Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wow! Do you people REALLY think you could pull BCG from A&M???

Started by HoustonTXAg1990, March 26, 2007, 12:13:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog-On-Fire

Quote from: LDK on March 26, 2007, 02:02:26 pm
Quote from: Hog-On-Fire on March 26, 2007, 01:50:25 pm
Aggies are gay.
There, I said it.
Actually, your mother can verify that I'm not gay.

My mother is not a sheep. So no luck there with your verification. Fag

Scott747

LDK... It's time to smell the roses....

Unless we see a comment out of BG in College Station, the writing could be on the wall...

LDK

Quote from: Hog-On-Fire on March 26, 2007, 02:03:40 pm
Quote from: LDK on March 26, 2007, 02:02:26 pm
Quote from: Hog-On-Fire on March 26, 2007, 01:50:25 pm
Aggies are gay.
There, I said it.
Actually, your mother can verify that I'm not gay.

My mother is not a sheep. So no luck there with your verification. Fag

Ah the intellectual creativity of the Pigs of Arkansas.

LDK

Quote from: Scott747 on March 26, 2007, 02:06:36 pm

Unless we see a comment out of BG in College Station, the writing could be on the wall...

There will be a comment on Thursday, when they announce that he's staying put under the terms of a new deal.

Who's more delusional here -- someone who thinks a coach is staying put when multiple press sources say so, or someone who thinks a coach will come to their school, based on absolutely nothing but the fact that they want him, when theirs isn't even the best job out there?

I can't take any more of this nonsense.  I came to put you out of your misery.  If you want to linger on with false hope, be my guest.

And I treat my guests better than you treat yours.

Scott747

I would love to see BG stay at A&M, but must admit there is a bit of a lump in my throat right now. There has to be some concern that BG may in fact be heading to Arkansas. I'm sure we will know before Thursday.

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: LDK on March 26, 2007, 02:11:32 pm
Quote from: Scott747 on March 26, 2007, 02:06:36 pm

There will be a comment on Thursday, when they announce that he's staying put under the terms of a new deal.

Who's more delusional here -- someone who thinks a coach is staying put when multiple press sources say so, or someone who thinks a coach will come to their school, based on absolutely nothing but the fact that they want him, when theirs isn't even the best job out there?

I can't take any more of this nonsense.  I came to put you out of your misery.  If you want to linger on with false hope, be my guest.

And I treat my guests better than you treat yours.
How's this for a source?

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/6612092

GorillaJMonsoon

Porkerpower

porkchopscott

So what drink at the club do you want me to buy BG tonight. Only an aggie would stand in front of a moving train and think it will stop.

porkchop out

Chief Mac

Quote from: HoustonTXAg1990 on March 26, 2007, 12:25:46 pm
Quote from: GaRZRBCK on March 26, 2007, 12:18:39 pm
Quote from: HoustonTXAg1990 on March 26, 2007, 12:15:02 pm
Quote from: GaRZRBCK on March 26, 2007, 12:12:30 pm
Quote from: HoustonTXAg1990 on March 26, 2007, 12:02:09 pm
Quote from: GaRZRBCK on March 26, 2007, 08:42:34 am
Quote from: HoustonTXAg1990 on March 26, 2007, 12:13:26 am
That's some funny stuff! I admit that I worry some about losing him to one of the traditional elite, but I'm not worried at all that he'll go to Arkansas. There's no chance of that whatsoever. The only job opening that scares me is UK. The rest of the traditional elite are set for some time to come, so if BCG doesn't go to UK, he isn't going anywhere for many, many years, and maybe not ever.

Traditional elite??  I guess you don't understand the Aggies place in NCAA basketball history in reference to Arkansas'.

Did you have trouble reading the entire thread?

Maybe you have selective memory when it comes to your own posts.

That's some funny stuff! I admit that I worry some about losing him to one of the traditional elite, but I'm not worried at all that he'll go to Arkansas. There's no chance of that whatsoever. The only job opening that scares me is UK. The rest of the traditional elite are set for some time to come, so if BCG doesn't go to UK, he isn't going anywhere for many, many years, and maybe not ever.

