Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wow! Do you people REALLY think you could pull BCG from A&M???

Started by HoustonTXAg1990, March 26, 2007, 12:13:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HoustonTXAg1990

That's some funny stuff! I admit that I worry some about losing him to one of the traditional elite, but I'm not worried at all that he'll go to Arkansas. There's no chance of that whatsoever. The only job opening that scares me is UK. The rest of the traditional elite are set for some time to come, so if BCG doesn't go to UK, he isn't going anywhere for many, many years, and maybe not ever.

Table Rocker

Quote from: HoustonTXAg1990 on March 26, 2007, 12:13:26 am
That's some funny stuff! I admit that I worry some about losing him to one of the traditional elite, but I'm not worried at all that he'll go to Arkansas. There's no chance of that whatsoever. The only job opening that scares me is UK. The rest of the traditional elite are set for some time to come, so if BCG doesn't go to UK, he isn't going anywhere for many, many years, and maybe not ever.

it's happening .

No Name calling! OK?

wooo

why are you over here then?

must be thinking its a possibility or you wouldn't be lurking

AHogalypto

Someone's getting cranky....

redbug56

hope to see you on here tommorrow night too. and by the way crying helps. remember that because tommorrow is gonna be a long day for you.

Table Rocker

he's just pissed he'll spend his whole life being a longhorn's bitch

Big Papa Satan

HoustonTXAg1990

Quote from: Table Rocker on March 26, 2007, 12:14:41 am

it's happening dipsh!t.

A little upset, are we? No need for namecalling.

And, no, it's not happening. You can take that to the bank. Sorry.

cal34

Looks like somebody woke up on the wrong side of the rock.

wooo

you mods seem confident.

do you have a scoop or just hoping like heck?

Big Papa Satan

AHogalypto

Quote from: donewithdale on March 26, 2007, 12:19:03 am

How would an Aggie know about the traditional elite?
B/c they're used to losing to them all the time.

wooo

HoustonTXAg1990

Quote from: wooo on March 26, 2007, 12:15:33 am

No, I'm over here because people are laughing hysterically about the posts on this board at Websider and TexAgs. I thought my fellow Aggies couldn't be serious, so I followed the links posted and saw that, lo and behold, you really DID think you were going to get BCG. I'm thoroughly amused by all of this, so I figured I'd sign up and experience the discussion first-hand.

Scott747

I think realistic Ag fans (and yes there are a few of us) are concerned about BG leaving for Arkansas, there should be no denying that. It's just hard to imagine so soon after the tourney run.....

aggie83

Great....there is a retard in every village..... an I am the 1 in this village.

Sorry razorbacks

KinkosHog

Well, Arkansas is a great basketball program.

TAMU???  Not so much.

HogFan1973

I always get a kick out of the aggs confidence in their school.  It is amazing that they couldn't sell out every game this year, but the ONLY team most of them are worried about is KY when it comes to BG?  I know no inside people, and have no idea if he will be our next coach, but those folks down there in aggie land are going to be in for a rude awakening when BG goes to his next school.

redbarn

The Aggies are pretty sure they are offering BG 3 mil a year for 10 years.  Said they heard it in the checkout line at Target.
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

HoustonTXAg1990

Quote from: AHogalypto on March 26, 2007, 12:15:38 am
Someone's getting cranky....

No sir, not at all. I'm getting a real kick out of all of this.

Don't worry. If this impossibility actually takes place, I'll be back to eat all the crow you care to serve me. But I assure you that won't be necessary.

WBChogfan

Those coaching changes just come at you so fast it just messes you up!

AHogalypto

Quote from: aggie83 on March 26, 2007, 12:21:12 am
Great....there is a retard in every village.....Sorry razorbacks
We all have our bad seeds.

redbug56

Quote from: HoustonTXAg1990 on March 26, 2007, 12:20:51 am
Quote from: wooo on March 26, 2007, 12:15:33 am

No, I'm over here because people are laughing hysterically about the posts on this board at Websider and TexAgs. I thought my fellow Aggies couldn't be serious, so I followed the links posted and saw that, lo and behold, you really DID think you were going to get BCG. I'm thoroughly amused by all of this, so I figured I'd sign up and experience the discussion first-hand.

im glad you got a kick out of it. i'll be sure and come join your message board too while your looking for a new coach. im sure i'll find that amusing.

Hawgvillain

wooo

I like A&M actually... I like the fact the we both hate Texass Longhorns.

but I hope we git yur coach!

yuns can have ours!

