Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Aggies bashing Arkansas thread (Yes, we know they're doing it. Don't start a new thread to tell everybody what they're saying.)

Started by BartIV, March 26, 2007, 09:49:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BartIV

I was just looking on the message boards for Texas A&M and they are saying that their school has the better facilities, more money, and a better basketball history than Arkansas. Where do they get that kind of bull$h*T, but it does sound like it is a done deal.  We will be getting their coach and making him our own. 
But someone needs to give those people a reality check, they say Arkansas is the dreads of the Universe.  I have been to college station and its no dream city to live in, but they do say they live within driving distance of 3 big cities.
I think Arkansas finally will have a respectable basketball coach. Pay the man anything he wants and rack up the elite 8's, final fours, and hopefully another National Champ.

007 License To Squeal

Quote from: BartIV on March 26, 2007, 09:49:15 am
I was just looking on the message boards for Texas A&M and they are saying that their school has the better facilities, more money, and a better basketball history than Arkansas. Where do they get that kind of bull$h*T, but it does sound like it is a done deal.  We will be getting their coach and making him our own. 
But someone needs to give those people a reality check, they say Arkansas is the dreads of the Universe.  I have been to college station and its no dream city to live in, but they do say they live within driving distance of 3 big cities.
I think Arkansas finally will have a respectable basketball coach. Pay the man anything he wants and rack up the elite 8's, final fours, and hopefully another National Champ.

Those Aggies are going to look pretty stupid when they lose their coach to a bunch of "redneck inbreds", aren't they?
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

Hollywood_HOGan

i've stopped even caring about the Aggies.

let them say their crap

SooiecidetillNuttgone

His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

razorrog1

I think that's just the perception out there from anyone that hasn't been here.  Think about anytime a recruit visits for the first time.  One of the first things I always hear is how surprised they are at the quality of the facilities. They are usually surprised to rank us at or near the top of the SEC/Country.  Right now, we are one of those "best kept" little secrets.  I have a feeling that is all about to change.

BartIV

For them to say all these things, they must think their coach is leaving. They don't need to blame us, its their coach thats leaving.

BartIV

razordan

We have better facilities, better history, better colors, and prettier scenery. PERIOD!!

HoopS

upon reading those 2 points, you should have immediately disregarded any and all other things that come out of their pie holes.   More money?  Yes, they've got us there.   Otherwise, nope!    I've been to College Station more times than I can remember.   They certainly have no room to talk.    Being close to the big cities?  Yes, that's true.   Hour, hour and a half from Houston.  Whatever that does for ya. 

THIS IS HOGVILLE!!!!

BartIV

Quote from: HoopSlap on March 26, 2007, 10:04:42 am

upon reading those 2 points, you should have immediately disregarded any and all other things that come out of their pie holes.   More money?  Yes, they've got us there.   Otherwise, nope!    I've been to College Station more times than I can remember.   They certainly have no room to talk.    Being close to the big cities?  Yes, that's true.   Hour, hour and a half from Houston.  Whatever that does for ya. 
How does Texas A&M pull in more money than Arkansas, it must come from big oil.

HoopS

Quote from: BartIV on March 26, 2007, 10:06:23 am

How does Texas A&M pull in more money than Arkansas, it must come from big oil.

huge factor, brotha.   Lots of deep oil wells = Lots of deep pockets.   Natural gas too.   They certainly do not lack in the money department, that is not even debatable.   We aren't hurting ourselves... ;)

TheNuttlessFrontier

upon reading those 2 points, you should have immediately disregarded any and all other things that come out of their pie holes.   More money?  Yes, they've got us there.   Otherwise, nope!    I've been to College Station more times than I can remember.   They certainly have no room to talk.    Being close to the big cities?  Yes, that's true.   Hour, hour and a half from Houston.  Whatever that does for ya. 

Fayettville is less than two hours from Tulsa, as well. 

