Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interesting post from the Aggies board...

Started by joebut18, March 25, 2007, 09:29:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razor-trac

I can't see us bringing BG in for review via single prop plane from Searcy. Particularly if Ridout has a Citation in Searcy. Am I missing something?

My company works with a big event production company. My contact toured BWA and said that it is the nicest arena he has seen. Said it is amazing we only play basketball there. Said the dressing rooms are nicer than most corporate conference rooms he has seen. Nicer than any NBA arena in which he has worked.

Apparently UA gets requests for concerts etc but athletic dept won't let it happen. Regime change may change that policy. Revenues are near maxed and additional $$ must come from other sources. Dude was amazed and perplexed.

We have, arguably, the best facilities in the country and, in some cases, the world. aTm does NOT by any stretch of the imagination.
"We have chosen hope over fear, unity of purpose over conflict and discord." BH Obama at inauguration

"A failure to act, and act now, will turn crisis into a catastrophe and guarantee a longer recession, a less robust recovery, and a more uncertain future. " BH Obama a couple weeks later

That's what I call change.

Michael Porkleone

Quote from: razor-trac on March 25, 2007, 11:44:38 pm
I can't see us bringing BG in for review via single prop plane from Searcy. Particularly if Ridout has a Citation in Searcy. Am I missing something?

My company works with a big event production company. My contact toured BWA and said that it is the nicest arena he has seen. Said it is amazing we only play basketball there. Said the dressing rooms are nicer than most corporate conference rooms he has seen. Nicer than any NBA arena in which he has worked.

Apparently UA gets requests for concerts etc but athletic dept won't let it happen. Regime change may change that policy. Revenues are near maxed and additional $$ must come from other sources. Dude was amazed and perplexed.

We have, arguably, the best facilities in the country and, in some cases, the world. aTm does NOT by any stretch of the imagination.
only concerts i've seen in BWA were a part of the WMT shareholders meeting...
Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Don't forget the batting cages under the floor ;)

An old hog fanatic

Reynie Rutledge is also Jim Lindsey's brother-in-law.  Rutledge used to own a Cheyenne.  Don't know if he still has it but he is an excellent pilot.
Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

MGCAPRI

Be careful guys on getting your hopes up to much on BG even though I feel it is a strong possibility. Because A & M is working right now on a counter offer. So we better be willing to bring it to get this accomplished.

BennyBlancofromtheRock

Quote from: Yindao on March 25, 2007, 09:34:42 pm
thought this was funny:

"Searcy is nowhere near Fayetteville...trust me, there isn't any money in Searcy either, I had to live there for 4 months for a project I was on. If a big money guy is gonna fly out of anywhere in that area, it's gonna be out of LR."

What is funny is that there is big money in Searcy...

razorrog1

Quote from: pokerhog on March 25, 2007, 11:04:26 pm
Quote from: ceag09 on March 25, 2007, 10:50:14 pm
Ya'll people do realize he turned down the Indiana job last year right?

Do you people seriously think he would turn that job down and take a oh so more prestigious job at UA?

You do realize that Arkansas is a top 10 basketball tradition don't you? Don't you aslo realize that A&M has been to like 3 NCAA tourny's? We have better basketball facilities and better fan support for our bball program. Our arena is also much bigger and nicer. I don't care how much you renevated. It's one of the top bball arenas in the country.
Don't waste your breath.  They know the truth, and there isn't a dang thing they can do about it.   

IHateVitale

someone on the A&M bored claimed to have seen BG at Outback Steakhouse last night :P
Darren McFadden~The greatest Razorback ever.  501 baby

BennyBlancofromtheRock

If the PTB don't already have a coach on the line then the firing of my man Heath was a big ass mistake....

DrSwineESQ

Coul
Quote from: hogmommy on March 26, 2007, 12:43:58 pm
Quote from: Yindao on March 26, 2007, 12:30:34 pm

only concerts i've seen in BWA were a part of the WMT shareholders meeting...

Yeah, Wal-Mart gets special priveledges at Bud WALTON arena.  Wonder why?  ;)

Grin indeed, could be the deal WM worked out with the UofA to finance BWA.   At least that's according to the former chancellor who helped broker the deal.  :)