SwinedMelon

They don't have a Target in CS. They have pawn shops and Tractor & Supply.
"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

jkelly107

And, no, it's not happening.

Your right it's already a done deal
Go tell your Aggie friends but talk slow they wont understand

redbarn

Quote from: wooo on March 26, 2007, 12:24:17 am
I like A&M actually... I like the fact the we both hate Texass Longhorns.

but I hope we git yur coach!

yuns can have ours!

And we will throw in a egotistical football coach as well
"I'm against the constitutionality of marriage in any way, shape, or form.  You may quote me......."  Rev Jerry Falwell

HoustonTXAg1990

How would an Aggie know about the traditional elite?

This may amaze you, but even an Aggie can memorize the names of six schools. :)

TransAmHawg

The only thing bigger in Texas is ya'lls heads from swelling in the heat. Done deal!!!  Has been for a while. A& M is a football school.
He see that A&M is third to Texas (spit) and T. Tech with B. Knight. Everyone knows that the SEC is better than the SWC south. He'll have 18,000 in his first red white game. We'll put 18,000 screaming hog fans in the best arena in the south for him to play anybody he wants. He'll have 7 or more Scholarships to work with after this years class is gone. 2 SEC freshmen players of the year, 7 returning starters that need tough love.
  The real question here is why would he stay in CS? It's better than Houston but so is Bagdad. What tradition does A&M have in Bball? None!!!
  Face it ya'll have lost to Arkansas again. Ain't it great?

WPS, BEAT TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and that sheep farm in College Station.
It'll Shine When it Shines

Ol Frank has finally $h!t in his own lunch box!!!

"I hope they all keep smiling and taking the arse pounding that we are dishing out..
  It's their choice to bite the pillow or look over their shoulder lovingly.
  Either way we're on top..!"   
                             4windshawg

Philip Seaton

We'll see...some things are happening that leads me — a big skeptic — that this is happening. I don't have enough to break the story, but trust me on it. The first piece plays out on Monday.

Waldron_Hog

Nice comment about the village retards.

Unfortunately, your village is now looking for theirs, shouldn't you call in or something?

redbarn

Quote from: TransAmHawg on March 26, 2007, 12:26:04 am
The only thing bigger in Texas is ya'lls heads from swelling in the heat. Done deal!!!  Has been for a while. A& M is a football school.
He see that A&M is third to Texas (spit) and T. Tech with B. Knight. Everyone knows that the SEC is better than the SWC south. He'll have 18,000 in his first red white game. We'll put 18,000 screaming hog fans in the best arena in the south for him to play anybody he wants. He'll have 7 or more Scholarships to work with after this years class is gone. 2 SEC freshmen players of the year, 7 returning starters that need tough love.
  The real question here is why would he stay in CS? It's better than Houston but so is Bagdad. What tradition does A&M have in Bball? None!!!
  Face it ya'll have lost to Arkansas again. Ain't it great?

WPS, BEAT TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and that sheep farm in College Station.

Quit bashing the sheep............it's not their fault.

hogfan0307

You can't honestly tell me with a straight face that Arkansas isn't a better job than A & M...Gillespie has worked wonders there but him taking you all to the NCAA tourney consistently is about the equivalent of him taking Arkansas to at least the sweet 16 every year...the ceiling is just so much higher here, if i was a good coach...i would take less money to come here

HoustonTXAg1990

Quote from: Air It Out Gus on March 26, 2007, 12:22:02 am
I always get a kick out of the aggs confidence in their school.  It is amazing that they couldn't sell out every game this year, but the ONLY team most of them are worried about is KY when it comes to BG?  I know no inside people, and have no idea if he will be our next coach, but those folks down there in aggie land are going to be in for a rude awakening when BG goes to his next school.

Quote from: aggie83 on March 26, 2007, 12:21:12 am
Great....there is a retard in every village..... an I am the 1 in this village.

Sorry razorbacks

Well what a sorry buttkisser you are, aggie83. I think the mod's edit was quite appropriate. :) I have insulted or cursed at anyone aside from you. I'll disagree adamantly with some posters, I'm sure, but I'll continue to treat all of the Hog posters here respectfully.

KinkosHog

I never cared for the Aggies in the SWC.

I respected the hell out of the Longhorns and my hate for them was the result of them being so damn good.