BartIV

Quote from: gators_fear_dmac on March 26, 2007, 10:13:13 am

upon reading those 2 points, you should have immediately disregarded any and all other things that come out of their pie holes.   More money?  Yes, they've got us there.   Otherwise, nope!    I've been to College Station more times than I can remember.   They certainly have no room to talk.    Being close to the big cities?  Yes, that's true.   Hour, hour and a half from Houston.  Whatever that does for ya. 

Fayettville is less than two hours from Tulsa, as well. 
Don't forget, 2hrs 45 mins from Little Rock, now that we have that new freeway.

hogsNbeer

Has Gillespie been to an elite 8?  Just asking...... I know he's done wonders for Texas A&M......  I'd still rather us go after a Pitino, or Self.......

felixfan

http://texags.com/main/forum.reply.asp?topic_id=843382&forum_id=7

I ask everybody are we 12 again and have to make fun of everybody.  I ask myself, arent we out of High school? So why act childish.  I know that not all Aggies fans act like this but this is just out of line.  Just to think about, this is all because of a basketball coach.  Since when did basketball become more important than politeness, and being a good U.S. citizen.  Bash me if you want people but this is going to damn far. 

BartIV

Hollywood_HOGan

Arkansas fans:

don't worry about the Aggies.

they are just that, Aggies

We should expect crap like that coming from a bunch of low class people like the Aggies.

hogwildinhouston

They should bookmark those threads so that they can refer back to them mid week. They'll need something to help cheer themselves up.

Ahenso

I thought those pictures were hilarious.. Come on yall, you can laugh to.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

In the end, the joke is on them because they're stuck in Cow Station, TEXASS.
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

HogBaptist

Quote from: felixfan on March 26, 2007, 10:18:06 am

I ask everybody are we 12 again and have to make fun of everybody.  I ask myself, arent we out of High school? So why act childish.  I know that all Aggies fans act like this but this is just out of line.  Just to think about, this is all because of a basketball coach.  Since when did basketball become more important than politeness, and being a good U.S. citizen.  Bash me if you want people but this is going to damn far. 

well if you would wear shoes, and get rid of your big screen in your travel trailor.....

people have been making fun of AR for ever.  i don't mind it.  if they had ever been here they would know what kind of state we have.

3kgthog

Ask how many of them are Dallas Cowboys' fans and if so are they aware of where the owner came from that got them all those rings.

The_Bionic_Pig

I got off here this morning around 4:00 a.m. (est) and their were still Aggies on here saying they were not worried about losing their Head Coach to Arkansas - stating their cases.    "Not worried huh?  ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

HighOnHogs

Quote from: Russ Swinegold on March 26, 2007, 10:25:29 am

Actually College Station and the surrounding area is very nice and I doubt anyone would consider themselves stuck there. 

BigDeal

I ask everybody are we 12 again and have to make fun of everybody.  I ask myself, arent we out of High school? So why act childish.  I know that not all Aggies fans act like this but this is just out of line.  Just to think about, this is all because of a basketball coach.  Since when did basketball become more important than politeness, and being a good U.S. citizen.  Bash me if you want people but this is going to damn far. 

Quote from: Ahenso on March 26, 2007, 10:25:03 am
I thought those pictures were hilarious.. Come on yall, you can laugh to.

I actually thought those pictures were funny too. Relax folks. Also, I didn't check any of their other threads. Is this how Aggies communicate on the web ? With pictures ? Just wondering.

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Quote from: HighOnHogs on March 26, 2007, 10:31:28 am

Actually College Station and the surrounding area is very nice and I doubt anyone would consider themselves stuck there. 

I would.
"I feel sorry for people who don't drink.  When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."  -Frank Sinatra

CPL HOG

that was funny. Lets see if some one from Texass can understand this

Barn yard animals not a Wife

hogsNbeer

Quote from: BartIV on March 26, 2007, 10:19:13 am
Gillespie also rebuilt Texas-El Paso.

Correct...Hadn't been to an elite 8?    He's proved he can rebuild a team.....but has he taken that team very far....? He took A&M to Sweet 16........  Do we want to shell out the cash for someone like this? or a name coach?     Remember, Stan took Kent State to elite 8?    Like I said earlier, nothing against BG, but I want a NAME coach...

woooooopig

Remind them that the Fayetteville area just got ranked #1 best place to live in the whole United States. As far as quaility of life, jobs, crime, cost of living, etc....go.

