Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Subject Line On Another Board, BCG to ARK 1.75mil / 7 years

Started by titan12071973, March 25, 2007, 11:58:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

little pigee

Quote from: GBoling5000 on March 26, 2007, 08:42:11 am
Quote from: bktex15 on March 26, 2007, 12:43:57 am
My question is how and why this info has leaked...last I checked Stan was still the coach

Stan is still the coach.  Has anyone thought that maybe the PTB are going to hire a new coach and keep Stan until his contract runs out?  He's not a bad recruiter, and if they're going to spend the money anyway, maybe they want to keep him until he finds work elsewhere.  Could be a reason why they're able to "move quickly" without firing their present coach...just a thought.
Interesting thought.  Could be best thing for all parties.
It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

Break & Run

Quote from: Table Rocker on March 26, 2007, 12:02:51 am
anybody a member give out the log-in, then we can all take turns reading :)

or better yet just copy and paste

you can't, we'll get in trouble for copy and paste from pay sites.
Quote from: Michael BernalWhat's your favorite Arkansas tradition?
"I can't be cliché and say 'Call the Hogs,' but I think I have to.  That's just something that sets our university apart.  When you're out on the field and everyone in the stadium stands up, it's amazing.  Even when we're at a football or basketball game, just to see that many people around you doing the same thing for you when you're on the field or for the other guys who are playing, it's pretty awesome."

Puerco Diablo

My question is how and why this info has leaked...last I checked Stan was still the coach

The proverbial PTB should not let Heath twist in the wind much longer.  He is a good guy who deserves to be treated with respect even when he is being shown the door.

arklahoman36

Maybe Gillespie is going to be the Hogs next coach, maybe not. But I'm wary of any guarantees, when I think about Rodriguez to Alabama and some others that were supposed to be done deals.

Stan is still the coach.  Has anyone thought that maybe the PTB are going to hire a new coach and keep Stan until his contract runs out?  He's not a bad recruiter, and if they're going to spend the money anyway, maybe they want to keep him until he finds work elsewhere.  Could be a reason why they're able to "move quickly" without firing their present coach...just a thought.
Do you really want someone recruiting for us that we've demoted like that? What incentive does he have to do a good job?

PeytonManningSUCKS

Quote from: Karma on March 26, 2007, 09:33:28 am

Stan is still the coach.  Has anyone thought that maybe the PTB are going to hire a new coach and keep Stan until his contract runs out?  He's not a bad recruiter, and if they're going to spend the money anyway, maybe they want to keep him until he finds work elsewhere.  Could be a reason why they're able to "move quickly" without firing their present coach...just a thought.
Do you really want someone recruiting for us that we've demoted like that? What incentive does he have to do a good job?
Gus had too much pride, I bet Stan would too.

Hog lite

I heard this weekend that FB made deal with BCG for 1.8.  JW vetoed it.  FB and JW are meeting today. FB is fighting for BCG and JW wants Lon Kruger, Stan, or someone we can pay 1 mill per year to.  We should know something this afternoon.

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: Hog lite on March 26, 2007, 10:11:58 am
I heard this weekend that FB made deal with BCG for 1.8.  JW vetoed it.  FB and JW are meeting today. FB is fighting for BCG and JW wants Lon Kruger, Stan, or someone we can pay 1 mill per year to.  We should know something this afternoon.

freakin john white