke more big sports stories of last few years). Waiting to see what he says at about 9:45

it is starting to pop up in quite a few places that BCG has stated he has no interest. Btw, it has been confirmed by several, that BCG was at the A&M athletic offices all day (business as usual); not entertaining anything other than daily duties.

arsuperhog

I know i'm going to get smited for this, but all of this talk about possibly not getting gillespie reminds of the Lady Razorback situation four years ago.  They got rid of a successful coach and brought in Susie Gardner. We all know how that worked out.  If for some reason Gillespie is not available, let's hope the PTB didn't make a similar mistake by firing heath.   

hogfansince1964

Quote from: tigertrash on March 26, 2007, 07:46:16 pmBob Allen, longtime news anchor in Houston (ABC) just reported that Arkansas did indeed send an offer, but that BCG says he has no interest.

We will all know within 48 hours is my guess.

And I am also guessing that BCG wants to lead THE NCAA Division I basketball program of the 2010's.  He can't do that at TAMU.  He can at Arkansas.

Hawgvillain

Quote from: hogfansince1964 on March 26, 2007, 07:51:04 pm
Quote from: tigertrash on March 26, 2007, 07:46:16 pmBob Allen, longtime news anchor in Houston (ABC) just reported that Arkansas did indeed send an offer, but that BCG says he has no interest.

And I am also guessing that BCG wants to lead THE NCAA Division I basketball program of the 2010's.  He can't do that at TAMU. He can at Arkansas.
I can see this...but is it possible that BCG was on-board for being the Head Hog until the UK job came open.  He could have privately promised but that doesn't mean anything.  I bet he'd rather coach at UK then here - and he may wait that situation out.  I'm still worried...

hogfansince1964

I am guessing that after the Final Four that Billy Donovan will fill the Kentucky job within a few days.

3kgthog

This is one time where I'm glad Frank has a gigantic ego. He's not going to "retire" with the basketball program's lasting image and legacy being largely comprised of Nolan Richardson. JFB has to make one last splash to get the program back to elite status. He'll find enough cash, get BCG into Augusta, or whatever else it takes to seal the deal.

HogFan1st

Quote from: sawthemoffxx on March 26, 2007, 08:01:54 pm
Quote from: hogfansince1964 on March 26, 2007, 07:51:04 pm

And I am also guessing that BCG wants to lead THE NCAA Division I basketball program of the 2010's.  He can't do that at TAMU.  He can at Arkansas.

What is with the Houlier than thou you Pigs have? Why do you think that because you have been to final fours that you are somehow better than A&M? Last time I checked, having good basketball tradition doesn't get you byes in the NCAA tournament. HAVING GOOD PLAYERS DOES, LAST TIME I CHECKED, ARKANSAS DOESN'T HAVE ANY

there are no byes in the ncaa tournament...good players or not...
76-72...i remember it like it was yesterday...Charlotte, NC 1994

arsuperhog

If Gillespie has turned down the job like so many are reporting then why hasn't there been a public announcement?  If he really doesn't plan on taking the Razorback job then he needs to announce this for all to know, much like Calipari did for the UK job.  Until that time comes, i don't believe any reports either way. 

AirForceHog

Well...I think that it is too late to make any announcement tonight. I will be patiently awaiting news tomorrow.

who?mikejones

so i have one question
why cant TAMU be the basketball program of the 2010s?
they have the money, fans, recruiting base, and currently the coach
please let me know why they dont have as good as a chance as anyone

AirForceHog

March 26, 2007, 08:06:31 pm #38 Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 08:08:28 pm by AirForceHog
Quotethere are no byes in the ncaa tournament...good players or not...

ding ding ding. winner!

who?mikejones

by the way, the f15 would be about the 4th best fighter in the military behind the f18, f22, and JSF
just thought i would let ya know

jesterzzn

Quote from: who?mikejones on March 26, 2007, 08:06:00 pm
so i have one question
Because in college sports prestige is as important to the national perception of prominence as actual wins and losses, and the Aggies have almost zero basketball prestige.  Remember, BCG is not a hot name for making the sweet 16, he's a hot name because he turned a turd into a winner.  He's one mediocre season away from coaching a turd, and he knows it.  He's one average conference record from getting zero national pub, and he knows it.  In other words, he has to cash in while the chips are hot, or risk spending the rest of his career chasing another opportunity.

Could he make A&M a power?  Sure.  Is it likely?  Nuh-uh.

who?mikejones

what have you done for me lately, and where are you going
what is the potential

AirForceHog

Quote from: who?mikejones on March 26, 2007, 08:09:30 pm
by the way, the f15 would be about the 4th best fighter in the military behind the f18, f22, and JSF
Opinions vary. I agree with the F-22 being better. thats it though.

hogfansince1964

Quote from: who?mikejones on March 26, 2007, 08:06:00 pmplease let me know why they dont have as good as a chance as anyone

Please let me know when TAMU has a 20,000 seat arena on its campus and spends 20 years as a top notch basketball program and goes to 3 final fours in a 6 year period and appears in a back-to-back national championship games and wins a national title.

It has already been accomplished at Arkansas and it can be done again.

HogasaurusRex

Quote from: AirForceHog on March 26, 2007, 08:13:08 pm
Quote from: who?mikejones on March 26, 2007, 08:09:30 pm
Opinions vary. I agree with the F-22 being better. thats it though.
First thing: I appreciate your service.  Second thing: If that fighter that you work on is in your opinion, the best fighter jet in our inventory; then so be it.  Amazing how the Discovery Channel makes everyone an expert in aviation. 

How could the 22 NOT be better?

Man, I heard the 07 Mustang was better than the Model T......

Just thought I'd let YOU know that AirForceHog has FORGOTTEN more about airframes than you will ever learn.  He's just too nice to let ya know.  If it flies it dies; ask a crew chief!
Rex

whomikejones

iamdent

I just gotta know, looking at past hirings by this bunch, what gives you guys any indication that they could possibly get this one right???

whomikejones

here are my observations from the past few days
take em or leave em, but at least think before you reply
1.  Hog fans are way to far up on your  nuts. outside of arkansas, not many care
2.  Aggie fans are way to far up on their nuts.  I know, I went there.
3.  Its not about the school.  Its about timing and situaiton.  
4.  Hog fans greatly underestimate how high billy g is in college staiton.  You say he could rule the town there.  He already does in CS.  He walks on water.  
5.  Bring back the hate
6.  6000  more fans squeezed into an arena isnt a valid reason for switching coaching jobs.
7.  Potential, Potential, Potential

arkyvol

Quote from: jesterzzn on March 26, 2007, 08:11:53 pm
Quote from: who?mikejones on March 26, 2007, 08:06:00 pm
so i have one question
Because in college sports prestige is as important to the national perception of prominence as actual wins and losses, and the Aggies have almost zero basketball prestige.  Remember, BCG is not a hot name for making the sweet 16, he's a hot name because he turned a turd into a winner.  He's one mediocre season away from coaching a turd, and he knows it.  He's one average conference record from getting zero national pub, and he knows it.  In other words, he has to cash in while the chips are hot, or risk spending the rest of his career chasing another opportunity.

Could he make A&M a power?  Sure.  Is it likely?  Nuh-uh.

/quote]

pardon me, but is it possible that the post 94 years of nolan's indifference and narcissism, and 5 years of stan's incompetence have turned a "winner" back into a "turd"?

SwinedMelon

Quote from: Hawgvillain on March 26, 2007, 07:19:24 pm
Quote from: TMc on March 26, 2007, 07:18:12 pm
LOL that's comforting...
Clay was the first one to report last night that things were about to start happening.
"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"