Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Will hogville meltdown when BCG doesn't come as bad as TexAgs

Started by TutAg, March 26, 2007, 05:00:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TutAg

has been melting down all day? Myself included, by the way.  I say yes.

Rooka

Break & Run

i dont know, but I have been banned from that TexAg site.  Hogville has alot of class...unlike A&M, we have other sports we're good in (such as baseball)
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Bomis Hawg

I think you'll hear a collective cheer in Lawrence, Kansas, and in Austin, Texas.
Because a threat is leaving the conference.

UAfan

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on March 26, 2007, 05:04:30 pm
I think you'll hear a collective cheer in Lawrence, Kansas, and in Austin, Texas.
Bomis...how sure are you of this?

hogfan98

probably.  not because he turned us down, but because there is no clearcut plan B, and we'll be caught with our pants down.  if we could say "we didn't get BCG, but XYZ is interested, and XYZ is a quality coach", it wouldn't be that big of a deal.  but, it doesn't look like that's the case.  if he says no thanks, it will be "what do we do now?"

who?mikejones

were ranked 8th in baseball, but i really like youre coach

The HogDog

Quote from: UAfan on March 26, 2007, 05:05:51 pm

all speculation until press conference - too many rumors fly around here to make sense of any of them.

TutAg

Hog fan, banned? Why? Being rude or something?  But nobody has answered me.  We at TexAgs have melted down in a ginormous way today.  Can you match it when you don't get our coach?

FogHornLongHorn2222

"I think you'll hear a collective cheer in Lawrence, Kansas, and in Austin, Texas.
Because a threat is leaving the conference."

Texas was 3-2 against Billy Boy in the last two years.... trust me... Texas fans really don't care if he stays at A&M

Break & Run

Quote from: TutAg on March 26, 2007, 05:07:52 pm
Hog fan, banned? Why? Being rude or something?  But nobody has answered me.  We at TexAgs have melted down in a ginormous way today.  Can you match it when you don't get our coach?

no, i'm never rude to ppl, prolly bc i put that picture of BCG in the Raozrback outfit on there.
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Bomis Hawg

I know nothing.
But, why would Arkansas can Heath without having someone ready with Kentucky in waiting?
Has been said Billy was interested.  Just think there has to be something there.

arkjay19

nah, there will just be more talk about Bill Self

if both of them don't come, then Hogville might start breaking down

RocknRollRazorback

Quote from: TutAg on March 26, 2007, 05:00:36 pm
has been melting down all day? Myself included, by the way.  I say yes.

haha, to be on the light side of things for a minute....
hogville has had a couple of Chernobyl's already this year [but just not about basketball]
"You're no rock and roll fun! Like a party that's over before it begun. You're no walk in the park- more like a shot in the dark with clues left for no one."

Jimmy

TutAg

vol_in_ar

The meltdown will start if they get an up and coming mid major coach..

aTm97

Pardner, it just ain't gonna happen that away. The only circumstance that will pry the "G-man" out of AGGIELAND is an offer from the NBA (the REAL rumor).

dbaileyway7

It will sure surprise me if we don't get an "UP AND COMER"!

hogsailor

I'm not sure if I was banned or not but I can no longer post and I was nothing but courtious over there.

That board is a mirror of Hogville. We all have opinions about things and people over there get jumped for stupid posts just as quickly as they do here.
I think the mods from both boards were afraid of an explosion between the two boards and tried to keep things in order before that happend.

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress.
-- -- Joseph Joubert

RhodeHog

If you guys aren't worried about him leaving, why in the heck are you on a Hog message board?

MaconBacon

I would say at this point we already have a new coach.  If we just could confirm who....

The_Bionic_Pig

I'm 99.999999999999999999999999999% sure we don't have much to worry about  ;)  By the way MaconBacon that is one handsome looking avatar you have their  :D
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

Break & Run

Quote from: aTm97 on March 26, 2007, 05:15:34 pm

Pardner, it just ain't gonna happen that away. The only circumstance that will pry the "G-man" out of AGGIELAND is an offer from the NBA (the REAL rumor).

That's not the real rumor or else that's what everyone would be talking about on TexAg.com, not BCG coming to Arkansas...u dope!

vol_in_ar

reporting on Chuck's show

A&M is coming to the table with a 10 year 25 Million dollar offer.

Better get your piggy banks and be ready to pitch in for Gillespie

McKdaddy

We at TexAgs have melted down in a ginormous way today.  Can you match it IF you don't get our coach?
Yes, we would IF we don't get your coach.  I'm hoping to not have to suffer such embarressing behavior.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

HogFan1973

Quote from: Bomis Hawg on March 26, 2007, 05:11:42 pm

I know nothing.
But, why would Arkansas can Heath without having someone ready with Kentucky in waiting?
Has been said Billy was interested.  Just think there has to be something there.

I tend to lean the same way with the thinking that JW would not have allowed us to fire Heath if Broyles wasn't pretty sure he had either BG or BS lined up.