With TAMU, they were just a bunch of thugs.

bobetty

Have the Aggies ever been to a basketball Final Four?  Perhaps BG is attracted to a school with a great basketball tradition. Has A&M always fielded a basketball team?  ;)

SwinedMelon

Y'all just built a brand new 12k kseat arena.... thats a joke and a slap in the face to any coach coaching major D1 basketball. Ours holds over 20k.
"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

Hog in MO

Scott747

With the success of the basketball program that last few years, fans try to equate that with the popularity of the football program. Heck we could have a 150k seat stadium and fill it every Saturday. Basketball is just now catching on, but make no mistake, it quickly is becoming a big thing down this way.

If we can/could hold on to BG for a few more years, I think he would become established enough that the prospects of a long tenure increase. The downside is he has not been here long enough to have those feelings....

TransAmHawg

Quote from: Hog in MO on March 26, 2007, 12:34:28 am
I'd say its possible.

http://daresler.net/info/top/basketball-programs/

It ain't about $$$ - its all about getting a ring. 

I couldn't find aTm on the list. Must be a mistake huh Aggies?

"I hope they all keep smiling and taking the arse pounding that we are dishing out..
                             4windshawg

HoosierDaddy

Both sides have strong opinions.  One is going to have a big plate of crow in front of them.

I vividly remember excitedly looking forward to BB season at the UofA, while FB was an also-ran and it was good to make a bowl.  But a lot of that changed after the 2002 Nolan ordeal.

I dont know if the BCG deal is real or not.  Have read/heard many things before.  Some came true, others not.

I sure want BWA to be rocking every game and the program to be important again, like it once was.
"Objective Thinking Lives Here"

Hog in MO

Quote from: TransAmHawg on March 26, 2007, 12:38:10 am
Quote from: Hog in MO on March 26, 2007, 12:34:28 am
I'd say its possible.

http://daresler.net/info/top/basketball-programs/

It ain't about $$$ - its all about getting a ring. 

I couldn't find aTm on the list. Must be a mistake huh Aggies?

I didn't find them on there either but I wasn't gonna rub it in :)

KinkosHog

Arkansas is already a basketball and football school.  That is thanks to Eddie and Strollin'.

If Gillispie wants tradition then Fayetteville is his town.

TransAmHawg

When you hire a new coach all that rich tradition you have will land some great coach I'm sure. We have a Jr. college that you might be able to get their coach.
  I'm sure you first choice will be Coach K at Duke. Then you'll go down the list, UNC, Kansas, UCLA, Texas (spit), you know those other elite teams A&M is always mentioned with, jeez!!  When you start making Alabama's football search look good you'll be cussing us and while we're in the elite eight next year we'll be thanking you guys.

Thanks for sharing.  How do you like your crow cooked?

4windshawg

HoustonTXAg1990

Quote from: hogfan0307 on March 26, 2007, 12:28:38 am

You can't honestly tell me with a straight face that Arkansas isn't a better job than A & M...Gillespie has worked wonders there but him taking you all to the NCAA tourney consistently is about the equivalent of him taking Arkansas to at least the sweet 16 every year...the ceiling is just so much higher here, if i was a good coach...i would take less money to come here

I don't think you all appreciate how quickly A&M has become a very good job. We've never put any money into this sport before. The facilities have always been horrible. That's all changing. We're doing what t.u. did 9 years ago. A&M will throw as much cash as necessary at the program to make it an excellent program capable of retaining its hires. A&M was a HORRIBLE job just a few years back. That's not the case anymore. We'll pay coaches as well as any major program and we'll provide them the facilities they need to get great recruits from this state.

I think Arkansas is still a better job, but not by so much that someone like BCG, with very strong roots in Texas (from Texas, mother living nearby, etc.), is going to feel the need to leave what he is already establishing here. I think a coach from another school altogether would more often than not choose Arkansas over A&M, but that's not the issue here, since he's already at A&M. Arkansas isn't enough of an upgrade for it to be worth his while to uproot himself and move. Kentucky, on the other hand...

moses_007

If nothing else, Aggie, our message board is about 100 times more modern than yours.

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Newport Hog

Comparing Texas AM as a powerhouse in anythang especially with there big brother Texas numberone in there state heart is like comparing ASU as a state powerhouse in Arkansas.

HoustonTXAg1990

Quote from: bobetty on March 26, 2007, 12:30:56 am
Have the Aggies ever been to a basketball Final Four?  Perhaps BG is attracted to a school with a great basketball tradition. Has A&M always fielded a basketball team?  ;)

No, we don't have any real tradition, obviously, but Florida hadn't done squat before Donovan, either, and he isn't leaving that job for anywhere but UK.