The question is again appropriate: Did you have trouble reading the ENTIRE thread?

Wasn't responding to the ENTIRE thread, just your initial post

If you would read the entire thread, you would see that there isn't much reason for writing your recent posts. I've answered your complaints elsewhere, since others have already had your complaints. Argue against these answers instead of restating others' posts. It's a waste of time, otherwise.

last time I ck'd AGGIE, this is a Hog board, don't go dictating how people respond to your pie in the sky dreams!
"We spend two hundred and fifty billion dollars a year on defense and here we are....the fate of the planet in the hands of a bunch of retards I wouldn't trust with a potato gun!

prairiehogcompanion

What's with all the Billy G. worship here.

No offense intended, but you'd think he's the only coach in America.

deshahawg

A&Ms a real basketball powerhouse....Exactly when was the last time they won a championship....or for that matter were even in the championship?

HoustonTXAg1990

Quote from: hogfaninbr on March 26, 2007, 01:11:05 pm
Quote from: HoustonTXAg1990 on March 26, 2007, 01:04:43 pm
Wrong. Any school located in a talent-rich state that will pay the money we will pay and provide the basketball facilities that we have forthcoming offers a nice opportunity. The job was horrible just a few years back, but the new financial commitment is changing all of that. But you're free to be as uninformed as you like. ;)

Haha, I laugh everytime you post something else.  There are four pages on this post telling you, with facts, why arkansas is a better job than atm.  You are correct, there is a nice opportunity to build a consistent winner at atm and maybe after BG has built the program for 15 years he could maybe get one shot at a title run.  OR, he could come to a school where basketball is king and in 5 years have the hogs back in the national elite and could be competing for titles regularly.  You should really consider changing your sig to "dont confuse me with the facts". 

I'm glad you're laughing. I hope you can keep your good humor about you when BCG turns you down. :)

I think you struggle with basic reading comprehension, because I've said that Arkansas is a better job. However, it's not enough of an upgrade for BCG to remove himself from what he's already involved with. You overestimate your program's potential, and you underestimate ours. You'll understand shortly. Good luck with your coaching search after BCG tells you "no thanks."

Axlehog

It's over. He's a Razorback--just wait. I can't understand why that is so hard for you to believe. A&M, come on, there is no comparison between Arkansas B-ball and A&M--none whatsoever. But don't believe me, just wait.

HoustonTXAg1990

Quote from: GaRZRBCK on March 26, 2007, 05:00:17 pm
Quote from: HoustonTXAg1990 on March 26, 2007, 12:25:46 pm
Quote from: GaRZRBCK on March 26, 2007, 12:18:39 pm
Quote from: HoustonTXAg1990 on March 26, 2007, 12:15:02 pm
Quote from: GaRZRBCK on March 26, 2007, 12:12:30 pm
Quote from: HoustonTXAg1990 on March 26, 2007, 12:02:09 pm
Quote from: GaRZRBCK on March 26, 2007, 08:42:34 am

Traditional elite??  I guess you don't understand the Aggies place in NCAA basketball history in reference to Arkansas'.

Did you have trouble reading the entire thread?

Maybe you have selective memory when it comes to your own posts.

The question is again appropriate: Did you have trouble reading the ENTIRE thread?

Wasn't responding to the ENTIRE thread, just your initial post

If you would read the entire thread, you would see that there isn't much reason for writing your recent posts. I've answered your complaints elsewhere, since others have already had your complaints. Argue against these answers instead of restating others' posts. It's a waste of time, otherwise.

last time I ck'd AGGIE, this is a Hog board, don't go dictating how people respond to your pie in the sky dreams!

Thanks for the advice, but I'll tell you whatever I want to tell you. And I'm telling you that you've been a total waste of time so far, since every objection you've had has already been covered in the thread. ;)

HoustonTXAg1990

Quote from: Axlehog on March 26, 2007, 05:43:47 pm
It's over. He's a Razorback--just wait. I can't understand why that is so hard for you to believe. A&M, come on, there is no comparison between Arkansas B-ball and A&M--none whatsoever. But don't believe me, just wait.