DickSonstreetDFW

BG is the only Texan you should want to move to NWA.

The rest of them can continue to think its a redneck backwater.

HoustonTXAg1990

Well, it's on our board, isn't it? It's not like you guys aren't doing your share of Aggie-bashing on your board.

Shocktheman

They are pretty funny!!

DickSonstreetDFW

Quote from: Russ Swinegold on March 26, 2007, 10:35:42 am

I would.

Me too.  Bryan College Station nice?

Compared to what other college town?

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Quote from: DickSonstreetDFW on March 26, 2007, 11:43:12 am

I would.

Lubbock?  Starkville?

GolfnHog

A&M certainly has the money, but otherwise College Station/Bryan is about 30 minutes from the cesspool. Actually it's the holding tank for the cesspool. But then again, ugly is a definition that comes to mind when CS/B is mentioned. The greatness of the Aggies is in their own minds and that's were it stops.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

hogsrmyfav36

F&*!NG INTRANET

Michaelt

I think they're just jealous because the most popular aspect of their sports is not football......
it's not basketball........

what gets the most noteriety and what gets the most applause in Aggieland is ...........

The Fightin' Aggie Band...... ;D
Hearing God's voice means not listening to the noise of the world around us.

hogsailor

Quote from: Russ Swinegold on March 26, 2007, 11:45:29 am
Quote from: DickSonstreetDFW on March 26, 2007, 11:43:12 am

I would.

Lubbock?  Starkville?

Austin, I would...

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress.
-- -- Joseph Joubert

major_hog_fan

somebody please post something on their forum.

DriveByHogger

You're just trying to be nice. Come on even the Aggies have to know that College Station is one ugly town surrounded by an even uglier countryside. A & M is a good university, but please, nice area?
She ain't revved 'till the rods are thrown!

WestMemphisHogFan

March 26, 2007, 12:45:39 pm #41 Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 12:52:39 pm by WestMemphisHogFan
I thought some of the pictures were pretty funny, especially coming from Aggies. I really liked the shoe one.

redbug56

they're mad cause we're stealing they're coach. we would be mad too.  8)

Pyotr Tchaikhogsky

Quote from: redbug56 on March 26, 2007, 12:47:14 pm
they're mad cause we're stealing they're coach. we would be mad too.  8)

Not if they stole Nutt.

redbug56

hogfan58

I grew up in Houston and went to CS many times for UA games there. My high school girlfriend went to A&M and I visited her there often.

Have any of you ever been to Starkeville MS? College Station makes Starkeville look like freaking Paris, France.

Look up "hellhole" and you'll see pictures of Lubbock, Starkeville and College Station.

I'm asking you as fans, don't give up on those players, don't give up on us, it's our program, it's the state of Alabama program...it's not one individuals program, so hang in there...

oldtimerhog

I've been to College Station.  NWA is paradise!
Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

Cartoon Man

Don't worry about a aggie, he is worse than a pollock.

IHateVitale

K i got a joke......Theres an Aggie a Longhorn and a Razorback in the hospital all awaiting newborns, the Longhorn goes in first and says "ill know my baby, anyone can tell a longhorn!" about 20 minutes later he comes out, couldn't find his baby. So the Aggie says "ill go in, i can tell a TAMU boy anyday!" 20 minutes later, no baby.  The Razorback stands up and says "ill go find my baby i can tell a razorback fan anyday!" 5 minutes later he comes out with a Baby Hawg a Baby Aggie and Baby Longhorn.......the horn and aggie asks "wow how did you do that?!" he said "I went in there and yelled WOOOOOOOOO PIG SOIEEEEEEE, my baby slam dunked his bottle, the longhorn stuff himself and the aggie played in it

: :razorback:
Darren McFadden~The greatest Razorback ever.  501 baby

IHateVitale

March 26, 2007, 01:20:53 pm #49 Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 01:31:14 pm by IHateVitale
BG is coming
Darren McFadden~The greatest Razorback ever.  501 baby