NostraHogmus

Melt down happens on my computer if we settle for Sadler after all this nonsense...

Break & Run

Quote from: hogsailor on March 26, 2007, 05:16:14 pm

I'm not sure if I was banned or not but I can no longer post and I was nothing but courtious over there.

That board is a mirror of Hogville. We all have opinions about things and people over there get jumped for stupid posts just as quickly as they do here.
I think the mods from both boards were afraid of an explosion between the two boards and tried to keep things in order before that happend.

when you go to click POST REPLY...look at the top and see if there's a red banner saying you've been banned.

aggiedemalibu

hogsailor, if you create a new account you can only post 5 times in a 24 hour period.

hogsailor

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on March 26, 2007, 05:22:17 pm
Quote from: hogsailor on March 26, 2007, 05:16:14 pm

when you go to click POST REPLY...look at the top and see if there's a red banner saying you've been banned.

I reached my post limit!

Geez I average over 6 a day here I never make it there with only 5 allowed for a rookie...

I see that now, thanks...

-- -- Joseph Joubert

StrongbadAg

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on March 26, 2007, 05:02:19 pm
i dont know, but I have been banned from that TexAg site.  Hogville has alot of class...unlike A&M, we have other sports we're good in (such as baseball)

We are 22-5 in baseball (Arkansas is 19-7) and we are in the top 20, I realize Arkansas is still ranked ahead of us, but it's not like we are a BAD team...

Rocky Mountain Living

Quote from: vol_in_ar on March 26, 2007, 05:20:20 pm
reporting on Chuck's show

A&M is coming to the table with a 10 year 25 Million dollar offer.

Better get your piggy banks and be ready to pitch in for Gillespie

Fact of the matter is we can match or do better.  I am worried that 2.5 vs 1.8 million is going to be JW's last straw...he may choose not to shell out that kind of money.  I just hope they realize that they stand to lose a lot more than $700k per year (from revenue) if they go with someone else besides Gillespie!

Tomhog™

Even the Arkansas talking heads are saying that someone is pretty much on board to can Heath.  There isn't going to be a search, BG will be the next coach here at Arkansas.  We will find out either tomorrow or Wednesday as all the details are hashed out...

TRUHOG718

were HOG fans. we dont melt we REBEL against  the powers that be.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

hawgfan80

He ain't going to the NBA, pardner.

aTm97

Quote from: hawgfan80 on March 26, 2007, 05:33:19 pm

You're right, he's staying put. Texas news sources from Houston to El Paso say the same thing.

Tomhog™

Quote from: aTm97 on March 26, 2007, 05:45:44 pm

You're right, he's staying put. Texas news sources from Houston to El Paso say the same thing.

Don't know what your post is since it's buried in a quote, but YOU'RE WRONG!

TutAg

with each passing minute of no announcement, it gets a minute closer to hogville meltdown.

aTm97

Quote from: TutAg on March 26, 2007, 06:18:25 pm
with each passing minute of no announcement, it gets a minute closer to hogville meltdown.

AMen brotha Tut

moses_007

Hogville will not meltdown if BG decides not to come...you guys think this message board is Three Mile Island Nuclear Power Plant?  It will just open things up for more rumors to go flying.  I don't see that happening.  For days our members have been reporting that Stan was going to be fired, and he was.  And, for days we have also been reporting that BG is coming to Arkansas.  And he will.  You will all see for yourself tomorrow or Wednesday.

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

pigfeet

Quote from: hog_fan_08 on March 26, 2007, 05:02:19 pm

I believe the Aggies are ranked 14th.

hogsailor

Does anyone else on here think that maybe BG is just using Arkansas to up his pay at A&M and he has no intention of leaving them?

Perfect scenario, two programs bidding against each other raising your pay but the entire time you knew you were staying put.

It's a win-win for BG.

-- -- Joseph Joubert

Dugann

ROFL this is just too funny, most fun I have had reading these threads in a while.  I think BG or Self will be the next U of A coach but the battle of words from the fans of A&M and Razorbacks ATM is just too funny.  Even the Texas boards are funny as hell.  This is a good night I think, Althought I do hate it for Stan I do feel we are going be better off in the long run with a new coach as long as we don't get another "Prospect" for a coach but a proven one like Self or BG.  I will say if Doc is announced as the new coach I am just done as a Hog fan.
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

hawgfan80

Quote from: aTm97 on March 26, 2007, 05:45:44 pm

We'll see.

BIGBADHAWG1

Something has you worried or you wouldn't be over in GOD'S country.Come on back after the PC announcing BCG as the new head basketball coach @ the UNIVERSITY of ARKANSAS..........Melvin Watkins or Tony Barrone are available!!!!!!

whomikejones

self is far out of your reach, the bcg website hasnt worked for quite some time, not just it hte past 48 hours

TutAg

had to bring it back.  I'm sorry.  On a nuetral field you may have won, but it's hard to take someones coach.