Will you also be here to eat your crow when he doesn't end up at Arkansas? ;)

_Collin1

Quote from: HoustonTXAg1990 on March 26, 2007, 05:43:27 pm
Wrong. Any school located in a talent-rich state that will pay the money we will pay and provide the basketball facilities that we have forthcoming offers a nice opportunity. The job was horrible just a few years back, but the new financial commitment is changing all of that. But you're free to be as uninformed as you like. ;)

Haha, I laugh everytime you post something else.  There are four pages on this post telling you, with facts, why arkansas is a better job than atm.  You are correct, there is a nice opportunity to build a consistent winner at atm and maybe after BG has built the program for 15 years he could maybe get one shot at a title run.  OR, he could come to a school where basketball is king and in 5 years have the hogs back in the national elite and could be competing for titles regularly.  You should really consider changing your sig to "dont confuse me with the facts". 

I'm glad you're laughing. I hope you can keep your good humor about you when BCG turns you down. :)

I think you struggle with basic reading comprehension, because I've said that Arkansas is a better job. However, it's not enough of an upgrade for BCG to remove himself from what he's already involved with. You overestimate your program's potential, and you underestimate ours. You'll understand shortly. Good luck with your coaching search after BCG tells you "no thanks."

I'm sorry...  when did our state become poor in terms of talent.  Sure, we aren't Texas... but we aren't North Dakota either.  I can't even think of one player in the NBA that went through A&M's program...  meanwhile, homegrown talent like Corliss Williamson won a National Championship and has a decent NBA career. 

Should we mention homegrown talent like Joe Johnson who is currently one of the best players in the league?  GO away Aggie fan...  your stench is coming through my laptop.
Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

arkrzrbacks

Houston is that you saying BG will never come to Arkansas? Are you scared? Is lil' Housty not going to be big man on campus anymore if BG comes.  Awww it'll be ok.  Here let Uncle Frank hold your hand.

HoustonTXAg1990

Quote from: BigC51 on March 26, 2007, 05:51:06 pm

I'm sorry...  when did our state become poor in terms of talent.  Sure, we aren't Texas... but we aren't North Dakota either.  I can't even think of one player in the NBA that went through A&M's program...  meanwhile, homegrown talent like Corliss Williamson won a National Championship and has a decent NBA career. 

Should we mention homegrown talent like Joe Johnson who is currently one of the best players in the league?  GO away Aggie fan...  your stench is coming through my laptop.

Who cares if you can't think of a past A&M player? That's not the point. The point is the quality and depth of the talent pool in the STATE. Think of NBA players from the state of Texas. That's the talent pool we can now tap. Would you trade the Texas talent pool for the Arkansas talent pool?

HoustonTXAg1990

Quote from: arkrzrbacks on March 26, 2007, 05:53:02 pm
Houston is that you saying BG will never come to Arkansas? Are you scared? Is lil' Housty not going to be big man on campus anymore if BG comes.  Awww it'll be ok.  Here let Uncle Frank hold your hand.

Why would I be scared that BCG will never go to Arkansas? ;)

Nutts and Bolts

Sit back and watch aggieboy..Now go to your room and iron your 12th man towel
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

_Collin1

Quote from: HoustonTXAg1990 on March 26, 2007, 05:59:10 pm

Who cares if you can't think of a past A&M player? That's not the point. The point is the quality and depth of the talent pool in the STATE. Think of NBA players from the state of Texas. That's the talent pool we can now tap. Would you trade the Texas talent pool for the Arkansas talent pool?

Not to get your panties in a bind big boy... but we can recruit Texas just as well as Arkansas.  I know we have had a few Mr. Basketballs from the state of Texas, including Glendon Alexander recently who we took over our own homegrown talent here in Fayetteville (Nikki Bradford).

Lets just make sure we have these facts straight...  you have never been to Fayetteville and seen our campus.  You have never seen Fayetteville's night life.  I, on the other hand, have been to College Station.  Your football has a positive reputation, but your Basketball is a joke.

Just make sure you understand that University of Arkansas can recruit Texas kids better than you can.  You will always be second fiddle to the Longhorns.  Just be happy that Lubbock is so far away and Houston isnt a national power anymore.  Also be happy that the SWC doesnt exist anymore, cause we far out number you in conference titles in both major sports.

Did you wanna try us in Baseball or Track?  Might wanna do some research before you jump on another schools page and start talking smack.  And since you have probably lived in the abyss that is Texas your entire life, go to Google Maps and put in "N Razorback Rd, Fayetteville, Washington, Arkansas 72701, United States"

Click the hybrid button.  Enjoy our 'resources' which include the best basketball arena in the midwest, a football stadium that trumps 80 percent of the big 12, the best Baseball complex in the nation, and the best Indoor Track and Field complex in the nation.  Even our weight room would make you wet your pants.

Just keep all this in mind and put yourself in a Coach or Recruits mind.  Why would a Coach care that the HQ of Tyson Foods, JB Hunt and WalMart are down the road???  Money.  Why would Recruit care that they are down the road???  Cause they will always have a job after their Razorback career is over.

I'm done with you.  Do your homework.  Also in the meantime, try to get an Interstate to pass your wonderful campus.
Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

HoustonTXAg1990

Ironic that you are talking about someone else's panties being in a wad. ;) Quite a frazzled tone in that post.

You can tell yourself whatever you want, but you'll never recruit this state at an elite level until you're playing a good number of games here annually again, and that won't happen for the foreseeable future.

You're clearly ignorant of the sweeping changes taking place in our athletics program, and that basically strips your post of any possible value for me. Feel free to write further diatribes if you so desire, but I won't be wasting any additional time reading them. Cheers! Enjoy your coaching search after BCG declines any and all offers from Arkansas. :)

hog.goblin

Quote from: HoustonTXAg1990 on March 27, 2007, 01:20:37 am
Ironic that you are talking about someone else's panties being in a wad. ;) Quite a frazzled tone in that post.

You can tell yourself whatever you want, but you'll never recruit this state at an elite level until you're playing a good number of games here annually again, and that won't happen for the foreseeable future.

You're clearly ignorant of the sweeping changes taking place in our athletics program, and that basically strips your post of any possible value for me. Feel free to write further diatribes if you so desire, but I won't be wasting any additional time reading them. Cheers! Enjoy your coaching search after BCG declines any and all offers from Arkansas. :)

If Slocum is still hanging around down there please send him our way for a new football coach.  If I had my choice to steal an Aggie coach, I would have kept Stan, fired HDN, and taken Slocum.

songofthesword

that was a very good question.... who HAS AandM Produced over the last say, 10 years?

I know Darvin Ham went to either Tech or AandM

shoot... and I am a statboy, I know this stuff like the back of my hand. I can tell you pretty much any player in the league where they came from, how highly recruited they were out of HS, etc.

th'ats really not being funny.

Texas is bigger, but arkansas basketball is the only game in town.  to put it in prospective the potential this job has, after the worst basketball season in memory (i think 01), look at some of the recrits we pulled in over the next 2 or so years.

Andre Igodola (you know who I mean)
Al Jefferson
ronnie Brewer
Sonny Weems, who was the most highly recruited juco in the counry last year
Olu, who sucked balls but was a top 10 player coming out of high school
Michael Washington, who granted was in our backyard but was still a 5 star player per rivals

AND THIS IS AFTER NOT DOING ANYTHING IN THE LAST 11 YEARS.

The farthest we have been was to the sweet 16, and that was the year after we went to the championchip, so tha tmade it 96.

I'm originally from Newport Beach, CA. People there when I tell them I live in Arkansas, they, depending on who they are say something about bill clinton, or something about the razorback basketball team, to this day  (and from time to time the 70-17 drumming we took in football)

So why would anyone want to come here? name 10 schools with more tradition in basketballl than arkansas..

kentucky
ucla
north carolina
duke
georgetown
kansas
uconn....

arkansas has been to I think 4 final fours and won 1. That's on the level with Arizona, Florida, Villinova, Texas (I don't think texas has been to that many..)

It's not a premier job, but it's darn, darn close... and just imagine if nolan wouldn't have stoped recruiting. We would be on the same level as duke.

msudawgs64

actually Texas A&M baseball has been a very solid program for awhile..

not defending anyone one way or another but I love college baseball and it's history and I know that the Aggies have been a top program for many years, a consistent regional host and have championships at both the Big 12 and SWC level as well as 4 CWS appearances.

If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

songofthesword

we aren't talking about baseball.. if you can talk about baseball (which we are good in as well, we just beat the number 1 team in the country in a 3 game series, and I know we are ranked pretty high), we can use track... and I promise you AandM has no program ont hat level.

if it were football, texas AandM is probably honestly a better job at this point.

P.S- War wood bats in college

CCU Cougar

Quote from: msudawgs64 on March 27, 2007, 01:32:50 am
actually Texas A&M baseball has been a very solid program for awhile..

not defending anyone one way or another but I love college baseball and it's history and I know that the Aggies have been a top program for many years, a consistent regional host and have championships at both the Big 12 and SWC level as well as 4 CWS appearances.

And I love your facility out in Starkville. I got to visit it this fall and liked it a lot.

msudawgs64

Quote from: songofthesword on March 27, 2007, 01:43:48 am
we aren't talking about baseball.. if you can talk about baseball (which we are good in as well, we just beat the number 1 team in the country in a 3 game series, and I know we are ranked pretty high), we can use track... and I promise you AandM has no program ont hat level.

if it were football, texas AandM is probably honestly a better job at this point.

P.S- War wood bats in college

go to page 9 of this thread, the topic of baseball and track was brought up, just stating the baseball part..I know the Hogs have an excellent track program and though I care very little about track I am still up on what the Hogs have done in the sport.  As far as level, the only team in the SEC that I would consider on the same level in terms of dominance would be LSU women's track.  No one else is close though on the men's side.   I also know the Hogs are very good in baseball but just saying don't belittle the Aggies in this sport, they are also a national player in the sport.

And thanks CCU Cougar, glad you liked it.  I will be up to see Baum in two weeks for the State-Hogs series, looking forward to it too.
If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.  ~Dave Barry

"I'd rather lose a game like that than a 5-4 ballgame when somebody walks in the winning run or makes an error" -MSU's former head coach Ron Polk after South Carolina pummeled the Bulldogs 20-3 on 3/23/2007.

Feb. 20, 2009-a new era in MSU Baseball begins.

GorillaJMonsoon

Quote from: HoustonTXAg1990 on March 26, 2007, 05:59:10 pm
Quote from: BigC51 on March 26, 2007, 05:51:06 pm

We have recruited plenty of players from the state of Texas.  Your school doesn't have to be in Texas to recruit Texas players.

Corkscrew Johnson

ac04

denying that arkansas is a great program is foolish.  that said, i'm not worried even a little big about BCG leaving for numerous reasons (most of which have already been posted on this thread, so i won't waste your time re-typing them).  i went in to panic mode for about 15 minutes yesterday when things were really heating up, but with a day to let it sink in and put some rational thought to it, i just can't see it happening.

rowdy1

Good luck aTm!  You're gonna need a lot of it after tomorrow!
Stop bitching! Don't believe everything you read.  Do the research!  Believe in the Hogs~

Catfish

ac04, thats all well and good, but how do you feel about imported shrimp?

rowdy1

Time for the Mods to come in and clean up this ugly mess they have on here!
Stop bitching! Don't believe everything you read.  Do the research!  Believe in the Hogs~

weevilhogg

can someone delete that crap above us?   no need for that at all.
Oh my!